• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears Offseason

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn thats alot of players to be down.....Although we have 6 picks,theres still teams that will be cutting some fat,maybe we can get a few castoffs.....

Julio Jones is still out there,why not get a vet to bring in......
He cant be all that washed up can he......?

What on earth do we want Julio Jones for??? How in the hell is he going to help this team? Is he some sort of major upgrade to ARob to move the needle.

I swear. We have the dumbest fans.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame we're not a very good team - ok, maybe even more accurate to say we're a bad team - because based on the teams we'll be facing next year, this would otherwise be a favorable batch. The actual schedule is due out next week, but we know the teams we'll be facing:

Home: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Commanders

Away: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, New York Giants, New York Jets

Natch, there are some very tough opponents, but overall this would light up the eyes of any fan whose team is considered a strong postseason contender. Unfortunately for us, every game will be a dog fight.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the first of what will be many 53 man roster projections:

Things will obviously change once cuts are made by the Bears and other teams, some of whom will be picked up by the Bears. The only draft pick out of the 11 who doesn't make the final cut is S Elijah Hicks (practice squad?). Normally I'd be shocked to think 10 of 11 draftees could make the final roster, but we're talking the Bears here with their incredible lack of talent & depth. So anything is possible. Still, if we sign vets cut from other teams, especially on the OL, I can see another rook or two not make it or get moved to the practice squad.

One UDFA predicted to latch onto the team is local boy Jack Sanborn. Kinda reminds me of Nick Kwiatkoski, both in size and speed. Like St. Nick, Sanborn is a bit slow afoot, but has a nose for the ball. Assuming he makes the cut, he'll likely at best be a sub, but might have a shot at the starting SAM if he shines in the preseason. Someone to watch in the coming months.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bears signed WR Tajae Sharpe, formerly of the Falcons, to a one-year contract.​

Sharpe, 27, spent last season in Atlanta where he posted a 25-230-0 line on 37 targets, spanning 15 appearances and seven starts for the talent-deficient Falcons. He hasn't caught a touchdown since 2019.

Bears signed WR Dante Pettis, formerly of the Giants, to a one-year contract.​

The Bears also inked fellow veteran WR Tajae Sharpe to a one-year deal Wednesday. Pettis, 26, had a productive 27-467-5 line with the 49ers as a second-round rookie in 2018 but then fell into coach Kyle Shanahan's doghouse and never escaped before landing with the Giants in 2020.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a shame we're not a very good team - ok, maybe even more accurate to say we're a bad team - because based on the teams we'll be facing next year, this would otherwise be a favorable batch. The actual schedule is due out next week, but we know the teams we'll be facing:

Home: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Buffalo Bills, Houston Texans, Miami Dolphins, Philadelphia Eagles, San Francisco 49ers, Washington Commanders

Away: Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, New York Giants, New York Jets

Natch, there are some very tough opponents, but overall this would light up the eyes of any fan whose team is considered a strong postseason contender. Unfortunately for us, every game will be a dog fight.

Yeah, we might actually fool ourselves into thinking we're better than we are. After SF and GB... things are very winnable for a while.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The link isn't so much an article than it is a series of video clips of Jaquan Brisker working out with the same trainer who is also used by Aaron Donald:

What blows me away in this series of training clips is just how quick Aaron Donald is - his footwork is simply amazing. Small wonder this guy is universally regarded as the best defensive player of his generation. But also very happy to see Brisker working out with him. The kid seems determined to prove himself as starter material and is putting in the work to back it up. With each passing day I'm ever more satisfied that Poles chose him with the 48th pick.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This YouTube clip of ESPN writer Courtney Cronin's take on what the Bears have done since the new regime took over, along with what realistic expectations Bears fans should have are fairly grounded.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarik Cohen collapsed with a heel injury streaming a work out.....:

Tall about bad luck.......
Not sure if its the end of his career,but a significant injury may just put him out rest of this up and coming season and hinder a job in the future.........

I wish the guy well......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tarik Cohen collapsed with a heel injury streaming a work out.....:

Tall about bad luck.......
Not sure if its the end of his career,but a significant injury may just put him out rest of this up and coming season and hinder a job in the future.........

I wish the guy well......
Gonna be really, really tough for the guy to come back from this. Just in general a torn Achilles is a nasty ass injury, but to a RB who relies on quick cuts and a lot of stop-n-go, it could be a career stopper.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cannoli!!!!!!!

