• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Seattle For Three Games September 20-22

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crim is 5’10”. Average height of MLB first baseman is 6’2”. Maybe they are holding that against him.

There’s no other explanation.
Then why draft him and keep him on the roster?

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Then why draft him and keep him on the roster?
19th round draft choice, maybe nobody looked better. He’s turned out to be a good career triple A guy and helps the team win and puts fans in the seats.
I’m just guessing I have no idea.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Kennedi Landry:

But Carter also believes that good news is coming his way. While he declined to go into more detail, Carter said they’ve found some underlying issues that needed correcting beyond “just swinging a bat and hurting my back.”

He has not restarted baseball activities just yet, but better things appear to be on the horizon.

“I'm excited,” Carter said. “It's been one of those things where you do everything that you're supposed to do. You do everything right, you bust your butt, and then there's no results. So it's like, why are there no results? Why are we not seeing what we want to see? On one side, it sucks that this is going to be me for the rest of my life. But on the other hand, I can take care of that hopefully, and kind of put it on the back burner for a while. So I'm excited about what we've got going forward. We’ll see how it goes.”
It's worth noting that Carter has had one other major back injury in his professional career. He played just 32 games with Single-A Down East during his pro debut in 2021 due to a stress fracture in his back, though he slashed .236/.438/.387 in that small sample that season.

But after his recent findings, he doesn’t think that it’ll be a problem going forward.

“My hope is that once we get everything going that needs to in the next week or two, that I should never have to think about this until I’m 50,” Carter said.
Wish this had more specific info

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
know there's only 6 games left and we're playing for nothing so why not bring up Crim, Huff and Harris?
Maybe he thinks a Jank gives him a better chance to win and he wants the wins more than future development.
Could say it pads his win totals but I have no evidence. Just don’t know

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last two seasons the Rangers accomplished two things under CY. The put together a great 60 game stretch to begin the 2023 season. Then they got inexplicably hot during the postseason last year. Since that 60th game of the regular season in 2023, this team has done nothing to show that they can play well enough in the regular season to ever get back to the postseason again. I don't understand what mojo the team had in those first 60 games last year, but it appears to have been a thing of the past. That ship has sailed.
Yet the Rangers won the WS with that flawed team. I have said in the past that it is good for teams to get to the playoffs regardless of them being a “ well built/ perfect team”.
Why ? Because it’s a good experience and because we might catch lightning in a bottle”
My idea was not embraced but guess what - our Rangers are WS champs. And won with a very hot start and finish.

And I am happy for that and the be perfect did not work out for many teams. It took some magic which to me happens for every WS champ except the Astros who cheated lol

Yes let’s make better moves and yeah I too think we gave up too much but we spent a ton and the cupboard might have run dry

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ships often sail but sometimes they come back and resail again

It’s ok to smell the roses sometimes

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the Rangers won the WS with that flawed team. I have said in the past that it is good for teams to get to the playoffs regardless of them being a “ well built/ perfect team”.
Why ? Because it’s a good experience and because we might catch lightning in a bottle”
My idea was not embraced but guess what - our Rangers are WS champs. And won with a very hot start and finish.

And I am happy for that and the be perfect did not work out for many teams. It took some magic which to me happens for every WS champ except the Astros who cheated lol

Yes let’s make better moves and yeah I too think we gave up too much but we spent a ton and the cupboard might have run dry
Yes, I made sure I mentioned the postseason. The problem is, whatever put us into the postseason has left the building. My post is about where we are as a team now, and the fact that we have to find a way to get much better in the regular season if we are to ever make it back to the postseason.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ships often sail but sometimes they come back and resail again
And sometimes they hit icebergs and never return because they weren't actually invincible after all.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think this team can do much better next year. Of course there are a few tweaks. Jung for once in his life at the MLB level needs to stay healthy. Breaking a bone catching a line drive and then swinging at a pitch that was going to hit him. I personally find it odd that either of these happened to him but both is unreal. But he is important and needs to be healthy. If Carter is able to be at full speed then I do not want to mess with the OF too much as I think Langford is a decent defender and I do believe he will hit more like he did at the end of the year next year. I know many want to kick Garcia to the curb but I think he needs to stay. I really do not trust us to get someone much better at 9.5 mill. We possible need a 1B and we have a good bench with Smith and Duran. Our main concern will need to be the BP and maybe 1 starter.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And sometimes they hit icebergs and never return because they weren't actually invincible after all.
They were invincible last year yet flawed
I take this version.

I think your theory to build a perfect team that can lose was proven wrong by our Texas Rangers last year.

Time to reconstruct a new theory
The Magic prevails

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think this team can do much better next year. Of course there are a few tweaks. Jung for once in his life at the MLB level needs to stay healthy. Breaking a bone catching a line drive and then swinging at a pitch that was going to hit him. I personally find it odd that either of these happened to him but both is unreal. But he is important and needs to be healthy. If Carter is able to be at full speed then I do not want to mess with the OF too much as I think Langford is a decent defender and I do believe he will hit more like he did at the end of the year next year. I know many want to kick Garcia to the curb but I think he needs to stay. I really do not trust us to get someone much better at 9.5 mill. We possible need a 1B and we have a good bench with Smith and Duran. Our main concern will need to be the BP and maybe 1 starter.
I agree. If Carter and Jung are healthy, this offense can be a lot better. And Langford is just going to get better. I think Smith still has room to improve. Duran is not a bad backup at all and I am still not convinced he can't be a good hitter in this league if he is given playing time.

The only way to improve over Adolis is to use his money and add about $10-15 million to it. I wouldn't dislike them doing that.

I do think we need a significant improvement in offense from the catcher position.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take this version.

I think your theory to build a perfect team that can lose was proven wrong by our Texas Rangers last year.

Time to reconstruct a new theory
The Magic prevails
Tell me how my theory to build a "perfect team" goes so we can both know. I am interested in finding out.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take this version.
They were able to take on a lot of damage last year due to those first 60 games. Whatever happened in those first 60 games is gone. They need something else to have another good run in the regular season.

Now, maybe a healthy Carter and Jung, a more experienced Langford and Rocker is enough for a great start. They still need several bullpen pieces though, but that is very doable if the GM has changed his views on team building.

Last edited:

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me how my theory to build a "perfect team" goes so we can both know. I am interested in finding out.
Ha some other time. Think about it.
Did the rangers winning the WS not surprise the way ire as constructed ?

The trades however overpay it was and I agree helped us get over the edge.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha some other time. Think about it.
Did the rangers winning the WS not surprise the way ire as constructed ?

The trades however overpay it was and I agree helped us get over the edge.
Why are the trades coming up again?

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last two seasons the Rangers accomplished two things under CY. The put together a great 60 game stretch to begin the 2023 season. Then they got inexplicably hot during the postseason last year. Since that 60th game of the regular season in 2023, this team has done nothing to show that they can play well enough in the regular season to ever get back to the postseason again. I don't understand what mojo the team had in those first 60 games last year, but it appears to have been a thing of the past. That ship has sailed.
I think several players had career years and he mistakenly thought they would keep doing it. He refused to make any changes in the off season or at the trade deadline to the lineup. The way he has been talking, doesn’t sound like he’s going to make any off season either.