• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL releases new COVID protocols

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many NFL players actually got sick last year? How many staff members?

I don't mean the "positive test" crap. I mean really being sick, like missing practice and being told to stay home, or maybe being hospitalized.

Really, last year there was no vaccine. If there was no significant real infection last year in the healthier athletic types, then why should anyone expect the unvaccinated to do any worse this year?
Getting everybody vaccinated is for herd immunity.
Healthy football players are unlikely to have complications from the disease.
Our authorities have to make decisions on large gatherings for a game.
It has generally been decided that an entity like an NFL have a plan in place.
This is that plan - a plan neccessary to keep the stadiums open!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm vaccinated because my wife is high risk, if she wasn't I doubt I'd have gotten stuck

I'm not an antivaxer, but I do think the annual flu shot is ridiculous. I might get one of those every 6 or 7 years just to get my wife to STFU about it.
Talking to my daughter one day, she asked, "why are you getting a flu shot? You never get sick?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole Beasley with a “Public Service Announcement”…

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole Beasley with a “Public Service Announcement”…

I don't really agree with what I heard about the "rules" (full disclosure: I didn't really read them closely), but dude just doesn't ever STFU. That's half the reason he wasn't wanted in Dallas any more. Pretty good player. Not worth the headache. I always liked Beasley but at some point you need to see the big picture. Instead of just doing what he wants quietly and under the radar or even making his opinion known in a more subtle way, he makes a spectacle of himself and now creates a problem for his team to have to address all year long. Hopefully the rules the league set will become unnecessary as the numbers keep going down. Otherwise he is going to force the league and team to take actions that I'm sure they really don't want to have to take and it will impact other players too

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL management isn't forcing anybody to take anything. They're just making things more inconvenient for the players who voluntarily choose to not be vaccinated. As business owners, that's their right. The players can still go to work and get their paychecks.
This is correct. First and foremost, I am upset that we have an anti-vaxxer on my favorite football team of all-time. There's no excuse for Beasley to refuse to get a covid19 vaccine. He can easily go to Wegmans or have the vaccine sent to One Bills Drive.

The policy is perfectly fair. Players are not being fined or suspended for not protecting the nation. The rules simply say, they have to get tested on a daily basis, have to travel/eat separately, and wear a mask. These are all the things they had to do last season.

I see this as an issue of public safety rather than "personal freedom".

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the NFL's stance and i'm fine with Beasley's stance. The NFL is protecting those who have been vaccinated from those who haven't. Those who haven't been vaccinated can jump through hoops or not play...or get vaccinated. From the teams' perspective there probably aren't going to be a lot of unvaccinated players that are worth the hassle.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many NFL players actually got sick last year? How many staff members?

I don't mean the "positive test" crap. I mean really being sick, like missing practice and being told to stay home, or maybe being hospitalized.

Really, last year there was no vaccine. If there was no significant real infection last year in the healthier athletic types, then why should anyone expect the unvaccinated to do any worse this year?
It's a question of how much a team can tolerate. Jags RB Ryquell Armistead was hospitalized twice and missed most of the season. (That's how undrafted free agent James Robinson got his chance.)
iu

Broncos Defensive Coordinator Ed Donatell was hospitalized and missed six games.
iu

Bills TE Tommy Sweeney wasn't hospitalized but had to limit physical activity after getting myocarditis, and missed the season.
iu

That was with pretty extensive protocols in place - masks and testing and quarantines. They want to drop those protocols.

Beasley does have a point about the NFPLA. The players should have had a chance to vote on it.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is correct. First and foremost, I am upset that we have an anti-vaxxer on my favorite football team of all-time. There's no excuse for Beasley to refuse to get a covid19 vaccine. He can easily go to Wegmans or have the vaccine sent to One Bills Drive.

The policy is perfectly fair. Players are not being fined or suspended for not protecting the nation. The rules simply say, they have to get tested on a daily basis, have to travel/eat separately, and wear a mask. These are all the things they had to do last season.

I see this as an issue of public safety rather than "personal freedom".

I'm fine with the NFL's stance and i'm fine with Beasley's stance. The NFL is protecting those who have been vaccinated from those who haven't. Those who haven't been vaccinated can jump through hoops or not play...or get vaccinated. From the teams' perspective there probably aren't going to be a lot of unvaccinated players that are worth the hassle.
I'm going to respectfully disagree here.

I got my vacine, but don't Anti-Vaxxers have rights too?

Besides if the vacine works, those already vaccinated are protected.

Beasley and others who choose not to vaccinate should be free to go about their business, now they should be willing with zero argument wear their masks at any business that requires it for those not fully vaccinated.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What threat does Beasely pose to the rest of the team? They are vaccinated right? Wont the players that are vaccinated be protected?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboys fan I liked Bease as a player ,but damn the guy was a crybaby

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beasley and others who choose not to vaccinate should be free to go about their business, now they should be willing with zero argument wear their masks at any business that requires it for those not fully vaccinated.