Up until this, the highest I saw where the Bears were predicted to draft next year has been the 3rd pick, as projected by the Walter Football website. Almost everyone and his grandmammy have our boyz in the top 10, with most hovering around the 5-7 spots. But the top pick???? The vast majority of even the most diehard Bear fans believe we're in for a losing season, but the absolute worst record in the NFL....with our schedule to boot??? Sorry, but that dog ain't gonna hunt.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy cannoli!!!!!!!

Up until this, the highest I saw where the Bears were predicted to draft next year has been the 3rd pick, as projected by the Walter Football website. Almost everyone and his grandmammy have our boyz in the top 10, with most hovering around the 5-7 spots. But the top pick???? The vast majority of even the most diehard Bear fans believe we're in for a losing season, but the absolute worst record in the NFL....with our schedule to boot??? Sorry, but that dog ain't gonna hunt.

Well,I see a 6 win season at the very best.......

I think this is one of t he worst off seasons Ive ever seen,I dont think we did one single thing to help our team out at all for next season.......not one.....

But to get the very top pick.........nahhhhhh

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,I see a 6 win season at the very best.......

I think this is one of t he worst off seasons Ive ever seen,I dont think we did one single thing to help our team out at all for next season.......not one.....

But to get the very top pick.........nahhhhhh
6 wins is pretty much in my orbit as well. Possible we could do better, but equally possible, if not more so, that we could win fewer. But the absolute worst record? Especially with that generous schedule? Imposserous!!!

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could easily end up with the worst record. A couple of key injuries with our brittle depth chart and we are done. Our shitty oline could easily lead to Fields getting hurt. To think this possibility is somehow outrageous shows incredible stupidity.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 is a surety.

Top 5 is probable.

Top 3 is possible.

#1 is unlikely, but not out of the realm.

We are going to stink.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could easily end up with the worst record. A couple of key injuries with our brittle depth chart and we are done. Our shitty oline could easily lead to Fields getting hurt. To think this possibility is somehow outrageous shows incredible stupidity.
Well Corky, if ifs and butts were candy & nuts....of course there's always the possibility of injuries ravaging our roster, and that naturally applies to other teams as well. Duh.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 wins is pretty much in my orbit as well. Possible we could do better, but equally possible, if not more so, that we could win fewer. But the absolute worst record? Especially with that generous schedule? Imposserous!!!
If we win less than 6 games. We also are back in the market for a QB. It doesn't happen without Fields proving himself as an incompetent NFL QB in the process. Something to chew on...

If Fields is what all hope/think. This team has no business being THAT bad in 2022.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 is a surety.

Top 5 is probable.

Top 3 is possible.

#1 is unlikely, but not out of the realm.

We are going to stink.
So, you believe firmly that Justin Fields has no future in the NFL as a starter then? You're pretty much openly saying that with this post.

You are never a "surefire" top ten pick and potentially top three with a QB who A) isn't a rookie... and B) isn't indisputably incompetent.

I would throw your vote into the "Fields is a bust" category. Then again, I sort of believe this is just a "Jiddy being Jiddy" kind of a thing. Where you don't really think things through entirely.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win less than 6 games. We also are back in the market for a QB. It doesn't happen without Fields proving himself as an incompetent NFL QB in the process. Something to chew on...

If Fields is what all hope/think. This team has no business being THAT bad in 2022.
Too many X factors richi to state that anything fewer than 6 wins automatically means we're back on the QB hunt. Injuries, super close games, bad defense, bad coaching, bad OL protection, drops, fumbles, penalties......the list goes on. All these and then some could impact our final record that wouldn't necessarily result in the Bears having to go with another QB.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Corky, if ifs and butts were candy & nuts....of course there's always the possibility of injuries ravaging our roster, and that naturally applies to other teams as well. Duh.

It's better than just a possibility and it's certainly not outrageous as you're making it out to be. What if Fields isn't the guy? The way you throw it out there like it's impossible is stupid. It's very possible. You're just too dumb to figure it out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's better than just a possibility and it's certainly not outrageous as you're making it out to be. What if Fields isn't the guy? The way you throw it out there like it's impossible is stupid. It's very possible. You're just too dumb to figure it out.
**sigh** As the old saying goes..........

1653022028450.png