• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs Seattle Series: Welcome espn transfers.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that could have also had something to do with Holland walking runners in, or Feliz quitting, or Lowe being terrible. I am not going to rattle the hive anymore lol it's obvious I am the minority.

I don't have the time to get into it right now anyways. Agree to disagree.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am severely disappointed in Jon Daniels and this franchise for signing Manny Ramirez. The guy is a habitual doper, self centered ego maniac and a cancer to any clubhouse. I thought this franchise held itself to a higher standard than this.. I only hope we never see him in a Ranger uniform, I don't give a damn if it means we miss the playoffs if his bat is not in the lineup....

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am severely disappointed in Jon Daniels and this franchise for signing Manny Ramirez. The guy is a habitual doper, self centered ego maniac and a cancer to any clubhouse. I thought this franchise held itself to a higher standard than this.. I only hope we never see him in a Ranger uniform, I don't give a damn if it means we miss the playoffs if his bat is not in the lineup....

I can get on board with this,

But also from a business standpoint, just a few years ago he had a good bat and he costs almost nothing to bring in as opposed to a trade

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not a winner. He's bad news in every aspect of the game. I do not want him associated with the Rangers period...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low risk flyer. JD said they like giving second chances. This is true or Ron wouldn't be managing the club anymore. Hamilton would have never played for Texas.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is not a winner. He's bad news in every aspect of the game. I do not want him associated with the Rangers period...
He's more than likely never going to do anything but play at AAA. I think the cancer stuff is overblown. He nearly took the Dodgers to the WS in 2008. And The dude won two WS in Boston, one of which he won the MVP, so how is that not a winner?

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Low risk flyer. JD said they like giving second chances. This is true or Ron wouldn't be managing the club anymore. Hamilton would have never played for Texas.

How about 5th chances? I understand the point about Hamilton but he was not a cancer to the clubhouse, Ramirez has been bad news at every stop he's made since he left the Indians...even his last years with the Indians for that matter.

OK, he's a low cost flyer, just don't like the message this sends. This guy has had numerous chances...

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that there is not much at stake financially for the Rangers with the Ramirez deal. I just hope there are better deals to be made on the horizon.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that Grimm works on his stuff down at RR. We thought a 9 something ERA for June was bad he may end up with a worse ERA in July at this rate.

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right, Manny was suspended 50 games for positive test for PED's, but he Retired before serving. Would he not have to Serve before reinstatment? I could be Wrong??:noidea:
I could see Manny being a Bad influence on the younger Latin players.

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I remember right, Manny was suspended 50 games for positive test for PED's, but he Retired before serving. Would he not have to Serve before reinstatment? I could be Wrong??:noidea:
This is just a 2-3 week look at AAA for no cost. I'm not sure about the suspension but I'm sure the FO took that into account.

This is something that fell in their laps. It's not the deal we are waiting on.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was actually suspended a second time for 100 games and then chose to retire instead of serve the ban. Then again he missed loads of playing time, so I don't know if that counts or not.

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was actually suspended a second time for 100 games and then chose to retire instead of serve the ban. Then again he missed loads of playing time, so I don't know if that counts or not.

So if he retired he wasn't on anybody's roster, then he couldn't serve a suspension until he is on a Roster? Chicken or Egg? I could be Wrong. :noidea:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he retired he wasn't on anybody's roster, then he couldn't serve a suspension until he is on a Roster? Chicken or Egg? I could be Wrong. :noidea:
I don't know how it works to be honest. That's why I don't think this will go anywhere. I sure would have taken Ramirez back in '03 though. Too bad that deal for A-Rod fell through.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

If he's got a good lawyer and agent ... MLB will figure out a way to make it appear that he served his time. He was out afterall. Missing games whether you are on a roster or not = missing games = serving your suspension.

kdm1218

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope that Grimm works on his stuff down at RR. We thought a 9 something ERA for June was bad he may end up with a worse ERA in July at this rate.
Did Grimm get sent down?

whittler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how it works to be honest. That's why I don't think this will go anywhere. I sure would have taken Ramirez back in '03 though. Too bad that deal for A-Rod fell through.

Yep , A-rod for Manny, Juicer for Juicer.. I was thinking MLB nix that deal? I could be wrong

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bad to not feel super excited going into games started against Felix Hernadez? No doubt that Derek can be just as good as Felix tonight, but I don't expect them to light up the King.