• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears Offseason

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More cap space:

Now whether Poles intends to use any of it this offseason remains to be seen.
Quick edit: It was noted that our top two draft picks have yet to be signed, so this will dent the cap a little. But we should still have plenty if the right situation presents itself.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four BOLD predictions from Sports Mockery.....none of which will probably come true, but WTF, it's 2022 and we haven't lost a game yet.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLTR has put out its final power rankings for this upcoming season.....
They have us at 31 with only Atl being under us.......
Its probably close to right......no wr corps,developing oline and no def......

But hey we can only go up from here....

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Four BOLD predictions from Sports Mockery.....none of which will probably come true, but WTF, it's 2022 and we haven't lost a game yet.

I don't think any of these would be overly shocking. All four of these can come true and we can still be a poor team. None of them are dependent on the Bears having a good offense.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if this has popped up in here yet:

So Pennel's getting a second crack at Da Bearssss, altho he never really got a first crack after going on IR last year. Not a major development by any stretch, but as the article explains, it does make sense to swap out a 3-4 OLB for a 4-3 DT. If nothing else and assuming he remains healthy, at the very least Pennel provides some needed depth on the inside.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll create an 'official' training camp thread when it opens later this month, unless someone else does it first (which is fine by me). Until then, even tho the article I'm linking has everything to do with training camp, I figured it might as well go here:

When we have seven positions where there's each a battle to see who becomes the starter, that immediately signals our team remains very much in a state of flux. We still may have some signings/cuts/whatever, which could settle a couple of these spots. But right now there's a lot to be settled. Makes for a good read tho.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll create an 'official' training camp thread when it opens later this month, unless someone else does it first (which is fine by me). Until then, even tho the article I'm linking has everything to do with training camp, I figured it might as well go here:

When we have seven positions where there's each a battle to see who becomes the starter, that immediately signals our team remains very much in a state of flux. We still may have some signings/cuts/whatever, which could settle a couple of these spots. But right now there's a lot to be settled. Makes for a good read tho.

Hmmmmm,wondering why Jenkins was playing with the 2nd team.....?

And never realized Gipson had 9 sacks laat season......very nice surprising number....

Quinn,it doesnt matter to me anumore if he stays or goes,we are in rebuild mode and into saving money,trade him for whatever uou can get for him I guess.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmmm,wondering why Jenkins was playing with the 2nd team.....?

And never realized Gipson had 9 sacks laat season......very nice surprising number....

Quinn,it doesnt matter to me anumore if he stays or goes,we are in rebuild mode and into saving money,trade him for whatever uou can get for him I guess.....
Nobody has said anything specific, but I can only surmise that Jenkins either came to camp out of shape or simply performed his non-contact duties poorly. Perhaps a combination of both. As for Gipson, his performance was probably lost in the muck of a disappointing season by the team overall. And I'm in full agreement about Quinn. If he had shown up to the mandatory, I would have been much more in favor of trying to retain him. But now that it's obvious he wants out, what's the point of keeping him around, unless one likes distractions. Trade him, we should at the very least get a 3rd rounder and maybe a bit player thrown in. Possibly even a 2nd rounder if another team really feels he can be the difference.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has said anything specific, but I can only surmise that Jenkins either came to camp out of shape or simply performed his non-contact duties poorly. Perhaps a combination of both. As for Gipson, his performance was probably lost in the muck of a disappointing season by the team overall. And I'm in full agreement about Quinn. If he had shown up to the mandatory, I would have been much more in favor of trying to retain him. But now that it's obvious he wants out, what's the point of keeping him around, unless one likes distractions. Trade him, we should at the very least get a 3rd rounder and maybe a bit player thrown in. Possibly even a 2nd rounder if another team really feels he can be the difference.

Im thinking at this point and time given Quinns age,does it even matter if he stays.......?

We are all looking forward to 2023 anyways,so whats the big whop if Quinn he leaves..........none if you ask me.....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya think?

Personally, I think Beetlejuice and her cronies are just trying to save face. They know there's zero chance of the Bears remaining in the city. This was a futile effort at convincing the team to stay and more likely in the process ended up lining a few more pockets.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im thinking at this point and time given Quinns age,does it even matter if he stays.......?

We are all looking forward to 2023 anyways,so whats the big whop if Quinn he leaves..........none if you ask me.....
Think he still has 3 years on his deal. I agree though, IF the Bears can find a trade partner with picks then so be it. But, no way he is sitting out 3 seasons.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
N'Keal Harry traded to The Bears for a seventh rd draft pick.
This is pretty close to being a no-brainer, altho I was expecting Poles to acquire his next WR via team cuts. Giving up a 7th rounder for a one time 1st is at worst a throw-away for the Bears, but who knows what a fresh start can do for someone who was highly regarded in his collegiate years. His big flaw apparently is his lack of precision route running. But at 6'4/225 he does give us some needed size, and that height could become an asset when trying to move the chains in shorter yard situations or in the end zone.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears Wire has him pre-slated 4th in the hierarchy order.

Hell, there's no guarantee he even makes the team, but it does make sense to prop him up a bit. After all, he has a better draft pedigree than those listed below him, and even tho the Bears only surrendered a '24 7th rounder, that's still draft capital, so I'm sure the Bears will want to give him every chance to make the cut. And as for Dazz Newsom, what little chance he had of making the squad has probably all but vanished completely.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was away for a few days, so this might already be old news:

Glad Poles didn't bother trying to retain him. What a waste of talent he turned out to be. Good riddance.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears ink local boy veteran to likely handle the RG spot:

The thought of Sam Mustipher manning the position gave me shudders, so I consider this signing an improvement.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has been discussed at length in here, but just curious if any of you think Roquan's time as a Bear is coming to an end?