• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Our Texas Rangers against the Oakland A's 9/2 -9/4

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it doesn't seem to be our year. Honestly, nothing seems to have worked to our advantage this season. Season ain't over yet though.

But you're right, the Dodgers got 3 quality starters, and if they can get Kemp back and have him even close to 100% they're going to be hard to beat.

I've lowered my expectations and will happily take the wild card spot ( hopefully wild card #2, we proved HFA doesn't mean squat last year in a 1 game play in and this group of guys play better on the road). Anything less than wildcard #2 will be a catastrophic failure and another embarrassing September choke for the second year in a row.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is out again tonight...Texas needs him in the lineup. He gets on base. They need that.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a poll on ESPN right now asking who will win the ALW and the A's are leading with 58% and approximately 12,000 voters. FYI
I was listening to MLB radio this AM - these guys have more or less been supporters of the Rangers to win the AL West this year since early in the season. No longer, they have bailed to the A's. Everybody is bailing out of the Rangers bandwagon!!

Well, let 'em go. Again, the less pressure on us, the better we'll do. Maybe it will do us some good to fall a game or two behind. Puts the pressure back on the A's. They didn't handle it too well the last time!

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've lowered my expectations and will happily take the wild card spot ( hopefully wild card #2, we proved HFA doesn't mean squat last year in a 1 game play in and this group of guys play better on the road). Anything less than wildcard #2 will be a catastrophic failure and another embarrassing September choke for the second year in a row.
With our offense, the wild card will be a high risk proposition. The opponents could start a Liam or an Erasmo, and we will be clueless. I think we have a better chance if we win the division...

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreland is slightly above average with the glove, if that. Cruz, counting this abbreviated season is going to average around 85 RBI for the last 3 seasons. Had he completed this season his average would have jumped to 93ish. 93 and 60 don't seem close to me.

But both of these guys play about 130 games a season.

I don't have a problem with Moreland but we need to address the LF void and the DH void. I think we re-sign Cruz to at least a 2 year deal and that covers DH and some OF but we need a OF'er that brings a bat for LF. some on here will say let's go with Gentry in LF but i'm not convinced that he is anything but a 4th kind of like Murphy

so I would think we re-sign Garza, hope Harrison comes back strong and our Starters would be Darvish, Harrison, Garza, Holland and Perez.

we move Ogando and Feliz back to the pen, pick up Nathan's option. bullpen looks like this: Cotts, Feliz, Nathan, Ogando, Ross, Scheppers and Soria.

Batting order: Martin/Gentry CF, Kinsler 2B, "LF", Beltre 3B, McCann C, Cruz DH, Rios, RF, Moreland 1B and Andrus SS.

Bench: utility player, utility player, Soto C

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign McCann to play catcher, Loney 1b, choo lf and resign cruz to dh.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with Moreland but we need to address the LF void and the DH void. I think we re-sign Cruz to at least a 2 year deal and that covers DH and some OF but we need a OF'er that brings a bat for LF. some on here will say let's go with Gentry in LF but i'm not convinced that he is anything but a 4th kind of like Murphy

so I would think we re-sign Garza, hope Harrison comes back strong and our Starters would be Darvish, Harrison, Garza, Holland and Perez.

we move Ogando and Feliz back to the pen, pick up Nathan's option. bullpen looks like this: Cotts, Feliz, Nathan, Ogando, Ross, Scheppers and Soria.

Batting order: Martin/Gentry CF, Kinsler 2B, "LF", Beltre 3B, McCann C, Cruz DH, Rios, RF, Moreland 1B and Andrus SS.

I can nit-pick but glad to see ya working/thinking so hard. Seriously. This is well thought out, and I appreciate it. My only rub is I don't see this love affair with Garza. Let's see this season play out.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this morning that Wash is thinkink about starting kirkman over blackley.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This has the potential to be damn good ball club. We need the LF bat, and I hate to say it, but a 1B bat that's more consistent. I really like Mitch...but...

Cruz may be a decent option at DH. I would miss his arm in the OF, but definitely not the glove....

McCann is going to be tough to get - Gattis has faded, McCann has had a good year, and it appears the Braves will be willing to pay to keep him. He's also from Atlanta...not saying the Rangers couldn't get him, but they will have to pay a ton to get him and he may not be worth that....

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can nit-pick but glad to see ya working/thinking so hard. Seriously. This is well thought out, and I appreciate it. My only rub is I don't see this love affair with Garza. Let's see this season play out.

not a love affair I just think that for what we gave up for him we should get more out of him than 2 months rental

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has the potential to be damn good ball club. We need the LF bat, and I hate to say it, but a 1B bat that's more consistent. I really like Mitch...but...

Cruz may be a decent option at DH. I would miss his arm in the OF, but definitely not the glove....

McCann is going to be tough to get - Gattis has faded, McCann has had a good year, and it appears the Braves will be willing to pay to keep him. He's also from Atlanta...not saying the Rangers couldn't get him, but they will have to pay a ton to get him and he may not be worth that....

I've read multiple articles that Atlanta will let him walk

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read multiple articles that Atlanta will let him walk

Read that too. Said atlanta not going to spend the money it is going to take to sign him. And that the rangers are the front runner to get him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this morning that Wash is thinkink about starting kirkman over blackley.
Duane I know you are not joking. No! You can't be. We don't have games to lose to try and develop a Kirkman risk. Is Wash losing what little ability he has left to lead? Do you have a link or source?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a love affair I just think that for what we gave up for him we should get more out of him than 2 months rental
CJ Edwards was really the only thing we gave up for him. Garza is going to cost 15-16 million a year. He's a number 3.Texas has their 1 and 2 locked up for a while, and with a healthy Harrison coming back next year they should have their 1-3 all locked up. Perez will build on this season and be an above average 4. So do you spend up to 16 million for a number 3 talent to round out the rotation? Idk yet. I'd rather the offense be fixed first.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See your point but he may not be worth what he will demand but on the other hand we don't know about our returnees or what else might be out there for better money.

Last edited by a moderator:

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duane I know you are not joking. No! You can't be. We don't have games to lose to try and develop a Kirkman risk. Is Wash losing what little ability he has left to lead? Do you have a link or source?

Wouldn't joke about this as much as i dislike kirkman as a player. Wash was asked if blackley pitch his next time when was his turn. And that is when wash said he has not decided. Thats when tepesch and kirkman names were mentioned.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't throw good money after bad. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't. Move on. Story of being a baseball GM told over and over again.