• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Browns Week 5

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, guys. I knew you guys woudn't let the Browns embarass you. Meanwhile, in LA, the Niners D is looking legit. The Rams' window is closed already. LOL.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats, guys. I knew you guys woudn't let the Browns embarass you. Meanwhile, in LA, the Niners D is looking legit. The Rams' window is closed already. LOL.
:scratch: Has the Niners windows opened already?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looking open now. Who knows for how long, as this league is known as Not For Long, as the Rams are surely realizing right now.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And as a Rams fan, you better be hoping that the Niners really are a good team. If the Niners are not a contender, this game doesn't bode well for the Rams.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking open now. Who knows for how long, as this league is known as Not For Long, as the Rams are surely realizing right now.
Yep, you're right it can close around the Niners, as fast as it opened.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as a Rams fan, you better be hoping that the Niners really are a good team. If the Niners are not a contender, this game doesn't bode well for the Rams.
Why would it matter to the Rams if it "bode well with the Rams fans"? Apparently the Niners are a good team this season. I wish them well.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they lose, this would be the Rams 3rd straight loss...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it matter to the Rams if it "bode well with the Rams fans"? Apparently the Niners are a good team this season. I wish them well.

Rams will probably lose this game and drop to 3-3, but they would still have plenty of opportunity to make the playoffs. If I were a Rams coach or player, I'd rather feel like I simply lost to a good team rather than feeling like I suck and that any team could have their way with us.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Overall I think it's still a year away. The offense still plays a little too clunky for my tastes but we'll see if it hits it's stride towards the end.

Defense is championship caliber though. It was just good week 1 but since week 2 it's been flat out dominant.

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder, we get reed back next week.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder we are only a half game back from the Whiners

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only saw the last 5 mins of the game but it was enough for another solid road victory.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Seahawks in this one but I don't love them.

This is a very dangerous game for Seattle since it's an east coast 10am start against a team that's talented but under performing and after being embarrassed is going to look to have a strong outing.

The biggest concern would be the offensive line if Brown and Fluker can't go which it sounds like is going to be the case. Unless the Browns offense has another meltdown I think Seattle is going to have to be effective running the ball to win. The strength of the Browns defense is the pass rush and if you're put in a situation where you have to pass to win that plays right into their strength and that's made even worse when two starting offensive linemen are down.

But in the end I think Seattle's defense will do enough to limit the Browns offense and Seattle will eke out a close victory in probably a game where both teams score in the 20s.
An accurate vision.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was some god fucking awful officiating today. Still a solid performance outside the first quarter without two starting o lineman. Looking forward to getting Reed back.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reed is the 2nd best DT in the NFC West ( Maybe in the NFC ) so getting him back will help a ton. Remove Donald from the Rams and that teams Defense is totally different. Well for the Hawks it looks like the same result. Think of how well the D played last year and how poorly they have played this year. Whats the real difference as far as players go? Reed.

I am Extremely excited to have Reed back. Lets hope he is full go from game one and starts up where he left off last season. Wishful thinking yes but hey i am allowed to dream big. lol

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking the same thing JMR... I thought our front 7 would be pretty damn good this year. Clowney, Ansah, Woods/Jefferson, Wagner/Wright/Kendricks... I get Reed is a huge blow (and 100% BULLSHIT on his suspension) but I thought we'd be a little better than this. Mayfield was getting WAY too long to throw. I'm a little tired of Norton's lack of a blitz though. Our front 4 is not THAT good. Also, it annoys me Collier seems like a bust already (I get he's been injured, but... that's bust label worthy) and Green seems like another bust.
What's the beef with Schneider? We have scored 27+ every game since week 1, and it's not from a bunch of return TDs or pick-6s. RW is off to his best start. We are taking a 7th round RB and making him produce like a top 10 overall pick. No Baldwin, no worries in the passing game. DK Metcalf has been outstanding right out of the gate as a rookie. I share some frustration out of how little we seem to be getting from all the name talent on D, but there isn't much to be mad about on the other side of the ball.

Collier isn't off to the best start (mainly due to missing pre-season with the ankle injury), but we are at least a full calendar year away from being at the point where we should wonder if he's a bust. Not even halfway into his rookie year is not the time. Both him and Green and young players (wasn't Green only 20 years old as a rookie??) who are also now working in there as rotational guys behind 2 Pro Bowl DEs. Having high standards is fine, but reality should be factored in as well.

Edit: not this post that I replied to, but I thought somewhere you suggested Schneider should be fired....if that wasn't you, my apologies!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the beef with Schneider? We have scored 27+ every game since week 1, and it's not from a bunch of return TDs or pick-6s. RW is off to his best start. We are taking a 7th round RB and making him produce like a top 10 overall pick. No Baldwin, no worries in the passing game. DK Metcalf has been outstanding right out of the gate as a rookie. I share some frustration out of how little we seem to be getting from all the name talent on D, but there isn't much to be mad about on the other side of the ball.

Collier isn't off to the best start (mainly due to missing pre-season with the ankle injury), but we are at least a full calendar year away from being at the point where we should wonder if he's a bust. Not even halfway into his rookie year is not the time. Both him and Green and young players (wasn't Green only 20 years old as a rookie??) who are also now working in there as rotational guys behind 2 Pro Bowl DEs. Having high standards is fine, but reality should be factored in as well.

Edit: not this post that I replied to, but I thought somewhere you suggested Schneider should be fired....if that wasn't you, my apologies!!

Am talking about Brian Schneider... not John. Our special teams has been absolutely pathetic this year and it seems we overpaid the fuck out of Myers...

Seahawks Coaching Staff | Seattle Seahawks – Seahawks.com

It is weird to see our offense this good, though...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy smokes, I'm brain dead.....in my mind I thought for some reason you were talking about both coordinators. Have no idea what I was thinking....just a senior moment.

Yeah, what the hell is up with our ST??? Awful.

No worries, but Ken Norton and Schneider need to take a hike... don't get me wrong Seattle's D stepped up in the second half, but part of me thinks that was Carroll taking over. I'm not very happy about playing the worst QB in the league when under pressure (Goff) and numerous backups/injured QBs (Bridge, Rudolph, Mayfield) and giving them 6+ seconds to throw a fucking football that my un-athletic ass could complete.