• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

C-19 Vaccinations

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Report: Two NFL teams remain under 50% vaccinated​

7:23 AM PT

Two NFL teams remain under 50% vaccinated less than two weeks from the start of training camp, a person familiar with the vaccination rates told The Associated Press.As of Friday, Washington and Indianapolis had the two lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates among the 32 teams in the league, according to the person, who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the league hasn't released the numbers, which are changing daily.

In a memo sent to clubs last week and obtained by the AP on Thursday, the NFL, in conjunction with the NFLPA, updated protocols to allow teams traveling to joint practices to have their daily maximum of Tier 1 and Tier 2 individuals. [Tier 1 comprises players, coaches, trainers and others who need direct access to the players, and Tier 2 includes GMs, operational staff and others who might need to be near players.]

The traveling party will be either 100 or 140, depending on the club's vaccination percentage. The club must limit the number of individuals traveling on the team transportation to 85 but may bring additional Tier 1 and Tier 2 staff up to the applicable daily tier limits separately to attend the practice.

Also, beginning at the start of training camp, teams will be required to develop a method to visually identify fully vaccinated Tier 1 and Tier 2 individuals.

Using color-coded wristbands or credentials is recommended, but clubs are free to implement other methods.

Last month, the NFL and the players' union updated protocols to loosen restrictions for fully vaccinated players and to encourage others to get the vaccine.

Unvaccinated players must continue to get daily testing, wear masks and practice physical distancing. They won't be allowed to eat meals with teammates, can't participate in media or marketing activities while traveling, aren't permitted to use the sauna or steam room, and may not leave the team hotel or interact with people outside the team while traveling. Vaccinated players will not have any of those restrictions.

The above will not work moving forward and why should any player who chose to not vaccinate be treated any differently? Its called freedom of choice!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Two NFL teams remain under 50% vaccinated less than two weeks from the start of training camp, a person familiar with the vaccination rates told The Associated Press.As of Friday, Washington and Indianapolis had the two lowest COVID-19 vaccination rates among the 32 teams in the league, according to the person, who spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the league hasn't released the numbers, which are changing daily.

In a memo sent to clubs last week and obtained by the AP on Thursday, the NFL, in conjunction with the NFLPA, updated protocols to allow teams traveling to joint practices to have their daily maximum of Tier 1 and Tier 2 individuals. [Tier 1 comprises players, coaches, trainers and others who need direct access to the players, and Tier 2 includes GMs, operational staff and others who might need to be near players.]

The traveling party will be either 100 or 140, depending on the club's vaccination percentage. The club must limit the number of individuals traveling on the team transportation to 85 but may bring additional Tier 1 and Tier 2 staff up to the applicable daily tier limits separately to attend the practice.

Also, beginning at the start of training camp, teams will be required to develop a method to visually identify fully vaccinated Tier 1 and Tier 2 individuals.

Using color-coded wristbands or credentials is recommended, but clubs are free to implement other methods.

Last month, the NFL and the players' union updated protocols to loosen restrictions for fully vaccinated players and to encourage others to get the vaccine.

Unvaccinated players must continue to get daily testing, wear masks and practice physical distancing. They won't be allowed to eat meals with teammates, can't participate in media or marketing activities while traveling, aren't permitted to use the sauna or steam room, and may not leave the team hotel or interact with people outside the team while traveling. Vaccinated players will not have any of those restrictions.

The above will not work moving forward and why should any player who chose to not vaccinate be treated any differently? Its called freedom of choice!
Ok but let’s not go political here. But on fairness alone it isn’t right . It’s coerced behavior

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to talk about this subject without politics or rights being discussed. I will leave it at my company is going back into the office after Labor Day and you have to be vaccinated to go back. I support freedom of choice while at the same time I support a company's efforts to protect all of their employees. I am not so sure it is a right if you can hurt someone else. I am going to stop here because I do not want this to go political.

I saw this article earlier and wondered what if anything does this mean to the so-called new culture on the team. I supposed those who choose not to get vaccinated could hurt their career down the road. A non-vaccinated player could get sick and miss time hurting his team or he could cause someone else to get sick. That does not seem like teamwork to me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look we can have this conversation in PMs or move to the political board .

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an indusrtry where you directly hit against each other and grapple, directly trading breath with one another for a sustained period of time, it's a different situation than the HIPPA/'Murica tream will forward throughtout this pathetic thread that will run for pages on end.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to explain to me why someone who is vaccinated fears anybody who isn't. Isn't that the idea of the vaccine? To protect you from the virus. Fauci and many others have gone on record as to say those that are vaccinated have a 99% of not catching it, and if they did they would be asymptomatic or experience minute symptoms, if any. So I ask again. Why does someone who is fully vaccinated fear anyone who isn't? And if they don't then why push this vaccine. Anyone.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow. The NFL ain't playing I guess when it comes to vaccinations.

Far as freedom of choice goes. They do have freedom of choice. They can choose not to get it or to get it. Freedoms can come with consequences and repercussions.

