• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Bears Offseason

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many X factors richi to state that anything fewer than 6 wins automatically means we're back on the QB hunt. Injuries, super close games, bad defense, bad coaching, bad OL protection, drops, fumbles, penalties......the list goes on. All these and then some could impact our final record that wouldn't necessarily result in the Bears having to go with another QB.
Who has been a successful QB in this league, this side of the millennium, that has seen his first two seasons be utter shit shows?

I'm sorry. But... players play. Good QB's play good football. Period. They may not always post gaudy individual numbers or make the postseason. However, they don't finish at the bottom of the league two years in a row because of what's going on around them either.

Too many QB's get this Sam Darnold like leash for too long. If Fields is what we hope him to be... he (at the very least) inspires hope for us in 2022.

If he plays anything resembling a full season and we win 4-5 games? I am basically done with Fields.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has been a successful QB in this league, this side of the millennium, that has seen his first two seasons be utter shit shows?

I'm sorry. But... players play. Good QB's play good football. Period. They may not always post gaudy individual numbers or make the postseason. However, they don't finish at the bottom of the league two years in a row because of what's going on around them either.

Too many QB's get this Sam Darnold like leash for too long. If Fields is what we hope him to be... he (at the very least) inspires hope for us in 2022.

If he plays anything resembling a full season and we win 4-5 games? I am basically done with Fields.
On your very first sentence, I actually agree. I'm certainly not arguing that if Fields has a really crappy season that this could possibly result in the Bears looking elsewhere. What I'm saying is a lot could go wrong with our season that doesn't necessarily equate to Fields playing like shit. We're not a very good team. We have few stars. We have little depth. There's new management, new coaching, new game plans. I just feel it would be premature to state in advance that a bad record auto-equates to a lousy year by Fields. Let's not put the cart before the horse here (I just love tired old clichés).

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we win less than 6 games. We also are back in the market for a QB. It doesn't happen without Fields proving himself as an incompetent NFL QB in the process. Something to chew on...

If Fields is what all hope/think. This team has no business being THAT bad in 2022.

I dont believe we would be back in the qb hunt......
Iits kinda hard to fly like an eagle when you surround yourself with turkeys......

We did nothing to help the offense......nothing.
We have no oline nor wrs to work with........Maybe Mooney can step up to be a true no.1,but Im not holding my breath.....
Our team shouldve spent time figuring out how to get those two positions filled before anything else........Instead we just drafted 2 dbs a 25 yr old wr and signed bottom rate freeagents to fill a team rather than help out our future qb that we traded up to get a year earlier.......jpd

Last edited:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drew Brees
Warren Moon
Fran Tarkenton
Dan Fouts

…or should I be fair and use non hall of famers like Phil Simms and good ol Dandy Don Meredith? Do seasons 3 and later count? I see somebody brought up Stafford already in that regard.

You’re the guy that thought Rodgers was done cuz the Packers threw up a few stinker seasons a few years back. I’ll be taking your assessments of future QB production with a large grain of salt.

Every team and player situation is unique. It looks really bad on paper for the 2023 Bears. Not sure how that isn’t obvious to you or anyone else. Maybe they’ll surprise us and if that happens it will 100% be Fields…but even with that nicety occurring the ceiling is very very low.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that make you go hmmm....

May as well as to trade him...........Theres no reason to keep him anymore either..

This team is already a shit show.....Might just as well as to go for the top pick now.......

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we tanked....lol

Guess we're going to have to do it the more "noble" way. Because nobility is important in the NFL. Where's my tiny violin?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we tanked....lol

Guess we're going to have to do it the more "noble" way. Because nobility is important in the NFL. Where's my tiny violin?

That was more of a jokingly manner into which how bad this season is actually gonna be.....

No doubt we will have a top 10 pick......and probably a top 5.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears could win 3, maybe 4 games next season. May be too many for a number one pick.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only we tanked....lol

1653164064659.gif

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was more of a jokingly manner into which how bad this season is actually gonna be.....

No doubt we will have a top 10 pick......and probably a top 5.

But not a #1, that would be preposterous. Especially "with our schedule". Some idiots actually said this. I forgot who.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not a #1, that would be preposterous. Especially "with our schedule". Some idiots actually said this. I forgot who.
Correction, I said imposserous. Get your adjectives right Corky.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees
Warren Moon
Fran Tarkenton
Dan Fouts

…or should I be fair and use non hall of famers like Phil Simms and good ol Dandy Don Meredith? Do seasons 3 and later count? I see somebody brought up Stafford already in that regard.

You’re the guy that thought Rodgers was done cuz the Packers threw up a few stinker seasons a few years back. I’ll be taking your assessments of future QB production with a large grain of salt.

Every team and player situation is unique. It looks really bad on paper for the 2023 Bears. Not sure how that isn’t obvious to you or anyone else. Maybe they’ll surprise us and if that happens it will 100% be Fields…but even with that nicety occurring the ceiling is very very low.
I said this side of the millennium. You found a grand total of ONE in Drew Brees. Who was drafted over 20 years ago. I'm sure that's the norm and not an exception, though. LMAO. Nice try.

