• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion, which means nothing and I acknowledge that fully.
Ogando is just one of those S/P's made of glass. I think he's great out of the pen, and I think that's his future.

there must be a reason he's not slotted back in, unless he has been, I only read the last few posts

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion, which means nothing and I acknowledge that fully.
Ogando is just one of those S/P's made of glass. I think he's great out of the pen, and I think that's his future.

there must be a reason he's not slotted back in, unless he has been, I only read the last few posts

he has been activated but i doubt we will see him as starter again this season. like you said he seems to be made of glass and his future is as bullpen guy

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and there may be better uses for 16M but one stud bat is not going cut it. i'm not say that they will re-sign Garza but that i would rather see that than us face another season like the way this one started with our pitching issues

we need another stud bat or 2 are we will suffer thru another year like this one offensively. hopefully we sign McCann, maybe Cruz as a DH to a 2 year deal and pick up a quality LF'er to bolster our offense

Funny with all those pitching issues TEX started the season with all the way to today ... courtesy of Perez, Tepesch, Grimm, Lindblom, Wolf and Blackley. Pretty good considering the for crap run support.

As for the decision ... it's simple. Say you got $16mil ... wanna sign Garza with it who will play once a week ... or McCann who will play all but one game a week. See how simple it is?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was diplomatic?

So because we have no influence over the matter we shouldn't have or voice our opinions either huh?

Please explain how this is in any way insulting or rude? I was just trying to participate in the conversation and you can't even handle that. Tell me, do you even have to sense to be embarrased for yourself?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny with all those pitching issues TEX started the season with all the way to today ... courtesy of Perez, Tepesch, Grimm, Lindblom, Wolf and Blackley. Pretty good considering the for crap run support.

As for the decision ... it's simple. Say you got $16mil ... wanna sign Garza with it who will play once a week ... or McCann who will play all but one game a week. See how simple it is?

I don't necessarily agree with the once a week versus every day of the week argument, but the importance of a catcher of his caliber cannot be understated. If the choice in a vacuum is garza or McCann its the catcher all the way.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what about DH? what about LF? we sorely need some offense and McCann would serve 2 purposes: a quality catcher and a solid bat but we would still need a quality DH (maybe Cruz?) and a LF'er who also brings a bat.

do we go with Profar as our DH?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily agree with the once a week versus every day of the week argument, but the importance of a catcher of his caliber cannot be understated. If the choice in a vacuum is garza or McCann its the catcher all the way.

why does it have to be one or the other? why can't it be both?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has been activated but i doubt we will see him as starter again this season. like you said he seems to be made of glass and his future is as bullpen guy

I obviously agree.

This question open to everyone....

have they mentioned that they plan to put Ogando back in the rotation and I missed it?
I get my updates from you guys, being very far away from the DFW media.
I looked a little and didn't find anything

I see Rev said he has been activated.

Is he going to start, I don't know, does anyone have more info?

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I obviously agree.

This question open to everyone....

have they mentioned that they plan to put Ogando back in the rotation and I missed it?
I get my updates from you guys, being very far away from the DFW media.
I looked a little and didn't find anything

I see Rev said he has been activated.

Is he going to start, I don't know, does anyone have more info?
Here's a tweet to me from Jeff Wilson of FWST. Take it for what's it worth. Urgh, forget the ugly pic of me. Please!!!

Jeff Wilson@JeffWilson_FWST [ame="[MEDIA=twitter]375052381672574976[/MEDIA]"]57m[/ame]
Activated today. Starting seems unlikely. @darrylgann What is to become of Ogando? No longer considered a starter for this year?

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what about DH? what about LF? we sorely need some offense and McCann would serve 2 purposes: a quality catcher and a solid bat but we would still need a quality DH (maybe Cruz?) and a LF'er who also brings a bat.

do we go with Profar as our DH?

Maybe Cruz as DH. TEX is already auditioning Adduci as the Murphy replacement as #4 ... but still needs a quality LFer. If they can figure out how to move "The Ghost" they would need another RFer too. Unlikely they can do both.

So they find a quality COF (either) bat on the market ... and fill in with Martin, Gentry, Adduci ... with the potential for Cruz to get cameo spots in NL parks.