• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was in the morning news this morning that he hasn't decided between blackley, tepesch or kirkman.
“As of right now, Blackley is the guy,” Washington said. “But I reserve the right to change my mind. Make sure you write that down. I can change my mind.”

The other choices would be Tepesch, who pitched 31/3 innings of scoreless relief Monday, or Kirkman. Both were added when the rosters were expanded Sunday. Both have been pitching in the minor leagues on rehab assignments.

Source: Texas Rangers consider skipping fifth spot in rotation | Texas Rangers Blog

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't throw good money after bad. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't. Move on. Story of being a baseball GM told over and over again.
That's why the Rangers need to move Rios in the off season. There is zero reason to try and get production out of him for what the Rangers will be paying him. That has sunk cost fallacy written all over it.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Murphy is in the lineup again...

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“As of right now, Blackley is the guy,” Washington said. “But I reserve the right to change my mind. Make sure you write that down. I can change my mind.”

The other choices would be Tepesch, who pitched 31/3 innings of scoreless relief Monday, or Kirkman. Both were added when the rosters were expanded Sunday. Both have been pitching in the minor leagues on rehab assignments.

Source: Texas Rangers consider skipping fifth spot in rotation | Texas Rangers Blog
I just posted the link too. It was Grant saying that. Had nothing to do with Wash. Wash wouldn't start a guy that he's never started before. That's not how he works. Kirkman will probably get a chance to fail and hurt the team in some other capacity, but not as a starter.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted the link too. It was Grant saying that. Had nothing to do with Wash. Wash wouldn't start a guy that he's never started before. That's not how he works. Kirkman will probably get a chance to fail and hurt the team in some other capacity, but not as a starter.
Didn't see you post it first :rollseyes:. Wash may "change his mind" but no there is no chance it's going to be Kirkman.

C. Gentry, CF
J. Profar, SS
I. Kinsler, 2B
A. Beltre, 3B
A. Pierzynski, C
A. Rios, RF
M. Moreland, 1B
L. Berkman, DH
D. Murphy, LF
M. Perez, SP

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Edwards was really the only thing we gave up for him. Garza is going to cost 15-16 million a year. He's a number 3.Texas has their 1 and 2 locked up for a while, and with a healthy Harrison coming back next year they should have their 1-3 all locked up. Perez will build on this season and be an above average 4. So do you spend up to 16 million for a number 3 talent to round out the rotation? Idk yet. I'd rather the offense be fixed first.

Garza is not our # 3 for next season.........Harrison, Holland, Perez....and Ohhh did I forget Darvish?

Holland, Darvish or reverse is fine as one and two..........Perez is out pitching Garza to date, and Harrison is our next Colby Lewis. I wouldn't give $15 mil for Garza right now PERIOD. But then again, it's only money, and more importantly, it ain't mine.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ Edwards was really the only thing we gave up for him. Garza is going to cost 15-16 million a year. He's a number 3.Texas has their 1 and 2 locked up for a while, and with a healthy Harrison coming back next year they should have their 1-3 all locked up. Perez will build on this season and be an above average 4. So do you spend up to 16 million for a number 3 talent to round out the rotation? Idk yet. I'd rather the offense be fixed first.

if we don't re-sign Garza then who do we use as our 5th starter? oh and we gave up Neil Ramirez and Mike Olt too along with Edwards

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin has been bad vs lefties, but I'd still rather see him in there over Murphy.
Meh, I'm fine with giving him a day off after what we saw yesterday.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said as of right now it is blackley, but i reserve the right to change i mind. He said right that now i can change mind, i thought that it was him that brought up tepesch and kirkman, i thought wash the one who said it. I didn't even look who wrote it. He said write that down i can change my mind. I hope he was not serious.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garza is not our # 3 for next season.........Harrison, Holland, Perez....and Ohhh did I forget Darvish?

Holland, Darvish or reverse is fine as one and two..........Perez is out pitching Garza to date, and Harrison is our next Colby Lewis. I wouldn't give $15 mil for Garza right now PERIOD. But then again, it's only money, and more importantly, it ain't mine.
I don't disagree with that at all. Obviously Yu and Derek are my 1 and 2. Harrison would be my number 3 and Perez is number 4 as it stands now. Now clue who number 5 is, but that's okay for now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we don't re-sign Garza then who do we use as our 5th starter? oh and we gave up Neil Ramirez and Mike Olt too along with Edwards
Olt was a fringe prospect and either than a hot streak for this season, Neil Ramirez has been pretty blah.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin has been bad vs lefties, but I'd still rather see him in there over Murphy.

I wanna see martin get some time down. This is his first season and the demands have been great....how about hitting lead off?

Gentry....Gentry.........does Wash hate this guy or what?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He may not be worth $15 mil. but Harrison is certainly not a shoe in so we don't need to slam the door on Garza to soon. Little early to predict what will be available next year.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be worth $15 mil. but Harrison is certainly not a shoe in so we don't need to slam the door on Garza to soon. Little early to predict what will be available next year.
Harrison will be ready for opening day unless he needs another surgery.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Murphy is in the lineup again...
I'm alright with today's lineup. Martin badly needs a day off as shown yesterday so I like Gentry getting the start. Murphy will be himself but Baker really sucks against RHP.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm alright with today's lineup. Martin badly needs a day off as shown yesterday so I like Gentry getting the start. Murphy will be himself but Baker really sucks against RHP.
Martin just got like 2 days off, because Murphy is a dumbass.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo Gentry needs to be in the line up period. Good for Martin to rest but no reason to play Murphy every day.