And Rodgers was not playing good for a couple of years. He rallied and had a couple of MVP seasons. Not sure what this has to do with the conversation. I must be really good at this, if that's how far back you have to go. I love it.

Stafford and the Lions went to the playoffs and had a top offense in 2011. His second season starting (hurt week 1 2010).

You seem like you would be a good dude to have a beer with. But... man... You're a fucking moron sometimes, Jiddy. You cannot possibly think we're going to be this poor and also reasonably believe Fields is the guy.

It NEVER happens. If we are THAT bad where we're pushing for the #1 pick. Fields, in all likelihood, sucks. End of conversation. You have no leg to stand on.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Jiddy Not to mention, Brees first season the Chargers went 8-8. lol. Not exactly a dumpster fire season. Again, you do try, though. It's cute.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this side of the millennium. You found a grand total of ONE in Drew Brees. Who was drafted over 20 years ago. I'm sure that's the norm and not an exception, though. LMAO. Nice try.

And Rodgers was not playing good for a couple of years. He rallied and had a couple of MVP seasons. Not sure what this has to do with the conversation. I must be really good at this, if that's how far back you have to go. I love it.

Stafford and the Lions went to the playoffs and had a top offense in 2011. His second season starting (hurt week 1 2010).

You seem like you would be a good dude to have a beer with. But... man... You're a fucking moron sometimes, Jiddy. You cannot possibly think we're going to be this poor and also reasonably believe Fields is the guy.

It NEVER happens. If we are THAT bad where we're pushing for the #1 pick. Fields, in all likelihood, sucks. End of conversation. You have no leg to stand on.

Stafford and the Lions made the playoffs in his 3rd season after starting 3-10 his first two season........Stafford had 4 winning seasons,8 losing seasons......

Detroit was never a team that scared anyone in the NFL.....

Staff had a HOF wr in Calvin Johnson,Justin Fields does not......
Stafford actually had promise,such as Fields does........

As soon as Stafford was surrounded by a team,SB winning qb........

Its gonna take more than this upcoming season to decide where Fields stands as our qb......

Get that guy some help before we make hasty decisions......

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean...It's pretty convenient that you are creating this phantom "2nd year as a starter in the Brady Era" statistic as if it matters to our situation. Of course being the sucker I am I actually fell right into it and bothered for a moment rather than just meme'ing yo azz...and for that I hold deep regret. As I said in my last post, don't the years beyond year 2 matter? Why is it unreasonable that a good quarterback's team can have a bad season? Look at the tea leaves man.

The 2022 Chicago Bears are significantly talent-starved. They lost their best player on defense-Mack (Well, unless you're a Roquan Chad)...AND on offense-Robinson. Did they really leapfrog any teams with their draft? Highly unlikely. They didn't even have a first rounder. They did virtually nothing in the offseason. We were a 6-11 win team to start. They have replaced HALF of their starters. I mean...We have a lack of talent and, more importantly, cohesion due to this crazy turnover. It's going to be serious growing pains out there.

I mean...If Justin Fields IS a future HOF SUPER STUD WHO DAT QB? You're telling me that even at that level he's going to carry this team past, oh, 7 wins? That's ridiculous. But he isn't going to be that where he just has consistent production from game to game like a grizzled vet. He's still a pup, in a new system and there's going to be LOTS of errors...that which our team will not be able to overcome because we ain't got the firepower. Way too many factors are working against him.

Tons of good QB's out there have posted some pretty bad wins and losses.

Hell, I remember Kurt f*cking Warner being BENCHED for Josh McCown and Matt Leinart because the Cardinals were f*cking sh*tty. Man they had some retards at the helm...lolCardinals. That's possibly you in 9 months if we go 4-13? Really? (Well, probably not to that degree although I'd sh*t bricks if Fields put up a Warner type career...but I want this as a reality just so I can call you the Bench Justin Fields and Kurt Warner guy)

I mean...Off the top of my head I can think of good QB's that put up some pretty sh*tty win losses...Ryan...Rivers...Smokin' Jay (*tears*)...

There's no way you can tell me that we're going to fly off the charts if a guy like Aaron Rodgers can't overcome a team's sh*ttiness to get to .500.

It's gonna be ugly in the W/L column. No doubt about it. As for Fields? Time will tell...but our 2022 W/L record will not be the determination of his future.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article has 8 takeaways from the early OTAs to date, altho it actually lists 9. One of them tho isn't really a takeaway, it's a poll as to whether or not Kmet will hit the 800 yard mark in yardage.

Nothing mind bending here, the usual fluff. The only "controversy" is JJ working with the 2nd unit. I'd officially label this as a nothing burger.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks gone to the Bucs. Not surprising, but glad to see he's at least on a team that's got a shot at winning.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hicks gone to the Bucs. Not surprising, but glad to see he's at least on a team that's got a shot at winning.
If he can stay healthy, he'll definitely be a factor. But that's a huge IF.