• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks @ Browns Week 5

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm super nervous about this game. The Browns are on the ropes right now and desperate. The Seahawks have been winning largely on Russ being a magician but we can't rely on him to do that ALL THE TIME.

We really need the rest of the team to step up tomorrow.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I like the Seahawks in this one but I don't love them.

This is a very dangerous game for Seattle since it's an east coast 10am start against a team that's talented but under performing and after being embarrassed is going to look to have a strong outing.

The biggest concern would be the offensive line if Brown and Fluker can't go which it sounds like is going to be the case. Unless the Browns offense has another meltdown I think Seattle is going to have to be effective running the ball to win. The strength of the Browns defense is the pass rush and if you're put in a situation where you have to pass to win that plays right into their strength and that's made even worse when two starting offensive linemen are down.

But in the end I think Seattle's defense will do enough to limit the Browns offense and Seattle will eke out a close victory in probably a game where both teams score in the 20s.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Seahawks in this one but I don't love them.

This is a very dangerous game for Seattle since it's an east coast 10am start against a team that's talented but under performing and after being embarrassed is going to look to have a strong outing.

The biggest concern would be the offensive line if Brown and Fluker can't go which it sounds like is going to be the case. Unless the Browns offense has another meltdown I think Seattle is going to have to be effective running the ball to win. The strength of the Browns defense is the pass rush and if you're put in a situation where you have to pass to win that plays right into their strength and that's made even worse when two starting offensive linemen are down.

But in the end I think Seattle's defense will do enough to limit the Browns offense and Seattle will eke out a close victory in probably a game where both teams score in the 20s.
Thought I heard Browns missing starters in the secondary. Might make them vulnerable to passes downfield.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been out since week 2
D. Ward and G. Williams been out that long? Guess I didn’t have a lot of motivation to keep up prior to the Browns injuries. Sounds helpful for the Seahawks passing attack if Wilson can get passes off.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Ward and G. Williams been out that long? Guess I didn’t have a lot of motivation to keep up prior to the Browns injuries. Sounds helpful for the Seahawks passing attack if Wilson can get passes off.

The backups have done decent in pass pro but Denzel is very good against the run. Obviously they missed him last week. Hard to grade what missing Greedy means just yet but definitely need them back

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks will be with out Brown and Fluker, The Browns are pissed off after the thumping the 49ers gave them. Had the Hawks played the Browns in Seattle last week this is a blow out win but after the 49ers beat on them this looks bad for the Hawks. Trap game with Our starting LT and RG out and Carson playing with a bum shoulder.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Thought I heard Browns missing starters in the secondary. Might make them vulnerable to passes downfield.

Last I heard they were game time decisions but the bigger issue with the Seahawks will be dealing with the Brown's pass rush especially if D. Brown is out. The 9ers were able to deal with it because they were so good running the ball all they had Jimmy G do is throw quick passes to get enough yards for 1st downs.

That's why I think it's key for the Hawks is to have an effective running game and keep the game close. Wilson should be good for a few big plays but with the Brown's pass rush and the state Seattle's offensive line will be in I don't think they can win if they have to pass their way to victory.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I heard they were game time decisions but the bigger issue with the Seahawks will be dealing with the Brown's pass rush especially if D. Brown is out. The 9ers were able to deal with it because they were so good running the ball all they had Jimmy G do is throw quick passes to get enough yards for 1st downs.

That's why I think it's key for the Hawks is to have an effective running game and keep the game close. Wilson should be good for a few big plays but with the Brown's pass rush and the state Seattle's offensive line will be in I don't think they can win if they have to pass their way to victory.

Thankfully the Hawks QB is not Jimmy G, Wilson is light years better and WAY more mobile. Still the Oline might only be at 60% and Carson has said he is not 100%. Hawks might have to go to the quick passing game and Wilson all ready has had one of the quickest passing games of the season in the NFL ( From snap to release ) so he is more than capable.

This game will be decided by the defenses. Hawks Defense is not very good compared to past seasons. But they are due a good game sooner or later.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those injuries on the OL could effect the running game as well as the pass protection, but yeah be great if the running game is clicking.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Brown, Fluker, and Pocic out. So how's this going to work?

Ifedi over to LT, Fant at RT? Or vice versa? I'm guess Jones fills in at guard like he did last week.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. Brown, Fluker, and Pocic out. So how's this going to work?

Ifedi over to LT, Fant at RT? Or vice versa? I'm guess Jones fills in at guard like he did last week.

Jones has more time at LT than any other position and is the LT back-up so Jones at LT, Roos at RG. Roos is the Guard Back-up and was on the PS because they had Jones to slide over there and had their Fingers crossed on Procic. With Procic and Fluker out they brought up Roos so i would not be at all shocked to see him in at RG.

Brown is Doubtful but i would not be shocked at all if he plays to be honest. Guy is old school tough.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jones plays Guard then i think Fant is our LT and Roos is insurance.

Anyone else feel some Prosise Magic coming for this game? He is due for one of his "special" games.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do have some issues up front but the Browns really have had 3 days of practice to get ready for the Hawks vs 7 or 8 days to heal up and get ready for the Browns. I think it'll be close but on a short week and them having injuries hopefully the Browns D wears down in the 4th Q and Seattle can put the game away.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely expect a better effort from the Browns after looking like garbage on Monday. It's human nature and just how these world class athletes are wired -- in their DNA that they come back strong after getting embarrassed.

My predicted score is 24-20, Hawks. We have some banged up OL, but Cleveland's OL has been a liability. Our DL could have a pretty good day. Russ may be running for his life, but that's not all that unusual for him.

Mayfield is regressing. Last year he had pretty much a 2:1 TD to INT ratio, and it's turned 180 this season. His rating is 25 points lower. In Russell's last 19 games, he's thrown 42 TDs to only 4 INTs, and the Hawks are 14-5 in that span. I'm leaning on that. Go Hawks!!

Kernz

Sativa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Jones plays Guard then i think Fant is our LT and Roos is insurance.

Anyone else feel some Prosise Magic coming for this game? He is due for one of his "special" games.

Yes, give it to Procise. He needs to take some carries, away from Carson so he can heal.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny is questionable also so Carson is dinged up Penny is dinged up. Prosise will need to be at his best.