• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Browns Week 5

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collier isn't off to the best start (mainly due to missing pre-season with the ankle injury), but we are at least a full calendar year away from being at the point where we should wonder if he's a bust. Not even halfway into his rookie year is not the time. Both him and Green and young players (wasn't Green only 20 years old as a rookie??) who are also now working in there as rotational guys behind 2 Pro Bowl DEs. Having high standards is fine, but reality should be factored in as well.

It's definitely a bit disappointing with the way our DL has performed over the past few years and all the resources we've put into that DL via draft picks and FA signings...

0 sacks in the last two weeks against the Rams/Browns are disappointing... Especially when there were 86 pass attempts by Goff/Baker with below average OL and we get 0 sacks... We only had 1 QB hit yesterday on Baker and it was a 15yd penalty... 10 total sacks for the year is good for 27th in the NFL and we have played 1 more game than 6 of the teams in front of us... It's nice to have sacks but I feel it's equally as important to make sure your getting a lot of QB hurries and QB hits and that's an area where we're one of the worst in the NFL... We've got to make that clock in the QB's head make it seem like he needs to get rid of the ball faster than he wants to - we're just not doing that right now...

I feel our (2) starting CB's have done a very good job and our (2) safeties have done an average job considering how poorly our front seven has been playing in terms of putting pressure on the QB... I see us getting a few more picks, PD's if our front seven could put just a bit more pressure up front... I also don't believe it's a roster issue - I feel it's coaching at this point... We have the players and our coaching staff isn't giving them the right opportunity to get the job done... It was hard watching the 49er's just dominate left and right against the Rams yesterday on defense... Their defense was absolutely smothering and a lot of it had to do with the coaching staff/execution... Not sure if our scheme is getting ancient or archaic but it sure looks like that could be the case with all the talent we have on the roster up front...

With all that said, it's nice to see RW playing like an MVP QB and willing this team to win games right now... Looks like it's his turn, along w/ the offense, to carry this team... The defense has done it for the most part a few years ago...

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the falcons fire dan quinn, we do bring him back to coach the DL? Dude is a beast of a line coach.

He is a dead man walkin at this point...

Also, i saw a stat that said our offense had scored 21+ points in 14 straight games, longest streak in the league? Schottenheimer has made some bad play calls ill admit, however we are typically doing WAAAAAY better in the redzone that we did under bevell. Just want to point that out.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the falcons fire dan quinn, we do bring him back to coach the DL? Dude is a beast of a line coach.

Also, i saw a stat that said our offense had scored 21+ points in 14 straight games, longest streak in the league? Schottenheimer has made some bad play calls ill admit, however we are typically doing WAAAAAY better in the redzone that we did under bevell. Just want to point that out.

Quinn will be gone but I think Arthur Blank who seems like a good guy probably keeps him for all 16 games so maybe during the offseason if the D-line doesn't improve they can go get him.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I share frustration in the D playing soft and the lack of pressure, as well as the Special Teams not being very good, but come on...

A 5-1 team should NEVER fire their DC and ST coach midseason. If you support an organization taking that approach you might as well become a Phins fan tomorrow. That kind of nonsense doesn't happen with a well run organization.

End of the year, sure, but not week 7 when you're 5-1

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said we should fire anyone? I think we should bring quinn back into the fold with the DL when he is fired, doesnt mean he has to replace anybody.

If norton gets hired as a HC somewhere(not saying he will at this rate), I would take quinn as DC in a heartbeat.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, but Ken Norton and Schneider need to take a hike... don't get me wrong Seattle's D stepped up in the second half, but part of me thinks that was Carroll taking over. I'm not very happy about playing the worst QB in the league when under pressure (Goff) and numerous backups/injured QBs (Bridge, Rudolph, Mayfield) and giving them 6+ seconds to throw a fucking football that my un-athletic ass could complete.

