• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host Seattle For Three Games September 20-22

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah they gave up too much for Max and Chapman but sometimes it is a win for both

Most fans are grateful for the WS win and the trade would be dissed more it fe lost but we didn’t.

Soinds like a lot of sour grapes as much as this has been rehashed ad nauseam

Obviously as Cole is now he would be immensely valuable and there is a past disagreement whether Rangers would have gotten him to where he is now

Acuna was a really good prospect with more pop than his past stats indicate but whether he is on a Linsaniity run or if this is legit is up in the air

Monty trade to me paid huge dividends

In trades you have to give something to get something

It is good to have a farm that produces for the home team at the MLB level but it is also currency

Probably not many of you agree but I think I have a middle ground and not so critical of the FO especially since CY is a bit new and. Is obviously has financial restraints.

But to each their own opinions.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The misuse of Ragans, the need to trade for Chapman, and the need to trade for Scherzer are all problems than need to be fixed by the FO developing a better strategy when it comes to both team building and team development.

Had we simply addressed the bullpen need accurately in the 2022-23 offseaosn none of those things would gave happened. We would not have needed Ragans to be in the bullpen. Instead, we would have let him work in the rotation at Round Rock and could have seen first hand how the things he learned at Tread would help him to be a much better pitcher.

The terrible view that the bullpen didn't need a lot of help came back to bite us in so many different ways. It is still hurting us and will next year and in every other year Ragans could have fronted our rotation.

Last year was better in that we acquired Yates and Robertson. This coming offseason we have to do even better. We need to sign at least 4 guys to work in the late innings.

Mistakes can be much easier forgiven if the FO proves it has learned from them. No more wasted offseasons where it concerns the pen. No more extravagant spending on the rotation when the pen needs it much more.

fanman8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Acuna hit his third homer today. I knew that was a bad trade when it was announced. Same with the Ragans trade.
Terrible job by CY to let that kind of talent go twice. He must be the laughing stock amongst all the GM’s in baseball.
Scherzer was one of my favorite non Ranger pitchers before the trade but he has not been the same for several years so I hated the trade to get rid of Acuna. Ragans was my favorite pitcher in the Rangers organization and then the dumb trade for Chapman. Would have been ok with the J.Montgomery trade as long as we would have resigned him. Nothing there.
Yes so not thrilled with CY so far. Not surprised the team had a down year.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The misuse of Ragans, the need to trade for Chapman, and the need to trade for Scherzer are all problems than need to be fixed by the FO developing a better strategy when it comes to both team building and team development.

Had we simply addressed the bullpen need accurately in the 2022-23 offseaosn none of those things would gave happened. We would not have needed Ragans to be in the bullpen. Instead, we would have let him work in the rotation at Round Rock and could have seen first hand how the things he learned at Tread would help him to be a much better pitcher.

The terrible view that the bullpen didn't need a lot of help came back to bite us in so many different ways. It is still hurting us and will next year and in every other year Ragans could have fronted our rotation.

Last year was better in that we acquired Yates and Robertson. This coming offseason we have to do even better. We need to sign at least 4 guys to work in the late innings.

Mistakes can be much easier forgiven if the FO proves it has learned from them. No more wasted offseasons where it concerns the pen. No more extravagant spending on the rotation when the pen needs it much more.
i don't know how many would agree but i would let Chafin walk, keep Robertson and Yates and sign Carlos Estevez, Tanner Scott plus Yarbrough for the pen and Spencer Turnbull to help with the rotation.

Estevez and Scott would be expensive at around 16-17M AAV. Robertson is on a Mutual Option at 7M, Yates would be around 7-10M for 1 year and Yarbrough around 5M AAV.

Yarbrough
Gray
Coleman
Sborz
Robertson
Yates
Scott
Estevez

trade Heim, Lowe & Taveras plus a package for whatever

re-sign Kelly. Huff & Kelly

and look at FA 1B and OF

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crim is not in the lineup today for the Express for their final game of the season. I guess that means his time as a Ranger prospect is over.

He finishes the year at:

.277/.370/.469/.840

He finishes his Rangers' minor league career at:

.295/.373/.504/.877

Best of luck to him next year, wherever he plays. I can't wait until he proves all of the naysayers wrong over the next few years.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know how many would agree but i would let Chafin walk, keep Robertson and Yates and sign Carlos Estevez, Tanner Scott plus Yarbrough for the pen and Spencer Turnbull to help with the rotation.

Estevez and Scott would be expensive at around 16-17M AAV. Robertson is on a Mutual Option at 7M, Yates would be around 7-10M for 1 year and Yarbrough around 5M AAV.

Yarbrough
Gray
Coleman
Sborz
Robertson
Yates
Scott
Estevez

trade Heim, Lowe & Taveras plus a package for whatever

re-sign Kelly. Huff & Kelly

and look at FA 1B and OF
What are you going to do with Gray and Dunning?

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you going to do with Gray and Dunning?
i show Gray in the pen. Dunning i trade

2025 starting pitching: deGrom, Mahle Bradford, Rocker & Turnbull with Leiter opening in AAA. i think Leiter needs to start in AAA until ASG

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last two seasons the Rangers accomplished two things under CY. The put together a great 60 game stretch to begin the 2023 season. Then they got inexplicably hot during the postseason last year. Since that 60th game of the regular season in 2023, this team has done nothing to show that they can play well enough in the regular season to ever get back to the postseason again. I don't understand what mojo the team had in those first 60 games last year, but it appears to have been a thing of the past. That ship has sailed.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Rangers will be in on Santander in free agency.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Bochy just not a good enough regular season msnager to get the job done?

Or, has CY not put together a good enough regular-season-team to get the job done?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Kennedi Landry:

But Carter also believes that good news is coming his way. While he declined to go into more detail, Carter said they’ve found some underlying issues that needed correcting beyond “just swinging a bat and hurting my back.”

He has not restarted baseball activities just yet, but better things appear to be on the horizon.

“I'm excited,” Carter said. “It's been one of those things where you do everything that you're supposed to do. You do everything right, you bust your butt, and then there's no results. So it's like, why are there no results? Why are we not seeing what we want to see? On one side, it sucks that this is going to be me for the rest of my life. But on the other hand, I can take care of that hopefully, and kind of put it on the back burner for a while. So I'm excited about what we've got going forward. We’ll see how it goes.”
It's worth noting that Carter has had one other major back injury in his professional career. He played just 32 games with Single-A Down East during his pro debut in 2021 due to a stress fracture in his back, though he slashed .236/.438/.387 in that small sample that season.

But after his recent findings, he doesn’t think that it’ll be a problem going forward.

“My hope is that once we get everything going that needs to in the next week or two, that I should never have to think about this until I’m 50,” Carter said.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC's offense has gone dormant and it may keep them from making the playoffs.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
know there's only 6 games left and we're playing for nothing so why not bring up Crim, Huff and Harris?

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Crim is not in the lineup today for the Express for their final game of the season. I guess that means his time as a Ranger prospect is over.

He finishes the year at:

.277/.370/.469/.840

He finishes his Rangers' minor league career at:

.295/.373/.504/.877

Best of luck to him next year, wherever he plays. I can't wait until he proves all of the naysayers wrong over the next few years.
Crim is 5’10”. Average height of MLB first baseman is 6’2”. Maybe they are holding that against him.

There’s no other explanation.