• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a pitching staff with Lee, Greinke, Darvish, Kershaw, and Hernadez on it is better than one with any other 5th starter with a low ceiling. That's not really the point. It's about spending the money in the right spots next year. A MoRP is not as important as a CoF, C, or DH for this team.

that's getting way off in LF, I didn't mention Lee, Greinke, Kershaw or Hernandez. a rotation of Darvish, Harrison, Holland, Garza and Perez is going to be a lot better than a rotation of Darvish, Harrison, Holland, Perez and Tepesch. the object is to put the best team you can on the field which we didn't do this year with the likes of Tepesch, Grimm, Berkman and Murphy and others.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until given the chance you don't know that. Now he may not develop but Berkman is done.

i'm not the one saying this. it is the team by putting Berkman on the field that is saying it. you don't gamble that a rookie with minimal experience against ML pitching is going to perform especially when you're battling for a playoff spot.

with the way the team is performing right now I would rather see them bench berkman and Murphy for the rest of the season, write off the season and go with the rookies but they won't

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what Adduci has going for him...He has two working knees, he is 28, and he is NOT Lance Berkman.
Exactly. What is it that is so difficult to understand? Berkman may be the worse choice .

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adduci MIGHT suck, nobody knows yet, but everyone but Washington knows Berkman and Murphy are confirmed sucktitude and shouldn't get to pick up another bat

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adduci MIGHT suck, nobody knows yet, but everyone but Washington knows Berkman and Murphy are confirmed sucktitude and shouldn't get to pick up another bat
Thank you. What if Wash had not given Cotts a chance?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
so you can live with Tepesch as our 5th starter. in my book that's virtually guaranteeing us a loss every 5th day

"virtually guaranteeing ... a loss every 5th day"

Nick Tepesch 2013 Pitching Splits - Baseball-Reference.com

Like a good number of TEX SPs ... Tepesch got pretty crappy run support. He was 3-0 when TEX scored 6+ runs ... he was 0-1 when TEX scored 3-5 runs ... he was 1-5 when TEX scored 0-2 runs.

Scotty ... I guess since you are 'virtually guaranteeing ... a loss every 5th day" ... you must be in the camp that Tepesch must lack the killer instinct for not winning games when the offense generates 2 or fewer runs as they did in 6 of his starts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wouldn't bet the farm on that.

Let's see ... Darvish, Harrison, Holland, Perez ... #5?

Now do you want to pay your #5 ... $16mil?

If your offense is only going to produce more than 2 runs 40% of the time ... why pay $16mil to win just one of those games?

(In Tepsech's 10 starts TEX scored 2 or fewer runs 6 times ... and he won one of those games. Tepesch won 3 of 4 games when they scored 3 or more runs. So unless you figure Garza can win more than 1 game when the offense scores 2 or fewer runs ... there is probably a better use of $16mil).

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i agree, but they are going to look at the fact we are still in a playoff race and are not going to be willing to gamble on someone with minimal experience against ML pitching.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i agree, but they are going to look at the fact we are still in a playoff race and are not going to be willing to gamble on someone with minimal experience against ML pitching.

Would rather 'gamble' on someone who is faster, better fielder, better base runner and is a .300 hitter this year in AAA ... than the sure thing failures of the two guys who have no future in Arlington past the end of this season.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see ... Darvish, Harrison, Holland, Perez ... #5?

Now do you want to pay your #5 ... $16mil?

If your offense is only going to produce more than 2 runs 40% of the time ... why pay $16mil to win just one of those games?

(In Tepsech's 10 starts TEX scored 2 or fewer runs 6 times ... and he won one of those games. Tepesch won 3 of 4 games when they scored 3 or more runs. So unless you figure Garza can win more than 1 game when the offense scores 2 or fewer runs ... there is probably a better use of $16mil).

and there may be better uses for 16M but one stud bat is not going cut it. i'm not say that they will re-sign Garza but that i would rather see that than us face another season like the way this one started with our pitching issues

we need another stud bat or 2 are we will suffer thru another year like this one offensively. hopefully we sign McCann, maybe Cruz as a DH to a 2 year deal and pick up a quality LF'er to bolster our offense

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, better to go with sure failures right?:rollseyes:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would rather 'gamble' on someone who is faster, better fielder, better base runner and is a .300 hitter this year in AAA ... than the sure thing failures of the two guys who have no future in Arlington past the end of this season.

maybe you should call up JD and Wash and express your feelings to them on the subject. i'm sure they would welcome your input and explain why they don't agree with your assessment.

personally i agree with you but i have as little influence on the decision-making process as you

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe you should call up JD and Wash and express your feelings to them on the subject. i'm sure they would welcome your input and explain why they don't agree with your assessment.

personally i agree with you but i have as little influence on the decision-making process as you

So because we have no influence over the matter we shouldn't have or voice our opinions either huh?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Good idea ... I'll give Wash a call.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can anyone guarantee that?

absolutely not.

Not with that type of injury, unfortunately.
You just hope for the best, but JD should prepare for the worst. I think we have learned our lesson with SP

Keep Garza.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
voice away asshole. it is just you spitting into the wind and you do a lot of that

Know how I know I own you? As soon as I post a perfectly diplomatic post you start hurling profanity and insults at me. How pathetic is that?