• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL releases new COVID protocols

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chart summarizing the differences for vaccinated and unvaccinated players in this article:

Some of the differences include unvaccinated players being required to wear masks, get tested daily, and not allowed to eat or travel with the rest of the team.

I disagree with Cole Beasley's take on this. The NFL is just taking steps to "encourage" players to get vaccinated. Nothing wrong with that. Anyone who chooses to remain unvaccinated has recognize that actions have consequences.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, 3 Vikings are un-vaccinated. Kirk Cousins, Adam Thielen and Harrison Smith. All are supposed to be team leaders and I think all of them should be stripped of their captaincy if they're planning on putting their politics over the team.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those restrictions are kinda harsh, but that's exactly what I would do if I was in the NFL's position or in the position of a coach or GM.

You can't force these guys to get the vaccine, but you can make things way harder for them if they don't. Last year everybody was at risk so the league was more generous delaying games. They won't do that this year with the vaccine out. They are going to be much more likely to force a forfeit rather than deal with a big reschedule. If that's the case I'd be fucking pissed as a coach or GM if my team lost a game because a handful of dudes didn't get the vaccine and then banged some local hookers and brought COVID back to the team.

It seems like Beasley gets that part, he just doesn't like that the NFLPA pretty much let this happen and basically sided with the owners. I guess I sort of understand why he's upset there.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, 3 Vikings are un-vaccinated. Kirk Cousins, Adam Thielen and Harrison Smith. All are supposed to be team leaders and I think all of them should be stripped of their captaincy if they're planning on putting their politics over the team.
Fuckin' white people man.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they are being leaders....

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vaccination is crucial for herd immunity. Don’t believe all the doomsday scenarios / conspiracy theories about genetic disorder. It’s just another vaccine, man.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many NFL players actually got sick last year? How many staff members?

I don't mean the "positive test" crap. I mean really being sick, like missing practice and being told to stay home, or maybe being hospitalized.

Really, last year there was no vaccine. If there was no significant real infection last year in the healthier athletic types, then why should anyone expect the unvaccinated to do any worse this year?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so now Players have to allow their medical to be public, to be apart of the team? Not sure how that will play out.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having something put into your body. That doesnt register as Political to me.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for some people, anyone who does not comply with a number of things is automatically given the label of supporting a certain politician.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm vaccinated because my wife is high risk, if she wasn't I doubt I'd have gotten stuck

I'm not an antivaxer, but I do think the annual flu shot is ridiculous. I might get one of those every 6 or 7 years just to get my wife to STFU about it.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not really and everyone has a choice but this shit is a bit different from mumps, measles, polio and that shit. This was a gift from China and has affected the globe. Sadly, there's no payback for China because of money but it's there nonetheless. From my standpoint, those who have been vaccinated with the top rated vaccines like America has, have now returned to a pretty normal life. People in places like India aren't so lucky because they have shit ass vaccines like the one produced in China. So far the success rate is fairly obvious and I expect the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines will get final approval in about 6 months and calm things down. Right now, emotion is high and people who don't want vaccines have never been under a more powerful microscope. In the end, the places thay are allowed to travel to may shrink a bit but they may not even care.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many football players have been suspended or otherwise taken shit for stuff found in their bodies that Roger Goofdell didn't approve of? Now they're not only telling players what NOT to take, but also telling them what they MUST take.

After all the guys who have gotten fucked up on roids and CTE for the sake of this sport, how can this fucking league insist on another poorly tested drug as a condition of employment? Suppose the long term effects of these drugs are like CTE and otherwise straight living guys like Junior Sean or Ken Stabler are left to rot like vegetables in nursing homes?

I love this sport, but after hearing my daughter's boyfriend, middle linebacker, saying how much smarter he felt after his high school football career ended, I'm already concerned for the futures of these players.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are correct on that. RFK was a liberal anti-vaxxer. But in these cases of the players on my team, it seems to be either righties or religious guys. Or both.

I'll give it to the Vikings players in that they aren't bitching about the restrictions like Beasley is.

But whatever their reason, it is putting themselves ahead of the team for something that is way less dangerous than playing professional football or actually getting COVID.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many football players have been suspended or otherwise taken shit for stuff found in their bodies that Roger Goofdell didn't approve of? Now they're not only telling players what NOT to take, but also telling them what they MUST take.

After all the guys who have gotten fucked up on roids and CTE for the sake of this sport, how can this fucking league insist on another poorly tested drug as a condition of employment? Suppose the long term effects of these drugs are like CTE and otherwise straight living guys like Junior Sean or Ken Stabler are left to rot like vegetables in nursing homes?

I love this sport, but after hearing my daughter's boyfriend, middle linebacker, saying how much smarter he felt after his high school football career ended, I'm already concerned for the futures of these players.
NFL management isn't forcing anybody to take anything. They're just making things more inconvenient for the players who voluntarily choose to not be vaccinated. As business owners, that's their right. The players can still go to work and get their paychecks.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all the guys who have gotten fucked up on roids and CTE for the sake of this sport, how can this fucking league insist on another poorly tested drug as a condition of employment?
The vaccine was not poorly tested. It was widely tested, and found safe. The NFL also didn't insist on it as a condition of employment. They're just not going out of their way to accommodate players who don't get vaccinated. Those players can choose whether or not to take the risks and travel/practice/play with the team.
Suppose the long term effects of these drugs are like CTE and otherwise straight living guys like Junior Sean or Ken Stabler are left to rot like vegetables in nursing homes?
Then it would be the first vaccine in the history of mankind to have dire long-term effects, as far as I know.
The talent pool for football will diminish over time, because of CTE, parental concerns, and other factors.