• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Diego

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Chargers are up next.

This appears to be a trap game to me in some ways. I usually always respect teams and almost never predict double-digit wins but I could see the Seahawks blowing them up a little. The crazy part is that my own lack of concern is really bothering me.

The Seahawks first team dominated the SD first team in preseason. We seem to match up very well against them. Now we are coming off of 10 days rest. I am concerned that the team could come out lethargic.

The Chargers have a good QB but their WRs and TEs had multiple drops against the Cards. Their D looked sold enough in many respects (run D was solid, shut down Fitz) but they made Palmer look shifty by letting him out of the grasp of the rush several times to make plays.

Again, I almost never predict double-digit wins but I could easily see a 24-14 win for the Seahawks, even though it is a road game.

How does everyone else feel about this? Am I crazy or is this reasonable?

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for me it seems like every time I think Seattle should win in blowout fashion they end up cutting it really close and whenever I think the game is going to be close they just kick ass. My initial reaction was that they should win this game easily , but like you said right now my lack of concern is....well... concerning. I guess we'll see but I feel like if SD put up 17 against Arizona with all their injuries in the desert Seattle should be able to match that mark on the road.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a walk down memory lane:

[YOUTUBE]UoYPN6kPL-E[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chargers can't be taken lightly for sure... They have a pretty good squad...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team can be taken lightly, Seattle learned that last year with the Buccaneers. San Diego is a good team, but they didn't look good last week. If they come out against Seattle like they did Arizona, it could get ugly fast. But, they were the only other team to really stifle the Broncos offense last year, so they can play solid football.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect a Seattle victory but I definitely wouldn't take the Chargers lightly. Yes the offense for them struggled a bit but they were one of the most efficient offenses in the league last year. They haven't really changed much from last year so I would guess they right the ship at some point offensively. They are not big scorers but they are a great team at eating the clock with an efficient run game and a top-5 quarterback to pick up the 3rd downs when needed. I would not read too much into their receivers dropping a bunch of passes this past week as they actually are pretty darn good receivers.

Defensively they have improved quite a bit with getting a couple of guys back from injury and adding a few new pieces to the secondary. Arizona was lucky that the Chargers could not finish tackles otherwise that game was over. I know Wilson is good at escaping pressure but I would expect the Chargers to bring quite a bit of pressure on Wilson and try to rattle him.

Again I think Seattle wins this one but with it being on the road I could see the Chargers keeping it half way close for at a majority of the game. You have to remember they were a playoff team last year and I think this team is better than last year.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle wont take them lightly.... but I found myself watching "Our Americas game" for the 4th or 5th time the other day, we had our struggles last year. Houston, Indy, @STL, TB

Then I found myself thinking,,,this is the damn nfl, you dont get to beat everyone by 20......

That being said, I think we win big, something like 30-10. The offense is the difference this year. They are so absolutely mind boggling efficient right now. and the D and ST are still top notch.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team can be taken lightly, Seattle learned that last year with the Buccaneers. San Diego is a good team, but they didn't look good last week. If they come out against Seattle like they did Arizona, it could get ugly fast. But, they were the only other team to really stifle the Broncos offense last year, so they can play solid football.

Agreed it is the NFL... Any team can beat you if you don't bring it... But let's give our team a little credit, I doubt it get's ugly fast even if the Chargers come out like they did vs Arizona... Were not exactly a push over of a team... And Arizona did win that football game... I think it's gonna be a close game regardless of how they come out... It's not like the Chargers defense is gonna have and easy time vs our O .... Chargers are at home and they are a decent team so I expect them to battle...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle wont take them lightly.... but I found myself watching "Our Americas game" for the 4th or 5th time the other day, we had our struggles last year. Houston, Indy, @STL, TB

Then I found myself thinking,,,this is the damn nfl, you dont get to beat everyone by 20......

That being said, I think we win big, something like 30-10. The offense is the difference this year. They are so absolutely mind boggling efficient right now. and the D and ST are still top notch.

Rams game last year on the road ticked me off!!! That was a game where we just looked lazy and didn't bring any intensity defensively.... We didn't respect the Rams and thought we could just show up and beat um... WE were very fortunate to get that win ... The Tampa game we had some tough luck early and bounced back nicely so I wasn't upset with the effort ... The Houston game OMG our O-line was getting eating alive by Houston's D line.... We couldn't block to save our lives that day and I still can't understand how we pulled that off... DEFINITELY the Houston game was our biggest magic trick of the season... Wilson was running for his life all day long....

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams game last year on the road ticked me off!!! That was a game where we just looked lazy and didn't bring any intensity defensively.... We didn't respect the Rams and thought we could just show up and beat um... WE were very fortunate to get that win ... The Tampa game we had some tough luck early and bounced back nicely so I wasn't upset with the effort ... The Houston game OMG our O-line was getting eating alive by Houston's D line.... We couldn't block to save our lives that day and I still can't understand how we pulled that off... DEFINITELY the Houston game was our biggest magic trick of the season... Wilson was running for his life all day long....

They held them to 9 points.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, but it was Kellen Clemens :lol: and they also ruined their potential punt return yard record (allowed like 3x as many PR yards in this game than the rest of the season).

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but it was Kellen Clemens :lol: and they also ruined their potential punt return yard record (allowed like 3x as many PR yards in this game than the rest of the season).

If I remember the run game was gashing us. Some no name (who may have turned into Zac Stacy too lazy to look up now) got almost 2 bills.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends if we can offset our weakness at nickel back. I suspect Malcolm Smith will be getting a lot of plays this weekend.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this was the Week 17 Rams game where they blew their shot at the punt return record.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember the run game was gashing us. Some no name (who may have turned into Zac Stacy too lazy to look up now) got almost 2 bills.

Not that game, that was earlier in the season (when Wagner had his groin issue), this game he ran for 51 yards.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, they held Clemens and his offense to 9 points. I dont have a problem with that, I'll take that any day. The run defense got gashed, but those yards are worthless if they can't punch it in.

And they gave up 7 punt return yards that game.

Edit: we may be talking about different games. When I responded to boogie I thought we were talking about the first meeting.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillip Rivers is one of the greatest unknowns in the NFL in my opinion. There are times he can look like a top 5 QB and other times when he just crumbles like last week when he threw a ball in the dirt with the game on the line. Hopefully we can get pressure on him and make him make some bad decisions. Gotta watch for Woodhead on 3rd downs

I think we should be able to run the ball so hopefully just control the clock and we should be fine. Im not taking it lightly but I see around a 10 point win if we dont give them cheap turnovers

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

23 first downs... 200 yards rushing... It was a bad day for our defense... Rams just didn't capitalize on opportunities... We were fortunate to get that win...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they held Clemens and his offense to 9 points. I dont have a problem with that, I'll take that any day. The run defense got gashed, but those yards are worthless if they can't punch it in.

And they gave up 7 punt return yards that game.

Edit: we may be talking about different games. When I responded to boogie I thought we were talking about the first meeting.

It was the first meeting... The game came down to the last play where the Rams had a chance to score near the goal-line... We stopped um...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a walk down memory lane:

[YOUTUBE]UoYPN6kPL-E[/YOUTUBE]

I was at that game. Unfortunately, I was in the bathroom when that first return happened, so I missed it. I definitely saw the second one, though.

Last edited by a moderator: