• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL releases new COVID protocols

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it's not 100% why force it on those who are fully against any vaccine?

Look at it this way, those vaccinated can go out into public and risk getting covid, because it's not 100% effective yet they wont allow those who are againts vaccines go out, with no proof a vaccinated player can bring back covid and give it to guys not allowed to leave.
I understand the argument and i'm not unsympathetic. I 'm hearing impaired and have no desire to waste money on a mobile phone to text and receive messages. However, Microsoft and most of the big companies I have any sort of account with now insist on my having a mobile number to which they can send security codes that I can verify so they 'know' who they are dealing with. It defeats the purpose of having an email address and web chat.

Nothing in life is 100%. All evidence suggests unvaccinated people are more likely to contract and pass on the the virus. 1st jab vaccinations are less likely to contract and pass on the virus. Fully vaccinated people are least likely to contract and pass on the virus. The bottom line is that NFL owners have billions of dollars on the line and they don't want it messed up by people taking risks. Re-arranged games cost revenue and annoy fans, especially those who are planning trips to see games in 2021.

I understand the anti-vaxxers. I've had the 1st jab and I responded badly to it. I was still having headaches 5 weeks after the jab. I'm not looking forward to my 2nd jab.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, 3 Vikings are un-vaccinated. Kirk Cousins, Adam Thielen and Harrison Smith. All are supposed to be team leaders and I think all of them should be stripped of their captaincy if they're planning on putting their politics over the team.
If the election had gone the other way last November, would you still feel the same way about those who don't trust this crop of shots? I was looking forward to a vaccine to put this all behind us, but after looking at the reports and realizing how this was rushed through by two administrations, how can anyone claim it's political? I don't want these untested shots under Biden, and I wouldn't want them under Trump either.

I have taken all my recommend shots since I was born 74 years ago. I've had measles and was exposed to polio before we had the Salk vaccine. I generally get a flu shot every year. I'm usually only reminded of it when the bandaid falls off in the shower.

No, I don't trust the current crop of mRNA shots. This is new technology, at least for human injections. It has NOT had the benefit of testing vaccines have traditionally been subjected to. So, excuse me if I wait a while. The NovaVax vaccine is more old-school, and when that's released I might actually get it, mostly to avoid the hell the government and the sheeple are putting people through over getting vaccinated.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, if I'm the NFL any comfirmed covid infection would mandate 14 days quarantine with that loss of pay.

Example, player tests positive, he misses 48 hours, gets 2nd test, if not positive, he's back, if positive he has 12 more days of quarantine. He will need to test on day 10 with a negative test to return but he's still out 2 more days regardless of that 3rd test results.

It gives them freedom, but it will highly encourage they take every precaution when out and about.
I would give the players the benefit of the doubt, particularly if they come back and test negative after 48 hours. These tests have a very high false positive rate, which has been used to push an agenda since it started. If you test negative after 48 hours, you didn't have Covid even if the test said you did.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Springsteen can demand that not only do you need to be vaccinated to see him perform but it must be a Springsteen approved brand then the NFL can demand it's players get vaccinated. Nobody has to watch Springsteen or play in the NFL.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Springsteen can demand that not only do you need to be vaccinated to see him perform but it must be a Springsteen approved brand then the NFL can demand it's players get vaccinated. Nobody has to watch Springsteen or play in the NFL.
Fuck Bruce and his DUI.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the only reason I got the covid vaccine. Constant nagging by the wife as she is high risk . I also had covid and I have been much sicker in the past when I had the flu and most colds are worse than covid as well.

Your wife is at risk of dying from this easily preventable virus, and the only reason you got the vaccine is because she nagged you?

Jesus.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it's not 100% why force it on those who are fully against any vaccine?

Look at it this way, those vaccinated can go out into public and risk getting covid, because it's not 100% effective yet they wont allow those who are againts vaccines go out, with no proof a vaccinated player can bring back covid and give it to guys not allowed to leave.
It's pretty close to 100%, if you get the Pfizer and Moderna. We're talking about the 90% range.

You're also need to consider the new and more deadly variance coming out in the fall. Beasely's refusal to get the vaccine is putting himself and the rest of the people around him at risk. We all may need to get booster shots in the fall or winter, because we have irresponsible people like Beasely out there.

The NFL is putting in these protocols to protect Beasely, the players, the people who work in the sports industry, and its paying customers. Nobody is forcing Beasely to be a responsible human being. All what we're saying is that unvaxxed people have to follow different rules than vaxxed players. He needs to stop whining, go to Wegmans and get a vaccination. It's absolutely maddening that these people exist and prolonging the Covid19 crisis.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing in life is 100%. All evidence suggests unvaccinated people are more likely to contract and pass on the the virus. 1st jab vaccinations are less likely to contract and pass on the virus. Fully vaccinated people are least likely to contract and pass on the virus. The bottom line is that NFL owners have billions of dollars on the line and they don't want it messed up by people taking risks. Re-arranged games cost revenue and annoy fans, especially those who are planning trips to see games in 2021.
This is correct. The reality here is simple: the more a virus spreads from person-to-person, the worse it gets. In the fall, there's probably going to be a worse variance and scientists are wondering if we all have to take booster shots. To have unvaxxed players, means that these people have a high risk of contacting covid19, particularly the new and more deadly virus. They could pass the virus off to others. Why would Beasely want to put the Bills in jeopardy of winning their first Super Bowl, all because he doesn't believe in vaccines? It's just insane.