Carroll never takes over the Defensive calls. He has stated that a number of times. Not that big a deal as they really didn't get better they just got the turn overs that helped them a ton, and they got a lot of them.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FYI the hawks were #1 in first drive scores and redzone scoring a few times under Bevell. That has more to do with who our QB is not the OC lol. Also lets not forget that most years under Bevell the hawks were a top 10 Offensive team. Don't hate to hate. Schotty is fine but he is a little run heavy when Russell should be around 35 pass attempts and the running game should be around 30/35. Right now it's like 45 rush 25-30 pass.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI the hawks were #1 in first drive scores and redzone scoring a few times under Bevell. That has more to do with who our QB is not the OC lol. Also lets not forget that most years under Bevell the hawks were a top 10 Offensive team. Don't hate to hate. Schotty is fine but he is a little run heavy when Russell should be around 35 pass attempts and the running game should be around 30/35. Right now it's like 45 rush 25-30 pass.

you pulled those factoids out of your ass, didnt you? the highest redzone scoring we had under bevell was 12th. i think we had something like 2 whole years without an opening drive TD.

from what i can find on pro football reference we had 6 opening drive TDs under bevell. I would like to see your sources on those claims.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you pulled those factoids out of your ass, didnt you? the highest redzone scoring we had under bevell was 12th. i think we had something like 2 whole years without an opening drive TD.

from what i can find on pro football reference we had 6 opening drive TDs under bevell. I would like to see your sources on those claims.

NOPE, i do believe it was 2012 or 2013-2015 where they were #1 in opening drive TD in the NFL and Top 10 RZ scoring a few times. I remember reading it but that was like 3-6 years ago ... maybe longer?. But yeah believe what you want. The Hawks then went into a massive funk on Opening drive TD from like between 2016-2018. So from one of the best to one of the worst.

then again i could have years from 2002-2009 bleeding into my memory haha. I do remember reading they were one of the best in RZ scoring and first quarter/first drive scoring. Maybe i am getting old and it's all just starting to run together.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOPE, i do believe it was 2012 or 2013-2015 where they were #1 in opening drive TD in the NFL and Top 10 RZ scoring a few times. I remember reading it but that was like 3-6 years ago ... maybe longer?. But yeah believe what you want. The Hawks then went into a massive funk on Opening drive TD from like between 2016-2018. So from one of the best to one of the worst.

The best red zone efficiency the Seahawks had under Darrell Bevell was 12th. The Seahawks were 7th last year and 3rd this year.

NFL Football Stats - NFL Team Red Zone Scoring Percentage (TD only) on TeamRankings.com

then again i could have years from 2002-2009 bleeding into my memory haha. I do remember reading they were one of the best in RZ scoring and first quarter/first drive scoring. Maybe i am getting old and it's all just starting to run together.

The Seahawks were VERY good in the Red Zone for a lot of the Holmgren era.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to bad it's behind a pay wall

You really should spend the money on TheAthletic. For any football nerd it is fantastic. They really break down plays better than just about any other site.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really should spend the money on TheAthletic. For any football nerd it is fantastic. They really break down plays better than just about any other site.

of course that is your opinion but it's like ESPN's insider. It's just not worth it because it really is a pay wall to get info you can find elsewhere for free.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course that is your opinion but it's like ESPN's insider. It's just not worth it because it really is a pay wall to get info you can find elsewhere for free.

How do you know that?

I disagree with your assessment. I guess it’s easier just to complain about paywalls.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't mean to be a dick if thats what you are thinking, it's a pay wall for content is it not? I read a nice article about the drive a couple days ago. Not much to really talk about other than Wilson is and has always been the type of person who is ready for these type things. It's not a big deal and it's not the first or second or fifth time this has happened. Wilson says it happens all the time on the road, they just see no reason to talk about it because it's not a big deal. He has called plays in drives dozens of times and the coaches trust him to do so if things like the speaker go out. He also stated that most 2 minute drives he is calling the plays also.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't mean to be a dick if thats what you are thinking, it's a pay wall for content is it not? I read a nice article about the drive a couple days ago. Not much to really talk about other than Wilson is and has always been the type of person who is ready for these type things. It's not a big deal and it's not the first or second or fifth time this has happened. Wilson says it happens all the time on the road, they just see no reason to talk about it because it's not a big deal. He has called plays in drives dozens of times and the coaches trust him to do so if things like the speaker go out. He also stated that most 2 minute drives he is calling the plays also.

It's fine if you don't want to read it. For those willing to spend $50 a year, it is a good read that talks about each play and what Wilson actually did with some great video replays.