• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears Offseason

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure this has been discussed at length in here, but just curious if any of you think Roquan's time as a Bear is coming to an end?

Him holding out doesn't mean they are letting him go anytime soon. Vets hold out all the time. The Bears will pay him eventually because he's one of the best in the league at what he does and he's going to be tremendously valuable in a Cover 2 style defense.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears signed Riley Reiff......if he's healthy he's probably you're starting LT.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him holding out doesn't mean they are letting him go anytime soon. Vets hold out all the time. The Bears will pay him eventually because he's one of the best in the league at what he does and he's going to be tremendously valuable in a Cover 2 style defense.
I understand that. Just curious what the market & Bears cap situation is looking like. Seems like an easy decision to make him highest paid ILB.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. Just curious what the market & Bears cap situation is looking like. Seems like an easy decision to make him highest paid ILB.

Cap space isn't an issue right now. If Fields pans out and some of the other younger guys on the roster do well it'll obviously be tighter in the future.

Roquan likely is a Lance Briggs type linebacker in the defense the Bears are gonna run. He's not a guy you can let walk away.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roquan reported to camp. He might still be a hold in....physically at camp but not participating in some or all on field activities.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roquan reported to camp. He might still be a hold in....physically at camp but not participating in some or all on field activities.
And Brisker ended his brief holdout. And Quinn has ended his holdout and will report to camp. Boyz wanna get paid.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears signed Riley Reiff......if he's healthy he's probably you're starting LT.
Make no mistake about it, even after these two recent OL signings, this is hardly the makings of an all star line. But it does seem like we at least have some depth for a change.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make no mistake about it, even after these two recent OL signings, this is hardly the makings of an all star line. But it does seem like we at least have some depth for a change.

Provided there are no major injuries they are currently in better shape than they were last year at this time. It’s not super impressive by any means but I feel better about it today than I did a week ago.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nice to see we got a few more beefcakes. Obviously not the cream of the crop, but it was such a glaring need we're pretty lucky we were able to do anything there at this point in the offseason.

I really hope Teven Jenkins pans out. His coming into his own would really take a massive chunk out of our o-line needs. It would also give us the capability to make a more diverse approach when we hit the big bucks spending of next offseason. He and Fields take off and the narrative could change pretty dramatically.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, nice to see we got a few more beefcakes. Obviously not the cream of the crop, but it was such a glaring need we're pretty lucky we were able to do anything there at this point in the offseason.

I really hope Teven Jenkins pans out. His coming into his own would really take a massive chunk out of our o-line needs. It would also give us the capability to make a more diverse approach when we hit the big bucks spending of next offseason. He and Fields take off and the narrative could change pretty dramatically.
There has been an ever-growing suspicion in me that the Bears O is going to be better than many folks have opined thruout the offseason. However, this is offset by the same suspicion that our D is going to be worse. I don't think we've done enough to bolster our front 7.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this turns out to be true, what a waste of a draft pick:

At this point it's strictly a rumor, but missing what is now 5 straight practices for non-injury reasons pretty much cements this as a fact. Poles will be lucky if he was to get anything earlier than a 7th or perhaps a conditional 6th. Terrible ROI for a 2nd rounder, and for which it was traded up to land him. Fucking Pace, good riddance.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point it's strictly a rumor, but missing what is now 5 straight practices for non-injury reasons pretty much cements this as a fact. Poles will be lucky if he was to get anything earlier than a 7th or perhaps a conditional 6th. Terrible ROI for a 2nd rounder, and for which it was traded up to land him. Fucking Pace, good riddance.

But why? I thought he was high potential?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I knew the moment that the news hit of the back injury that this pick was fucked.

I loved it up until that moment. Didn't understood why he fell so far. Never had the air sucked out of my excitement over a player so quickly.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been an ever-growing suspicion in me that the Bears O is going to be better than many folks have opined thruout the offseason. However, this is offset by the same suspicion that our D is going to be worse. I don't think we've done enough to bolster our front 7.
I sort of like our secondary, and I am starting to become optimistic that our offense will be respectable. But yes... in order for the team to actually compete in any meaningful way. It would require a surprise or two in terms of pass rushers.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sort of like our secondary, and I am starting to become optimistic that our offense will be respectable. But yes... in order for the team to actually compete in any meaningful way. It would require a surprise or two in terms of pass rushers.

While it's almost a given our secondary is going to have some mishaps this season due to youth/turnover...Communication and experience is what it is...It would be a massive disappointment if it isn't a rock solid unit by 2023 and taking shape as this season progresses.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still holding out hope on Jenkins ftr. I WANT THAT BIG NERD TO RULE ASS FOR US.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still holding out hope on Jenkins ftr. I WANT THAT BIG NERD TO RULE ASS FOR US.
was again a no show for today's camp.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was again a no show for today's camp.
I honestly don't know what to make of this guy. Agree with others here that the kid has the physical talent, but it's sounding more and more as if his head is just not there. Plus throw in the fact that he seems to be injury prone. I don't know, I'm having a hard time seeing something positive coming out of all this. Hope I'm wrong.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know what to make of this guy. Agree with others here that the kid has the physical talent, but it's sounding more and more as if his head is just not there. Plus throw in the fact that he seems to be injury prone. I don't know, I'm having a hard time seeing something positive coming out of all this. Hope I'm wrong.
Your not alone.