• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the NFL Require All Players and Staffs to Be Vaccinated Against Covid ??

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six teams have notified the NFL that they will not hold Voluntary OTAs.

Players are complaining that they do not want to take part for fear of being exposed to Covid.

1. Should the league REQUIRE every player and all Team Staffs to be vaccinated before a certain date?
2. Should any player who refuses to be vaccinated be suspended without pay?
3. Should vaccinated players be forced to play with nor against players who refuse?

Refusal to be vaccinated is a problem if this pandemic gets any worse. Right now, children seem to be affected to a lesser degree than adults, but all that needs to happen is a variant of a variant devlops or mutates and then kids will start dying by the thousands. The largest spread of disease is when kids pick up something at school and bring it home.

Comments? Complaints?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you want you kids to get measles, chicken px or polio at school?
We require kids to get vaccinated to attend school don't we?

Still, if we get vaccinated for flu to protect ourselves,
we don't force everybody get get vaccinated do we?

Yes, I know I didn't answer your question......

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully I don't know the answer to this. Every player is different and what will the union do?

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truthfully I don't know the answer to this. Every player is different and what will the union do?
I have a hard time seeing a way around the union contract on this. I an not really sure about the labor laws allowing mandates either.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. California doesn't require children to be vaccinated. I know that there are other states. Back in the old days, 1950's to be exact, we got vaccinations and shots at school. I know it was done up until 1962 when I left elementary school and went to Junior High School, or what they call middle school today. The government paid for them.

I never got chicken pox, mumps or measles when I was a kid. I got vaccines later in my fifties. After I came down with shingles and the doc said it was because I never had chicken pox. The only thing I had was the German Measles when I was 2 and nearly died. I get everything I can get now.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. California doesn't require children to be vaccinated. I know that there are other states. Back in the old days, 1950's to be exact, we got vaccinations and shots at school. I know it was done up until 1962 when I left elementary school and went to Junior High School, or what they call middle school today. The government paid for them.

I never got chicken pox, mumps or measles when I was a kid. I got vaccines later in my fifties. After I came down with shingles and the doc said it was because I never had chicken pox. The only thing I had was the German Measles when I was 2 and nearly died. I get everything I can get now.

California children aren't in Chicago Sunday, New York Thursday etc

Can;t even walk into a Thrift shop without answering questions a mask and have your temp taken, this is a serious situation. NFL needs to do all they can, I have my two shots, no big deal at all,

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are voluntary OTAs any different from regular preseason or just playing football? If you're afraid of getting Covid at OTAs, why not boycott the whole season?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Californistan doesn't count. I'm not talking about 3rd world countries.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Players are complaining that they do not want to take part for fear of being exposed to Covid.

1. Should the league REQUIRE every player and all Team Staffs to be vaccinated before a certain date?
3. Should vaccinated players be forced to play with nor against players who refuse?

Refusal to be vaccinated is a problem if this pandemic gets any worse. Right now, children seem to be affected to a lesser degree than adults, but all that needs to happen is a variant of a variant devlops or mutates and then kids will start dying by the thousands. The largest spread of disease is when kids pick up something at school and bring it home.

Comments? Complaints?

1. No, but they could recommend it.
2. No. They expose themselves at their own risk knowing not all players may be vaccinated.
3. No. Don't want to play against both vaccinated and unvaccinated players, go play xbox.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you want you kids to get measles, chicken px or polio at school?

Still, if we get vaccinated for flu to protect ourselves,
we don't force everybody get get vaccinated do we?

Yes, I know I didn't answer your question......
I got every vaccine there was when I was a kid, and I ate peanut butter before I was 21 too.
My kids have gotten every vaccine available including HPV.

Except Covid.
Yet.

I will and they will when the vaccines have been perfected.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got every vaccine there was when I was a kid, and I ate peanut butter before I was 21 too.
My kids have gotten every vaccine available including HPV.

Except Covid.
Yet.

I will and they will when the vaccines have been perfected.
I got my 2nd shot a week ago. Now I get to go visit my grandchildren. Perfect!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No for some people this is a religious or spiritual belief, others feel they don't trust the vaccine yet , people have the right to choose

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comments? Complaints?
I don't think the league should require vaccines. Just give them a simple choice: get the vaccine and keep collecting your paycheck; or opt out without compensation.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know what percentage of current player have been jabbed? Coaches and staff? Knowing these numbers could help us and them make a informed decision.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody know what percentage of current player have been jabbed? Coaches and staff? Knowing these numbers could help us and them make a informed decision.
I would venture to say that the teams know more than they're letting on. It's been a regular concern of the present administration that only 15% of African Americans have shown up for their appointment to be vaccinated. Blacks in the U.S. believe that they have been the human guinea pigs for most medical developments. True or not.

While 99'9% of players in the NFL have played college football, only about 50% ever attended a class. About 25% have attained a degree. This is a major reason why so many professional athletes have become bankrupt after amassing huge amounts of money during their careers. That's an argument for a another thread.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would venture to say that the teams know more than they're letting on. It's been a regular concern of the present administration that only 15% of African Americans have shown up for their appointment to be vaccinated. Blacks in the U.S. believe that they have been the human guinea pigs for most medical developments. True or not.

While 99'9% of players in the NFL have played college football, only about 50% ever attended a class. About 25% have attained a degree. This is a major reason why so many professional athletes have become bankrupt after amassing huge amounts of money during their careers. That's an argument for a another thread.
Making up shit again? While I do (kind of) agree that football players get away with things in the classroom, about half the players in the NFL have a degree.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comments? Complaints?
The answer is no. They can’t REQUIRE it and elite athletes in their 20’s are hardly vulnerable to the virus anyway. Most would barely know they had it. COVID was not an issue last season for the NFL. No need to get carried away now.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might head that way since we all know it is a business first and to make money and not about player safety. They will lose a lot of money by having games cancelled due to Covid "outbreaks"

But just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you are immune to getting Covid so no, I don't think it should be a requirement

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comments? Complaints?
Yes, but they need to wait their turn like everyone else. They get enough special treatment as it is. Finish vaccinating the elderly, medical staff, school teachers, and the at-risk folks first.