• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Houston "you have a problem", the Texas Rangers 9/14-17

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've pretty much given up hope for a comeback at this point but I really hope I wrong and our batters just nut up and make shit happen.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up to the big boys now and are they big enough?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've no issue losing 2 of 3 to Houston but given the circumstances in the last 2 games and how this could have easily been 2 of 3 favoring Texas if not a sweep is very frustrating and totally sucks.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how the game turns out if EA doesn't shit his pants on a routine play? They took the lead and Keuchel was a different pitcher after that. Bad day for Elvis. Stranded the tying run too.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball game. Need some home cooking. Thinking we will likely need to split at home. But we really need to get some swagger back

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how the game turns out if EA doesn't shit his pants on a routine play? They took the lead and Keuchel was a different pitcher after that. Bad day for Elvis. Stranded the tying run too.
I missed the game and just saw the last 2 outs. Was the Andrus error on the throw or while fielding it. That and the error by Moreland yesterday turned out to be big ones. Also, why was Wilson in the game at the end?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder what would have happened if the ump did not open up the zone. But now we have to pick ourselves off the dirt and go out and play some inspired ball. No more errors, pitcher keeping their poise. Hitters not chasing junk.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried. 3 games up in the loss column, everything is at home where we have been extremely good since the all-star break, Detroit is a run down team with nothing to play for. I'm not saying we will sweep, but I'm expecting to win that series, and if it really comes down to it, we have Hamels going in the last game of the season. The Astros won't have the juice box anymore. We're going to be fine, probably need to beat the Angels 1 out of 4 to seal it.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ball game. Need some home cooking. Thinking we will likely need to split at home. But we really need to get some swagger back

Detroit is bad and would like to see us treat them as such and sweep those guys.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed the game and just saw the last 2 outs. Was the Andrus error on the throw or while fielding it. That and the error by Moreland yesterday turned out to be big ones. Also, why was Wilson in the game at the end?

The error was on the throw with 2 outs. They scored 2 after that. Perez was cruising until the error.

Wilson was in the game because Gimenez was PH for with Hamilton, who struck out.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis and his POS fielding strike again.

At least we got one in Houston. But now the Astros AND Angels are going to push us all week.

And how nice...we get Verlander and 3 days of Cabrera coming up. I don't think we've gotten him out this entire season.

Gonna be an interesting, pressure filled week.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried. 3 games up in the loss column, everything is at home where we have been extremely good since the all-star break, Detroit is a run down team with nothing to play for. I'm not saying we will sweep, but I'm expecting to win that series, and if it really comes down to it, we have Hamels going in the last game of the season. The Astros won't have the juice box anymore. We're going to be fine, probably need to beat the Angels 1 out of 4 to seal it.

Don't expect HOU to continue to play bad just because they're going on the road. I expect them to take momentum from this game, and continue to win on the road.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is too many fans still think of the old Josh which influences their opinion of Josh.

It's sort of like Napoli in LF as well...so many fans are totally backing those move and rationale b/c they just remember that brilliant and magical version of him in 2011. I'll also add that if it's virtually any other player instead of Napoli there'd be more backlash on Banny's decision but it's Nap so it's ok for a ton of fans.

Fans can be just so fucking stupid sometimes.
Was just thinking about that with Napoli earlier. In his last 47 ABs he has one double and two HRs. The other 10 hits are singles. When we think of Napoli our perception from the past is him bringing power to the lineup. I think the issue the Rangers have with Hamilton and Napoli is our options in LF. And for some reason Rua is not an option any more.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't expect HOU to continue to play bad just because they're going on the road. I expect them to take momentum from this game, and continue to win on the road.
And many thought they had momentum after that incredible 9th inning comeback against the Angels and then they were swept by the Rangers. I am not sure when the game starts that what they did the day before really plays into it. The pitcher has much to do with what happens.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go 4-3 to end the season then we win the division because I just do not see Houston or/and the Angels going 6-1 to tie us.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't need them to play bad. We just need Seattle to beat them once and the snakes to beat them once while we go 3-4 or 4-3 at home.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh has heart but has been broken down. It was a terrible at bat with nothing decent to hit but still many swings at bad pitches. We will never have old Josh but hope he can find a way to contribute. He play OF better than Nap. We can definitely Improve in LF next year. To me DDJR is better in LF due to arm. Love to see Brinson ready or Martin figure it out but there is a lot up in the air in that regard.

Keuchel was real tough on lefties today

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really expecting it but at this point it's a 75 game sample and I like my chances of them losing half of those games and Texas getting a couple of wins this week.