• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New rumor - Texas will not have to share LHN revenues with Pac 16

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and really fordman you think texas was the only one doing the talking and ou,a&m were just waiting for texas to tell them what to do

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a&m had a seat in the pac along with ou,osu tex....but a&m wanted the sec(think they are a better fit) so the other 3 schools got tech

seat or invite? You don't have to be manning the talks to get an invite. A&M wasn't the instigator in any of this, that is why you see us jumping the gun now. We won't be caught with our pants down again.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you don't remember calling A&M "crybaby bitches" in your other threads a week ago?

But you are right, you have NEVER blamed A&M for this mess.

Dude, you are a circus side show. You spin and spin like it is no ones business. You post crap as "fact", you straight up IGNORE posts that show Dodds is a lying POS and that you are dead wrong, and then you try to play the victim.

You are a joke and everyone here knows it.

I called you crybaby bitches because that's what you did, CRY like bitches. I didn't BLAME YOU for anything.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and really fordman you think texas was the only one doing the talking and ou,a&m were just waiting for texas to tell them what to do

Nope, and I never said that about OU. I don't think A&M was the culprit in this, though. I've only disputed starbigd's stupid ass claim that A&M are "pussies" and "crybaby bitches" (exact words from the "begging" link I posted) for bettering themselves now.

I personally don't really have a problem with the LHN. I think it is hilarious that no one will buy it, and only Fios and "GRANDE NETWORK" even carry it. Good for you for getting the channel, but don't try to put HS'ers on it, especially out of state recruits. That isn't fair.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I called you crybaby bitches because that's what you did, CRY like bitches. I didn't BLAME YOU for anything.

Semantics.

We are crybaby bitches for bettering ourselves like Texas did. But we are crybaby bitches for it, while Texas did no wrong.

edit: no I don't think Texas did anything wrong. I use that term only in that we did EXACTLY what Texas is doing and you think Texas is awesome for doing it and A&M are crybabies.

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the OWH article speaks to, Texas and Oklahoma took the uncertainty caused by Missouri and Nebraskas shuffling around as an opportunity to reach out to the Pac-10 and determine whether or not they would be interested in forming the first super-conference. This was not the preference for Texas over remaining in a strong Big 12 but it became a very real possibility when Larry Scott (Pac-10 Commissioner) expressed strong interest in a package of teams that included Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. It looked like it might even be a done deal if Deloss Dodds and Larry Scott could iron out TV rights (a Longhorn Network precursor) until Texas A&M took the opportunity to go wandering through the hole in the fence into the land of the SEC again(a&m talked with the sec after swc before they joined the big 12). The talks between TAMU and the SEC became more and more real as it became apparent that Gene Stallings (former Aggie and Head Coach of Alabama), who was a Regent on TAMUs Board, began thrusting his weight to encourage TAMU to go east. This caused a great deal of turmoil and through Texas politics, University of Texas TV interests, Oklahoma, etc, all needed to simmer things down a bit. Dan Beebe (Big 12 Commissioner) made some big promises on the next Network deal for TAMU, OU, and Texas and the to-be orphaned teams of the Big 12 (ISU, KSU, KU, MU, BU, and TTU) all offered their share of the Nebraska and Colorado contract breach penalty settlements (~$9M and ~$6M respectively) to the bigger players as an enticement. As a side note, Texas and Oklahoma rejected this offer as unnecessary but Texas A&M stood their ground and demanded they get those schools portion of the money as they were having some financial issues at the time

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semantics.

We are crybaby bitches for bettering ourselves like Texas did. But we are crybaby bitches for it, while Texas did no wrong.

edit: no I don't think Texas did anything wrong. I use that term only in that we did EXACTLY what Texas is doing and you think Texas is awesome for doing it and A&M are crybabies.

I think your crybaby bitches for crying over the LHN, a network you had every opportunity to be a part of.

I think you're crybaby bitches because you don't do what it takes to improve who you are. Leaving one conference with 2 "bullies" for another with 7 isn't exactly a great idea, but hey, if that's what you guys want, go for it.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the OWH article speaks to, Texas and Oklahoma took the uncertainty caused by Missouri and Nebraskas shuffling around as an opportunity to reach out to the Pac-10 and determine whether or not they would be interested in forming the first super-conference. This was not the preference for Texas over remaining in a strong Big 12 but it became a very real possibility when Larry Scott (Pac-10 Commissioner) expressed strong interest in a package of teams that included Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State. It looked like it might even be a done deal if Deloss Dodds and Larry Scott could iron out TV rights (a Longhorn Network precursor) until Texas A&M took the opportunity to go wandering through the hole in the fence into the land of the SEC again(a&m talked with the sec after swc before they joined the big 12). The talks between TAMU and the SEC became more and more real as it became apparent that Gene Stallings (former Aggie and Head Coach of Alabama), who was a Regent on TAMUs Board, began thrusting his weight to encourage TAMU to go east. This caused a great deal of turmoil and through Texas politics, University of Texas TV interests, Oklahoma, etc, all needed to simmer things down a bit. Dan Beebe (Big 12 Commissioner) made some big promises on the next Network deal for TAMU, OU, and Texas and the to-be orphaned teams of the Big 12 (ISU, KSU, KU, MU, BU, and TTU) all offered their share of the Nebraska and Colorado contract breach penalty settlements (~$9M and ~$6M respectively) to the bigger players as an enticement. As a side note, Texas and Oklahoma rejected this offer as unnecessary but Texas A&M stood their ground and demanded they get those schools portion of the money as they were having some financial issues at the time

What article did you read??? The teja$ and BXII to the PAC WAS WHAT CAUSED Nebraska to reach out to the B1G. You teja$ fans are delusional. dodds and Scott first talked about this new superconference idea on January 7th 2010.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point i was using was the a&m part that said the pac wanted them but a&m wanted to go to the sec and that is when tex,ou got tech invovled

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this in the article you quoted from the Omaha Weird Herald

• Perlman first reached out to the Big Ten this January after a tipster warned him that even an elite football school like Nebraska could be left standing on the sidelines in a major conference shake-up that appeared to be brewing.

