• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2024-2025 Offseason Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ibanez comes through.

In the 8th he hits a bases-loaded, bases-clearing double. Tigers up 5-2. And, it was against Hader.

Now that's the kind of PH I would like to see for the Rangers. Lol

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Michael Bier:

“We need Adolis [García] to bounce back, we need Jonah Heim to bounce back, we need Leody Taveras to take the next step in his development. We need a healthy Josh Jung and Evan Carter.”

Chris Young said internal upgrades are more significant than they can get anywhere else.
Heim has had one good year at the plate. He had a career year last season. I wouldn’t put much trust in him.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So long, Astros.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love it!!! What a great day!!! Won the West for naught once again.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas needs to either roll with a rotation next year of:
deGrom-Rocker-Bradford-Mahle-Leiter, with Dunning and Gray as depth,
or if they want to bring back Eovaldi, they should in turn trade Gray to free up some money.
I'd make a serious push to re-sign Yates given how stellar he was this year, and I would even be cool to bring back Robertson at the right price.
BUT also would sign and(or) trade for 2 more relievers that are capable of pitching in the 8th or 9th innings, as well. Let's build a loaded bullpen.
I still believe in Sborz, and Pennington looks to be a player, as well. Mark Church is another cat already on the team who could really help the pen.
Other than that, either go get one high-quality everyday hitter or sign a couple of reliable depth bats in case the big name hitters on the team don't improve next year. Also give guys like Crim, Foscue and Harris legitimate opportunities in Spring Training to compete for roster spots.
Also, either finally give Huff a shot at catcher or trade for a starting-caliber catcher to compete with Heim.
i like but according to the article CY thinks we should make every effort to re-sign Eovaldi and Heaney which i don't like.

maybe something in the middle like deGrom, Mahle, Bradford, Rocker and sign someone like Turnbull to start the season. lineup Leiter, Garcia, Teodo, Drake and Santos at AAA to bring up if needed.

instead i would concentrate on the bullpen. first getting Robertson to hang one more year on the mutual option and re-sign Yates. then i would spend bucks on a couple of late inning relievers like Scott and Estevez and lefty long reliever like Ryan Yarbrough. that makes a bullpen of Yarbrough. Gray, Sborz, Pennington, Robertson, Yates, Scott and Estevez