• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live with both on the bench. Seriously what is their value?

to us nothing, but to the team, the manager and even the GM if they're going to pay them what they're paying them then they're going to be on the field

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OK.....let's just stay with Mitch's .244 average and he's always hurt. This guy is going to average about 130 games over the past 3 seasons of staying upright.

Wind.....I'm not dismissing your thought. I'm just looking for a young upgrade. Who's to say that JD & Co don't move Kins there if they decide to keep Profar. Don't know yet.

Mitch Moreland ... 27yo
Jose Abreau ... 26yo (were he signed today ... he's still a season away (2015) if you use the Martin time line).
Ronald Guzman ... 19yo (TEX #6 MLB prospect, 2013 @ Low A, earliest ML-read 2016-17)

Unclear how TEX resolves the Profar question but with Kinsler and Andus on long term programs, having seen Profar for good bit of 2013 and taking a look at the middle infield stockpile at AAA and AA I am more inclined to believe Profar is traded for another talent.

If you go with the Abreau/Guzman time lines and recognition that an Andrus-Kinsler-Profar move will have to happen this off season ... which you resolve it by moving Kinsler to 1b ... then what do you do with him when/if Abreau/Guzman shows up?

I understand Abreau might be quite a talent on the international baseball stage (AA-AAA quality play) ... and am sure TEX will be in the conversation about him ... but I think they will want a bit more to go on than a referral from Leonys Martin. Until then I believe TEX will stay with Moreland until a better talent is pushing him off the roster.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to us nothing, but to the team, the manager and even the GM if they're going to pay them what they're paying them then they're going to be on the field
Maybe so but it's a terrible way to risk losing the division.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
“As of right now, Blackley is the guy,” Washington said. “But I reserve the right to change my mind. Make sure you write that down. I can change my mind.”

The other choices would be Tepesch, who pitched 31/3 innings of scoreless relief Monday, or Kirkman. Both were added when the rosters were expanded Sunday. Both have been pitching in the minor leagues on rehab assignments.

Source: Texas Rangers consider skipping fifth spot in rotation | Texas Rangers Blog

EG only noted that Kirkman was called up ... not sure how Kirkman's name got into the conversation as an option for an SP.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kirkman has never started a game in the majors, and I don't think he ever will as long as he's in the Rangers organization.

I don't know if paying Garza 16 million to keep Nick Tepesch from starting is wise.

Along your line of thought ... don't like the idea of paying your #3 $16mil is wise either given that Perez right now might push him to #4. And when Harrison returns ... does that make Garza your #5?

Don't even have to get into a Tepesch conversation to recognize that Garza is unlikely to be signed.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never want to see Berkman have another AB as a Ranger. Baker, Adduci, anyone.[/QUOTE Adduci looked good in the spring and would be no worse than Berkman. Like to see him given the opportunity.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Along your line of thought ... don't like the idea of paying your #3 $16mil is wise either given that Perez right now might push him to #4. And when Harrison returns ... does that make Garza your #5?

Don't even have to get into a Tepesch conversation to recognize that Garza is unlikely to be signed.

wouldn't bet the farm on that.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EG only noted that Kirkman was called up ... not sure how Kirkman's name got into the conversation as an option for an SP.
No mention of Ogando. Have Wash and them given up on him as a starter? I think he's off DL or will be soon.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland is hitting 216 with RISP. In June hit .200, July ,169, August .246 and so far in September .250. His defense is above average but nothing outstanding. I am willing to keep Moreland if we have upgrades at other positions. But with this lineup we were counting on him having a breakout year this year and it has not happened.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland is hitting 216 with RISP. In June hit .200, July ,169, August .246 and so far in September .250. His defense is above average but nothing outstanding. I am willing to keep Moreland if we have upgrades at other positions. But with this lineup we were counting on him having a breakout year this year and it has not happened.
There have been glimpses where he's looked great but then he heads back into his horrific slump. Inconsistent and quite disappointing to say the least.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my point is that the Rangers may look at it totally different from you or I. they are only interested in putting the best team on the field and the idea of spending 14-16M to put a Garza on the field instead a tepesch might make more sense to them over the whole season than letting him walk.

a pitching staff with Garza on it is going to be better than a pitching staff with Tepesch on it

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never want to see Berkman have another AB as a Ranger. Baker, Adduci, anyone.[/QUOTE Adduci looked good in the spring and would be no worse than Berkman. Like to see him given the opportunity.

to the team the point is he would be no worse not better than Berkman. if they are going to sit Berkman than it will be because they have a definite better option available which they don't have.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point is that the Rangers may look at it totally different from you or I. they are only interested in putting the best team on the field and the idea of spending 14-16M to put a Garza on the field instead a tepesch might make more sense to them over the whole season than letting him walk.

a pitching staff with Garza on it is going to be better than a pitching staff with Tepesch on it
And a pitching staff with Lee, Greinke, Darvish, Kershaw, and Hernadez on it is better than one with any other 5th starter with a low ceiling. That's not really the point. It's about spending the money in the right spots next year. A MoRP is not as important as a CoF, C, or DH for this team.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect that both he and Feliz will be back in the pen next season
Meant more for this season. Ogando can't be through for this season, can he. Or just as a starter.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to the team the point is he would be no worse not better than Berkman. if they are going to sit Berkman than it will be because they have a definite better option available which they don't have.
Until given the chance you don't know that. Now he may not develop but Berkman is done.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what Adduci has going for him...He has two working knees, he is 28, and he is NOT Lance Berkman.