• The future stability and academic prestige offered by the Big Ten would grow on NU officials. After a secret meeting with Delany on May 25 — the first major exchange between the two sides — Perlman was leaning in favor of the Big Ten.

First one to talk to other conferences was Texas, Missouri, Colorado, Oklahoma, etc.. Nebraska had friends at various Big Ten schools who knew that Texas was in talks with the Big Ten and two other conferences. Perlman and Osborne were concerned that the Big XII wouldn't exist if half of the schools left. Pernman was only looking for a commitment from Texas to the Conference much longer than 5 years - not in shutting down the LHN. If Texas left, it is more than reasonable to assume so would most of the Big XII South. Without Missouri and Colorado, Nebraska would have then been stuck in a 4 team conference. It wasn't all about your third tier rights, it was about keeping the Conference alive for 20-25 more years. If Texas ends up in the Pac 16, then Perlman was right all along. The thing that pisses me off the most, is Texas can go to any Conference it wants - Nebraska didn't have that option, but most Texas fans fail to see that. Look at things from our vantage point for once. Put Texas in our shoes for one second, and see whether or not we made the right decision! You want to say Nebraska caused the Conference instability when all the other schools started looking elsewhere first? That makes no sense at all...

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I really don't understand - Texas got everything it wanted - more money, the LHN, an automatic BCS berth - so why does Texas want to go to the Pac 16? Is it because Oklahoma isn't happy now? Just curious.......:der:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I really don't understand - Texas got everything it wanted - more money, the LHN, an automatic BCS berth - so why does Texas want to go to the Pac 16? Is it because Oklahoma isn't happy now? Just curious.......:der:

because the big 12 isnt viable without ou,a&m ...ou and everybody would have stayed if they would have been able to get byu,nd but that wasnt going to happen

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this in the article you quoted from the Omaha Weird Herald

• Perlman first reached out to the Big Ten this January after a tipster warned him that even an elite football school like Nebraska could be left standing on the sidelines in a major conference shake-up that appeared to be brewing.

• The future stability and academic prestige offered by the Big Ten would grow on NU officials. After a secret meeting with Delany on May 25 — the first major exchange between the two sides — Perlman was leaning in favor of the Big Ten.

First one to talk to other conferences was Texas, Missouri, Colorado, Oklahoma, etc.. Nebraska had friends at various Big Ten schools who knew that Texas was in talks with the Big Ten and two other conferences. Perlman and Osborne were concerned that the Big XII wouldn't exist if half of the schools left. Pernman was only looking for a commitment from Texas to the Conference much longer than 5 years - not in shutting down the LHN. If Texas left, it is more than reasonable to assume so would most of the Big XII South. Without Missouri and Colorado, Nebraska would have then been stuck in a 4 team conference. It wasn't all about your third tier rights, it was about keeping the Conference alive for 20-25 more years. If Texas ends up in the Pac 16, then Perlman was right all along. The thing that pisses me off the most, is Texas can go to any Conference it wants - Nebraska didn't have that option, but most Texas fans fail to see that. Look at things from our vantage point for once. Put Texas in our shoes for one second, and see whether or not we made the right decision! You want to say Nebraska caused the Conference instability when all the other schools started looking elsewhere first? That makes no sense at all...

yes but who was that "tipster",,,texas was open about the dealings telling nebraska that the pac and big 10 had been in contact with them,,, and both schools had a chance to save the big 12....posting the article isnt trying to switch blame(everybody contributed to the fall ) but to inform people so we can get over all the rumored crap and blame texas for everything mantra

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your crybaby bitches for crying over the LHN, a network you had every opportunity to be a part of.

I think you're crybaby bitches because you don't do what it takes to improve who you are. Leaving one conference with 2 "bullies" for another with 7 isn't exactly a great idea, but hey, if that's what you guys want, go for it.

STFU already. I'm not sure what part of WE ARE USING WHAT WE HAVE TO BETTER OURSELVES BY LEAVING A DYING CONFERENCE you don't like, but it can't be said any other way.

God, you are a titty baby of the highest proportions.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I LMFAO the entire time I read that article. I had tears in my eyes.

In all actuality though, he described the nations perception of the Great Plains states. When I was in Germany in the 80's, they actually though we still rode around on horses and wagons with guns on our hips in these parts. It was due in part to them getting a lot of US westerns on tv and in the movies over there.
I take pride in the simple life of my Great Plains heritage and truly wish we could have found a way to keep the Big XII together in a trustworthy way. It had the potential to be a great footprint.

That being said. Enjoy the eventual implosion of the PAC.

Last edited by a moderator:

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Semantics.

Just ignore him.

I don't even think he actually cares. He's just perpetuating a situation that he finds entertaining; Did it when the big thing was Baylor trying to sue, and now he's going on about the LHN and how Texass shouldn't have to concede anything.

It's stupid concern trolling, and he's a dick head to boot.