• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Browns Week 5

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only the third time in history that the Seahawks have started 5 and 1

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Pete Carroll called Dissly's Achilles injury a "serious one" following Sunday's game.

:gaah:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just don't have any pass rush. We aren't getting home with 4 rushers. Hopefully Reed will help a lot but he isn't likely to change the entire pass rush around.

Pete really needs to rethink his approach. When you have one of the worst pressure rates in the NFL and one of the most infrequent blitzers, you are going to give up yards.
I don't think we'll start averaging 5 sacks a game or anything when Reed is back, but he was a double digit sack guy last year from an interior position. He'll at least get some attention in that regard in protection that other teams don't have to worry about right now. I wouldn't mind if we rushed 5 more often, but you know how confident PC is in his way of doing things. 5-1 without Reed....if anything, he may be more reluctant to change when his best D-lineman comes back.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'll start averaging 5 sacks a game or anything when Reed is back, but he was a double digit sack guy last year from an interior position. He'll at least get some attention in that regard in protection that other teams don't have to worry about right now. I wouldn't mind if we rushed 5 more often, but you know how confident PC is in his way of doing things. 5-1 without Reed....if anything, he may be more reluctant to change when his best D-lineman comes back.

Yep, it will take a little for Clowney and Ziggy to learn how to play with Reed. But more push up the middle will be greatly appreciated

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the D is a bit puzzling to me. Why are they not better? The secondary is the obvious weakness (though I think Griffin is playing at a high level week in and week out), but I really thought the front 7 was going to be stout. Ansah and KJ are the only 30-something players, so it's not old. Is the absence of Jarran Reed that impactful?

Was thinking the same thing JMR... I thought our front 7 would be pretty damn good this year. Clowney, Ansah, Woods/Jefferson, Wagner/Wright/Kendricks... I get Reed is a huge blow (and 100% BULLSHIT on his suspension) but I thought we'd be a little better than this. Mayfield was getting WAY too long to throw. I'm a little tired of Norton's lack of a blitz though. Our front 4 is not THAT good. Also, it annoys me Collier seems like a bust already (I get he's been injured, but... that's bust label worthy) and Green seems like another bust.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was thinking the same thing JMR... I thought our front 7 would be pretty damn good this year. Clowney, Ansah, Woods/Jefferson, Wagner/Wright/Kendricks... I get Reed is a huge blow (and 100% BULLSHIT on his suspension) but I thought we'd be a little better than this. Mayfield was getting WAY too long to throw. I'm a little tired of Norton's lack of a blitz though. Our front 4 is not THAT good. Also, it annoys me Collier seems like a bust already (I get he's been injured, but... that's bust label worthy) and Green seems like another bust.
Easy my friend, the Hawks are 5-1. Take one game at a time.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy my friend, the Hawks are 5-1. Take one game at a time.

Hey, I'm thrilled Seattle is 5-1.. our offense has been incredible this year and Wilson is having a historic year. I just thought our D would be a lot better... but I'll take all the Ws I can get.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm thrilled Seattle is 5-1.. our offense has been incredible this year and Wilson is having a historic year. I just thought our D would be a lot better... but I'll take all the Ws I can get.

I'm with you. Expected the D to be a lot better actually. And our O-Line too.

There was absolutely no reason for the Browns to take a 20-6 lead so early on. If they had played a legitimate playoff team, the Hawks would have had their asses handed to them.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you. Expected the D to be a lot better actually. And our O-Line too.

There was absolutely no reason for the Browns to take a 20-6 lead so early on. If they had played a legitimate playoff team, the Hawks would have had their asses handed to them.

you underestimate the talent the Browns have

you underestimate just how hard it is to win on the road

the other team is trying really hard too

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's the Browns, bro.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That talent the Browns have gave up 3 interceptions and we still only won by a score.

Shouldn't happen.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you would of figured it out, I didn’t think it was that hard
Apparently it was that hard. Your comment #248 said, "We were 5 and 1 in 2013 eventually going 11 and 1 that season". EVENTUALLY AND THAT SEASON, are the big words here!!!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That talent the Browns have gave up 3 interceptions and we still only won by a score.

Shouldn't happen.

And a fumble. Granted we gave up a fumble too... but 4 turnovers from the Browns and we had to 'eek' out a victory. Brian Schneider and Norton need to 100% be fired.