• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Houston "you have a problem", the Texas Rangers 9/14-17

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who missed the game, here is your recap:

1) Ump started off with a very tight strike zone
2) Keuchel was very rattled early and had command issues and high pitch count
3) Rangers took early lead 1-0 and had all the momentum
4) Perez cruised through the first 1.2 innings
5) Elvis botched a routine grounder with 2 outs, throwing way high
6) This caused Perez to come unglued for about 4-5 hitters and allow 2 runs
7) In inning 3, home plate ump Carapazzo completely changed his strike zone for both sides
8) Hitters were then lost for the next 4 innings and Keuchel and Perez cruised
9) Ohlendorf grooved a first pitch fastball to Carter and he hit it out... 3-1 Astros
10) Odor tripled in the 8th and Banister lifted Gimenez for Hamilton (who K'ed)
11) Delino grounded out to score Roogie
12) New catcher Wilson missed an outside pitch and Gomez scored from 3rd
13) Rangers do nothing in the 9th

Ballgame. The Elvis error and subsequent Perez meltdown in the 2nd was the turning point.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh has heart but has been broken down. It was a terrible at bat with nothing decent to hit but still many swings at bad pitches. We will never have old Josh but hope he can find a way to contribute. He play OF better than Nap. We can definitely Improve in LF next year. To me DDJR is better in LF due to arm. Love to see Brinson ready or Martin figure it out but there is a lot up in the air in that regard.

Keuchel was real tough on lefties today

Josh is just a weird dude and at this point is just a guy. I'm just not comfortable him in big game situations unless it's just a last option and there's nothing left other than a reach and flyer point in the game.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh is just a weird dude and at this point is just a guy. I'm just not comfortable him in big game situations unless it's just a last option and there's nothing left other than a reach and flyer point in the game.

I really don't care if he is weird. I just want some production out of left field. Who can say he has no heart? We are not stocked in LF so everyone at this point is a reach. Rua maybe needs another chance but I am thinking next year he gets another shot

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys hearing Mac. Harper has mouthy issues but going for the throat is not justified. Yeah good to run out pops ( see Kinsler). But really.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't care if he is weird. I just want some production out of left field. Who can say he has no heart? We are not stocked in LF so everyone at this point is a reach. Rua maybe needs another chance but I am thinking next year he gets another shot

I don't care if he's weird either but I believe that weirdness translates on the field. Half of his AB's are wild ass and/or apathetic looking. In critical situations I just want good AB's that makes the pitcher work as much as possible and Josh doesn't do that. I realize I'm beating a dead horse b/c we all know what he is but I don't mind taking my chances on Rua or anyone else for that matter minus Adam Rosales etc. I'm not one to only go by resume when making managing/strategy decisions.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need them to play bad. We just need Seattle to beat them once and the snakes to beat them once while we go 3-4 or 4-3 at home.

The Mariners were just swept, and that's with Felix and Iwakuma pitching. Neither will be pitching against HOU. I don't feel as good as you do about the situation, but that's what makes this part of the year entertaining.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mariners were just swept, and that's with Felix and Iwakuma pitching. Neither will be pitching against HOU. I don't feel as good as you do about the situation, but that's what makes this part of the year entertaining.
That's why I've told him we need to concentrate beating the team in front of us and not relying on someone for help. If if comes so be it.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed this is a fun part of the season when it literally comes down to the final week and probably last game or 2.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just take care of Detroit and the last 4 games against LAA becomes much easier to deal with. Magic number is 5 and will most likely be 3 or 2 when the Angels come to town.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we're still up 3 in the loss column. The only thing we couldn't do is get swept. Houston will lose at least a couple games on the road. My guess is we'll need to win at least 3.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't really want trout and pujols coming to arlington with anything to play for. unfortunately we've left the door open for them. you just have to be glad the rangers are in the division lead at this point, after all the injuries and april happened

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't really want trout and pujols coming to arlington with anything to play for. unfortunately we've left the door open for them. you just have to be glad the rangers are in the division lead at this point, after all the injuries and april happened

The Angels pitching staff is still bad and we don't have to worry about facing Richards.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Angels pitching staff is still bad and we don't have to worry about facing Richards.

If they have anything left to play for, we will see him

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Perez was the high light of the game for me. He had that one blip but other than that, he was more than I expected. He may be getting it together at the right time.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Perez was the high light of the game for me. He had that one blip but other than that, he was more than I expected. He may be getting it together at the right time.

I sure hope so, I missed almost all of this one today

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, we're still up 3 in the loss column. The only thing we couldn't do is get swept. Houston will lose at least a couple games on the road. My guess is we'll need to win at least 3.

At the end of this coming week if Texas isn't the winner of the AL West then quite frankly they will not have deserved to win it then.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of this coming week if Texas isn't the winner of the AL West then quite frankly they will not have deserved to win it then.
With all their adversities I'm surprised to find them in the mix.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you guys, we need to be more concerned with beating the Angels than how Houston does. They get three at home vs Oakland and are tied with Houston in the L column. We will need to beat them to clinch.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I do not want to see
1 Napoli in lf
2 No more Wilson if Chirinos can play
3 No Josh Hamilton unless he is the last chance on earth
4 No more fly balls by Delino unless off/over the wall