I perfectly understand there are some people who get awful reactions to vaccines. They have to go the emergency room. They have to take pain medication. These are people who should get a pass. But that doesn't sound like Beasely. His statements show he's extremely ignorant when it comes to science.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s either going to get vaccinated, or not play.

He isn’t the caliber of player that gets to do individual things. I’d assume he would get cut before he “retired”.

Golden Tate is still a FA. As are other guys that can do what Beasley does. Not hard to replace a small, 32 year old receiver.

I’m not vaccinated either. But I don’t rant about hypotheticals over it.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s either going to get vaccinated, or not play.

He isn’t the caliber of player that gets to do individual things. I’d assume he would get cut before he “retired”.

Golden Tate is still a FA. As are other guys that can do what Beasley does. Not hard to replace a small, 32 year old receiver.

I’m not vaccinated either. But I don’t rant about hypotheticals over it.
He can still play, he just has to stick to last years covid procedures, while vaccinated players get a lot more freedom.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can still play, he just has to stick to last years covid procedures, while vaccinated players get a lot more freedom.
He will get vaccinated.

Or he won’t play.

They already brought in Manny Sanders. They will bring in somebody else too if they need to. There won’t be an anti vaxx distraction from an aging slot receiver.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty close to 100%, if you get the Pfizer and Moderna. We're talking about the 90% range.

You're also need to consider the new and more deadly variance coming out in the fall. Beasely's refusal to get the vaccine is putting himself and the rest of the people around him at risk. We all may need to get booster shots in the fall or winter, because we have irresponsible people like Beasely out there.

The NFL is putting in these protocols to protect Beasely, the players, the people who work in the sports industry, and its paying customers. Nobody is forcing Beasely to be a responsible human being. All what we're saying is that unvaxxed people have to follow different rules than vaxxed players. He needs to stop whining, go to Wegmans and get a vaccination. It's absolutely maddening that these people exist and prolonging the Covid19 crisis.
In all honesty if my wife wasn't high risk, I'm most likely not vaccinated, since I rarely get sick, and when I do it's not so bad I cant operate. Other than some body pains I'm on the very healthy side for a 55+ side of life person.

If i caught covid I'm very positive I'd beat it with rest and liquids. Of course it could beat me, but if so I wouldn't care anymore.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still try & figure out the legalities of demanding to know if you are vaccinated or not.
I mean when Aids & HIV came out. A much more serious disease. You didnt have to let employers know you had it. because your rights were protected from showing your medical.
If when you were a baby & your parents didnt have you get a vaccine then. No one knows if you had that vaccine. Nor do you have to disclose that.
Outside of us living in a world right now where people want you to do what they want vs. what is your right. How is any of this different?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still try & figure out the legalities of demanding to know if you are vaccinated or not.
I mean when Aids & HIV came out. A much more serious disease. You didnt have to let employers know you had it. because your rights were protected from showing your medical.
If when you were a baby & your parents didnt have you get a vaccine then. No one knows if you had that vaccine. Nor do you have to disclose that.
Outside of us living in a world right now where people want you to do what they want vs. what is your right. How is any of this different?
I remember having to provide proof of several vaccines prior to being allowed on my college campus.

A majority of states will legally allow employers to do the same.

AIDS is blood-borne/sexually transmitted. Not the same risks involved with its transmission.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty if my wife wasn't high risk, I'm most likely not vaccinated, since I rarely get sick, and when I do it's not so bad I cant operate. Other than some body pains I'm on the very healthy side for a 55+ side of life person.

If i caught covid I'm very positive I'd beat it with rest and liquids. Of course it could beat me, but if so I wouldn't care anymore.
I do have a major problem with that mindset. The point of getting the vaccine is to stop the spread of the virus from person-to-person. Lets face it, you interact with more people than just your wife. I got the vaccine because I wanted to protect not just my family, but the country as well. The Anti-Vaxxers are putting the country at risk, essentially prolonging it and giving birth to the more deadly strand. I am glad you got it. I just think your logical reasons are way off. This is why I have a gigantic problem with Beasely and others who are refusing to get the vaccine.

Lets remember that if you want to go to Africa, you need to get vaccinated. When kids go to public schools, they need to get vaccinated. The NFL's policy should be MANDATED vaccines. I would provide a small window for those who get severe reactions to shots, but other than that, there's no excuse. But in reality, the NFL is going easy on anti-vaxxers like Beasely, who poses a gigantic health risk. The guy needs to get his shot and focus on winning football games.