• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2024-2025 Offseason Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Leody will be back and if Carter is healthy and looking well in camp rhe Leody will be platooned. Need a good year of health with Evan before we cut bait on Leody
What is wrong with Carter or Langford in CF full time?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with Huff- he did not look considered as a call up. He could easily be gone

Crim is a flip of the coin I hope he is not taken and I think likely not but 4 years from now maybe we see a game winning hit from him In a playoff game like Ibanez

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Harris as a 4th OF?
Leody has better defense which is an indictment on Harris

If Harris offense takes off he is not a starter type
Defense guys are backups

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leody has better defense which is an indictment on Harris

If Harris offense takes off he is not a starter type
Defense guys are backups
You will find some disagreement about Leody being good on defense. Newberg is one of those. Also, I am not sure that you need defensive stalwarts as backups any longer. Grossman has been a backup OF here and he is very limited.

One other thing to consider is the real backup in CF will be either Langford or Carter, whichever one doesn't start out playing there. One would simply shift there if the other was injured.

I am not sure we know how good of a CF Harris will be. Leody is weak on routes taken and with his arm.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is our primer on bullpen arms. Hopefully we can sign 4 guys who we can trust in the late innings.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will find some disagreement about Leody being good on defense. Newberg is one of those. Also, I am not sure that you need defensive stalwarts as backups any longer. Grossman has been a backup OF here and he is very limited.

One other thing to consider is the real backup in CF will be either Langford or Carter, whichever one doesn't start out playing there. One would simply shift there if the other was injured.

I am not sure we know how good of a CF Harris will be. Leody is weak on routes taken and with his arm.
Yeah but if Carter is out I would rather have Leody than Jank Leody is no elite OF. Agree with that. Now Harris strength is not defense from when I saw him in Frisco

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but if Carter is out I would rather have Leody than Jank Leody is no elite OF. Agree with that. Now Harris strength is not defense from when I saw him in Frisco
When did you see Harris in Frisco? The OF was still brand new to him in 2022.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did you see Harris in Frisco? The OF was still brand new to him in 2022.
2 years ago. Just remember an impression of his athletic ability defensively. He may have not been in the OF. Always gauging arms when I go out

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 years ago. Just remember an impression of his athletic ability defensively. He may have not been in the OF. Always gauging arms when I go out
When he played strictly in the IF, I never read any negatives in any of the writeups about him, defensively. The Rangers did see fit to put him in CF this year for the first time. They must have a favorable view of him as an outfielder to try him in CF, I would think.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he played strictly in the IF, I never read any negatives in any of the writeups about him, defensively. The Rangers did see fit to put him in CF this year for the first time. They must have a favorable view of him as an outfielder to try him in CF, I would think.
Well guess he is up for ST and we can see for ourselves. Do hope he gets OF reps
Also hope there are OF options as I am not sure if Adolis can get back to former self defensively

IMO the best arm outside of Adolis is Duran
I know rhen is more than an arm to field the position but …..