• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Okung

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he really wanted to push him he would have sent him a lot farther than that. It wasn't a cool thing to do but it wasn't like he went full force at him.

Exactly...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The shove didn't look great and of course the network played it up, but when you factor in the size difference and the fact that the guy he shoved had probably just touched a painful area during an examination, it didn't look as bad as it could have been.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung pisses me off sometimes he just gives up on some plays i have noticed lately.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gah, i got a bruised lung once when i was 19. I was Riding my KX 250 and crashed and the handlebar nailed me in the chest just missing my chest protector. I thought i was going to die when it happened and i couldn't hardly breath as it hurt so very bad just to inhale like a knife being stuck DEEP into my chest wall. It took me 2 weeks to heal and to stop spitting up blood. Okung pushing that guy was nothing, when the Doctor poked me in my ribs i about punched him. I balled my fist and drew back all in reflex, that's a pain i am glad i have not felt since. I have broken a few ribs and it didn't hurt as bad as that bruised lung.

He will have issues sleeping so my guess is he wont be playing this weekend, i am not Okung so that is just a guess by me but i remember i couldn't lay on my stomach or side and if i moved wrong in my sleep i would wake up screaming.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gah, i got a bruised lung once when i was 19. I was Riding my KX 250 and crashed and the handlebar nailed me in the chest just missing my chest protector. I thought i was going to die when it happened and i couldn't hardly breath as it hurt so very bad just to inhale like a knife being stuck DEEP into my chest wall. It took me 2 weeks to heal and to stop spitting up blood. Okung pushing that guy was nothing, when the Doctor poked me in my ribs i about punched him. I balled my fist and drew back all in reflex, that's a pain i am glad i have not felt since. I have broken a few ribs and it didn't hurt as bad as that bruised lung.

He will have issues sleeping so my guess is he wont be playing this weekend, i am not Okung so that is just a guess by me but i remember i couldn't lay on my stomach or side and if i moved wrong in my sleep i would wake up screaming.

Yeah but your a weenie ... Okung is a man! :yahoo: Kidding... That's not super encouraging to hear it hurts that much.... DAM the last thing we need is our LT out right now... I am hearing he's most likely out, so we have to move forward... What's the word on Unger ??

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but your a weenie ... Okung is a man! :yahoo: Kidding... That's not super encouraging to hear it hurts that much.... DAM the last thing we need is our LT out right now... I am hearing he's most likely out, so we have to move forward... What's the word on Unger ??

I read something earlier today that said Unger won't be ready in time to play on Sunday, which is a bigger bummer to me than being without Okung. Obviously I'd love to have both guys out there playing, but the line, such as it is, seems to be more stable when Unger is playing than when he isn't.

The Pete Carroll Show: Unger, Okung won't play against Arizona - Seattle Seahawks | 710 ESPN Seattle

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the injury report...

Okung out
Unger doubtful.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm no 6 foot 5, 300 pound man so if that makes me a weenie then so be it lol.

But yeah Okung being out is what i totally expected, He would have been able to play if it was a broken rib. Those are nothing compared to a bruised lung. Had Okung been able to play i would have been shocked, i am sure he can move fine but all a DE has to do is give him a quick little poke on that bruised side and trust me he would have dropped in pain. A bruised lung hurts WAY worse than you can imagine but the good news is he should be almost 100% by next week. I was fine after like 6 to 7 days, a little sore but i was back riding and anyone that rides dirt bikes can tell you that's a lot of jarring going on so Okung should be good to go all next week.

I'm still trying to figure out HOW in the hell he bruised his lung. It took me falling off the back side of a 10 foot berm landing on the handle bar going like 30 mph to bruise mine and i hit something kind of sharp.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the injury report...

Okung out
Unger doubtful.

Neither will play.

One way to look at it is Unger didnt play in the 1st match up. That was actually the week after he got hurt and it was Patrick Lewis and not Jean-Pierre playing center. So they should actually be in better shape Center wise for this matchup.

Also Carpenter didnt play in the 1st matchup, Bailey played LG so I thing in that position will be in better shape.

Obviously not having Okung will be a downgrade but the offense didnt look horrible in the 2nd half when Bailey came in last week. Hopefully with a week of practice Bailey will be ok.

All in all you could argue the line is in better shape this time around but AZ blitzing will cause problems no doubt.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no 6 foot 5, 300 pound man so if that makes me a weenie then so be it lol.

But yeah Okung being out is what i totally expected, He would have been able to play if it was a broken rib. Those are nothing compared to a bruised lung. Had Okung been able to play i would have been shocked, i am sure he can move fine but all a DE has to do is give him a quick little poke on that bruised side and trust me he would have dropped in pain. A bruised lung hurts WAY worse than you can imagine but the good news is he should be almost 100% by next week. I was fine after like 6 to 7 days, a little sore but i was back riding and anyone that rides dirt bikes can tell you that's a lot of jarring going on so Okung should be good to go all next week.

I'm still trying to figure out HOW in the hell he bruised his lung. It took me falling off the back side of a 10 foot berm landing on the handle bar going like 30 mph to bruise mine and i hit something kind of sharp.

I"m gonna take your word for it ... Never bruised a lung, but it sounds pretty painful from what your describing... As big as this game is he's gotta heal up because were gonna need him come playoff time assuming we get in...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither will play.

One way to look at it is Unger didnt play in the 1st match up. That was actually the week after he got hurt and it was Patrick Lewis and not Jean-Pierre playing center. So they should actually be in better shape Center wise for this matchup.

Also Carpenter didnt play in the 1st matchup, Bailey played LG so I thing in that position will be in better shape.

Obviously not having Okung will be a downgrade but the offense didnt look horrible in the 2nd half when Bailey came in last week. Hopefully with a week of practice Bailey will be ok.

All in all you could argue the line is in better shape this time around but AZ blitzing will cause problems no doubt.

Jean-Pierre I think has done a good job... Looks like Pete is still deciding who he might start there vs Arizona which is surprising because it seemed like Pierre was holding it down well... I guess Patrick Lewis took first team snaps at center this week along with Pierre.... Bailey having a full week of preparation should help him... And having Carpenter is a good thing for our run game... Losing Okung is a blow though, but like you said Bailey did do a good job in the second half for the most part vs the 49rs....

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither will play.

Wasn't that the game where we had issues with the shotgun snap? Hopefully a week of practice will prevent that from happening again.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m gonna take your word for it ... Never bruised a lung, but it sounds pretty painful from what your describing... As big as this game is he's gotta heal up because were gonna need him come playoff time assuming we get in...

I also bruised a lung, just before my junior year cross country season (I fell off a ladder onto a nice pile of sharp rocks). Hurt like the dickens and ruined the first half of the cross country season (ran my first race at 6 minutes behind my usual pace). It really sucks.