Those freedoms can also effect a team as a whole. The NFL has no plans to cancel or reschedule games this year. Be pretty shitty if a DL or OL player got sick and infected everyone in the unit.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know any player can get infected with any disease and miss time . Simple staph infections would go through whole locker rooms . Flu can as well . Are these rules actually following real science ? Or are they forcing compliance ? Saying it’s your choice but shoving every negative thing up your ass if you don’t isn’t a simple repercussion it’s forced compliance .
Look I can see getting tested everyday . But all the other crap and lockdowns are simply not about science .
Now I tried not to get into politics and I don’t think I opened that door but let’s keep any politics out of it because this board doesn’t allow it . Not saying it has entered into it yet

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know any player can get infected with any disease and miss time . Simple staph infections would go through whole locker rooms . Flu can as well . Are these rules actually following real science ? Or are they forcing compliance ? Saying it’s your choice but shoving every negative thing up your ass if you don’t isn’t a simple repercussion it’s forced compliance .
Look I can see getting tested everyday . But all the other crap and lockdowns are simply not about science .
Now I tried not to get into politics and I don’t think I opened that door but let’s keep any politics out of it because this board doesn’t allow it . Not saying it has entered into it yet
When Covid is the topic it's impossible not to talk politics since Covid is all about politics. I'll just say this without talking politics in direct and i'll not say another word after.

I find it amazing those that were so against these vaccines last September (I know ya'll know who i'm talking bout) are now 100% for it. What changed? I think we know. Had that change not occurred those that our pushing these vaccines would be 100% against it... still actually, and they call the unvaccinated the selfish ones who are killing people. I will not say if I'm vaxed or not but these vaccines are still in an experimental phase. Nobody knows any long term effects. They're only now starting to study the effects of pregnancies and vaccines,,, just now within the last few weeks they started this study. It amazes me any pregnant woman who took this vaccine. Crazy. I'll say it again and I'll end this. Vaxed people should not fear Covid,,, and i'm just following Fauci's science.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Covid is the topic it's impossible not to talk politics since Covid is all about politics. I'll just say this without talking politics in direct and i'll not say another word after.

I find it amazing those that were so against these vaccines last September (I know ya'll know who i'm talking bout) are now 100% for it. What changed? I think we know. Had that change not occurred those that our pushing these vaccines would be 100% against it... still actually, and they call the unvaccinated the selfish ones who are killing people. I will not say if I'm vaxed or not but these vaccines are still in an experimental phase. Nobody knows any long term effects. They're only now starting to study the effects of pregnancies and vaccines,,, just now within the last few weeks they started this study. It amazes me any pregnant woman who took this vaccine. Crazy. I'll say it again and I'll end this. Vaxed people should not fear Covid,,, and i'm just following Fauci's science.
you handled that perfectly

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to explain to me why someone who is vaccinated fears anybody who isn't.

This. ^^^^

I am now vaccinated even though I did not want to. I was told I had to do "my part" for the greater good. So I did. Since the vaccination supposedly works I honestly don't give a flying shit what other people do or don't do and would like to get back to normalcy. If unvaccinated people die then fuck em I say.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. ^^^^

I am now vaccinated even though I did not want to. I was told I had to do "my part" for the greater good. So I did. Since the vaccination supposedly works I honestly don't give a flying shit what other people do or don't do and would like to get back to normalcy. If unvaccinated people die then fuck em I say.
you made your choice as it should be

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is not personal, this is business.
If redskins superstar #1 gets covid before a must win game, he is unavailable and possibly contributes to a loss.

Same with my job, they made it pretty clear, get vaccinated or bounce. And I've been there nearly 2 decades.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm an old guy with AFIB and congestive heart failure. I take anti-coagulants twice daily to reduce the chances of blood clotting. Therefore, I am very wary of anything that increases blood clotting. I see numerous reports of people developing blood clots after these vaccinations. That should be enough to scare any heart patient away.

But, it seems that the CDC and other government agencies just refuse to talk about any issues and side effects of these medications, even though they know better than anyone how the normal approval process was short circuited. That is troubling.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dangerous approach

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nfl players comenin contact with many other people (media, trainers, chefs, etc) who may or may not be immunocompromised, and who have many different living situations.

Vaccinated people can spread covid, I believe. Dont quote me though, because I dont know that to be absolutely true. I thought I read that somewhere.

cole Beasley doesnt have to take the vaccine, but like every other business, Buffalo or any NFL team doesnt have to employ him either.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nfl players comenin contact with many other people (media, trainers, chefs, etc) who may or may not be immunocompromised, and who have many different living situations.

Vaccinated people can spread covid, I believe. Dont quote me though, because I dont know that to be absolutely true. I thought I read that somewhere.

cole Beasley doesnt have to take the vaccine, but like every other business, Buffalo or any NFL team doesnt have to employ him either.

Yes vaccinated people can spread COVID, as well as die from COVID.

Cole Beasley is part of a Union. The Union has to agree to the rules put in place by the league. The Union never voted on this and that is a huge reason Beasley is pissed. I do believe the Union leadership agreed to the rules, so Beasley shouldn’t have a problem with the league, his problem should only be with the Union.