I'm vaccinated because my wife is high risk, if she wasn't I doubt I'd have gotten stuck

I'm not an antivaxer, but I do think the annual flu shot is ridiculous. I might get one of those every 6 or 7 years just to get my wife to STFU about it.
That is the only reason I got the covid vaccine. Constant nagging by the wife as she is high risk . I also had covid and I have been much sicker in the past when I had the flu and most colds are worse than covid as well.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where did I say anti-vaxxers don't have rights?

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What threat does Beasely pose to the rest of the team? They are vaccinated right? Wont the players that are vaccinated be protected?
The vaccine is not 100% proof. You can get covid and pass it along to another person. Beasely being unvaccinated means he can pass the virus onto other people, and continue to mutate the virus. Players who choose to be unvaccinated pose a health risk to the country. That's why the rules are being implemented.

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley does have a point about the NFPLA. The players should have had a chance to vote on it.
The bargaining rights for the NFLPA granted by the owners are negotiated and very specific. If the NFLPA wanted any "say" in these policies, they almost certainly would have needed to give up something in return.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't want to call either of you out but how do you guys NOT understand this? The vaccine isn't a 100% prevention system. It reduces the risk of contracting covid19 by over 80% and the risk of hospitalisation from the effects by over 90%. By way of information in Britain we're suffering another covid19 spike caused by the Delta variant. 50%+ of the population has had both jabs and about 25% has had the 1st jab. Of the 120 or so of the 1st people who were hospitalised with this variant there were 3 who had had both jabs and about 40 who had had 1 jab.

Basically, people who have not been vaccinated are much more likely to contract the virus and they can pass it on to fully vaccinated people. Vaccinated players aren't going to want to be in meeting rooms with unvaccinated players, and the longer they're in the same room the more at risk they will be. Unvaccinated players do have rights but most people will side with the multi-billion dollar industry that's doing what it can to protect itself rather than side of the anti-vaxxers.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know plenty of classmates and coworkers who choose not to get it. I’m not going to judge them not am I going to criticize them. And they don’t judge nor criticize me for getting mine. It’s when I read or hear screeds like Beasley’s that I get bent out of shape. That wasn’t a PSA. It was a diatribe full of misinformation and judgmental garbage.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vaccine is not 100% proof. You can get covid and pass it along to another person. Beasely being unvaccinated means he can pass the virus onto other people, and continue to mutate the virus. Players who choose to be unvaccinated pose a health risk to the country. That's why the rules are being implemented.

I don't want to call either of you out but how do you guys NOT understand this? The vaccine isn't a 100% prevention system. It reduces the risk of contracting covid19 by over 80% and the risk of hospitalisation from the effects by over 90%. By way of information in Britain we're suffering another covid19 spike caused by the Delta variant. 50%+ of the population has had both jabs and about 25% has had the 1st jab. Of the 120 or so of the 1st people who were hospitalised with this variant there were 3 who had had both jabs and about 40 who had had 1 jab.

Basically, people who have not been vaccinated are much more likely to contract the virus and they can pass it on to fully vaccinated people. Vaccinated players aren't going to want to be in meeting rooms with unvaccinated players, and the longer they're in the same room the more at risk they will be. Unvaccinated players do have rights but most people will side with the multi-billion dollar industry that's doing what it can to protect itself rather than side of the anti-vaxxers.
So if it's not 100% why force it on those who are fully against any vaccine?

Look at it this way, those vaccinated can go out into public and risk getting covid, because it's not 100% effective yet they wont allow those who are againts vaccines go out, with no proof a vaccinated player can bring back covid and give it to guys not allowed to leave.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know plenty of classmates and coworkers who choose not to get it. I’m not going to judge them not am I going to criticize them. And they don’t judge nor criticize me for getting mine. It’s when I read or hear screeds like Beasley’s that I get bent out of shape. That wasn’t a PSA. It was a diatribe full of misinformation and judgmental garbage.
I can agree here, it was more of a rant vs. a PSA.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the NFL should just tell the unvaccinated players they lose pay for any time missed, due to covid. This would include meetings and practice, not just game days.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the NFL should just tell the unvaccinated players they lose pay for any time missed, due to covid. This would include meetings and practice, not just game days.
Hell, if I'm the NFL any comfirmed covid infection would mandate 14 days quarantine with that loss of pay.

Example, player tests positive, he misses 48 hours, gets 2nd test, if not positive, he's back, if positive he has 12 more days of quarantine. He will need to test on day 10 with a negative test to return but he's still out 2 more days regardless of that 3rd test results.

It gives them freedom, but it will highly encourage they take every precaution when out and about.