• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a tweet to me from Jeff Wilson of FWST. Take it for what's it worth. Urgh, forget the ugly pic of me. Please!!!

Jeff Wilson@JeffWilson_FWST 57m
Activated today. Starting seems unlikely. @darrylgann What is to become of Ogando? No longer considered a starter for this year?

Thank you Darryl. Maybe I need a twitter account. I feel like I'm on the board and watching too many games as it is...more info for me could be BAD. As in, I do have other things to take care of...do I really need to start with twitter?
:D

yeah, I say that and the twitter account will probably be created tonight or tomorrow
Baseball
:L

Last edited by a moderator:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily agree with the once a week versus every day of the week argument, but the importance of a catcher of his caliber cannot be understated. If the choice in a vacuum is garza or McCann its the catcher all the way.

if they don't pick up Nathan's option and they let Pierzynski, Berkman and Murphy walk that will free up slightly over 32M in salary that could be used to sign Garza, McCann & Cruz and still re-sign Soto to backup McCann and a utility guy. still leaves a hole in Left but we could use Gentry and Adduci there with Cruz getting the occasional start out there

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you Darryl. Maybe I need a twitter account. I feel like I'm on the board and watching too many games as it is...more info for me could be BAD. As in, I do have other things to take care of...do I really need to start with twitter?

yeah, I say that and the twitter account will probably be created tonight or tomorrow
Baseball
Not an advocate of it really.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baseball
Terrible isn't it?:rollseyes:

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Cruz as DH. TEX is already auditioning Adduci as the Murphy replacement as #4 ... but still needs a quality LFer. If they can figure out how to move "The Ghost" they would need another RFer too. Unlikely they can do both.

So they find a quality COF (either) bat on the market ... and fill in with Martin, Gentry, Adduci ... with the potential for Cruz to get cameo spots in NL parks.

still see Gentry and Martin as co-Centerfielders and it is possible that Adduci could end up being the everyday LF'er but would not be surprised to see the Rangers intensify their pursuit of Stanton this off-season.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't directed at you Lainey.

I know, if I ask questions or need stats, it's usually always because I didn't have the time to look it up, or had other things I had to get done (or was just thinking about other things) If I'm flat out being lazy, I'll admit it. A lot of you guys have this stuff at your finger tips anyway.

and during game time, since I stream
One lap top is plugged into the TV, another to post here....so then it can get tricky to try and pull info during games...sometimes it will slow down my MLB stream even at home with good wifi

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still see Gentry and Martin as co-Centerfielders and it is possible that Adduci could end up being the everyday LF'er but would not be surprised to see the Rangers intensify their pursuit of Stanton this off-season.

Well, I don't think JD has any intention of dealing Profar (and the many others it would take)....BUT, it's JD, you don't what he may have up his sleeve, he has admitted they call about Stanton all the time.

the other problem with Stanton, is the other side.
GM's aren't even ALLOWED to call the Marlin's GM

Only the Owner will take calls.
Wow.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
if they don't pick up Nathan's option and they let Pierzynski, Berkman and Murphy walk that will free up slightly over 32M in salary that could be used to sign Garza, McCann & Cruz and still re-sign Soto to backup McCann and a utility guy. still leaves a hole in Left but we could use Gentry and Adduci there with Cruz getting the occasional start out there

I still don't understand why you'd spend $16mil on your #5.

Since The Ghost came out of that talent pool ... the small number of quality COFs TEX considered before and after the non-waiver deadline ... the FA market is slim. May have to fill the power COF via trade.

So the OF might be ... TBD Power COF, Rios, Martin, Gentry, Cruz (primarily DH or #5OF).

If TEX moves Rios then Adduci (LH) might be a fill to share #4 w/Gentry. I already like Adduci better than Rios.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought. Wonder if any other team has as many put outs at the plate as the Rangers.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Baseball

IMO Twitter sucks more life force than Facebook.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well do any of you believe that Texas will break out of the offensive doldrums tonight? They usually score a bunch for Perez so I am hopeful. Also they seem to really get up for the better pitchers. I am hoping for 6 runs tonight and a win.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know, if I ask questions or need stats, it's usually always because I didn't have the time to look it up, or had other things I had to get done (or was just thinking about other things) If I'm flat out being lazy, I'll admit it. A lot of you guys have this stuff at your finger tips anyway.

and during game time, since I stream
One lap top is plugged into the TV, another to post here....so then it can get tricky to try and pull info during games...sometimes it will slow down my MLB stream even at home with good wifi

You dwarf us Wonder Woman

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lets see I they're any more inspired tonight.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need the ranger dude's optimism tonight.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest. It won't take much for me to turn the game off tonight. I just don't have the patience for it right now.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest. It won't take much for me to turn the game off tonight. I just don't have the patience for it right now.
Nah! You'll hang in. Who you kidding?