• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New rumor - Texas will not have to share LHN revenues with Pac 16

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:deadhorse:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly occ, am I arguing something thats completely off base, given the links and evidence I've presented?

All I'm asking for is honest debate here, not trolling. What am I missing?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly occ, am I arguing something thats completely off base, given the links and evidence I've presented?

All I'm asking for is honest debate here, not trolling. What am I missing?

You are missing that no one cares. Texas can do no wrong in your eyes, we get it. The rest of us that aren't wearing burnt orange glasses can see the truth, you continue to try to justify everything to make yourself feel better.

Texas did what was best for them, and now that other schools like A&M are trying to do the same you have a major problem with it. You are two faced, and that is fine...if only you could admit it.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not correct either.

No team in the PAC is currently because their new network deal buys out every school's 3rd tier rights. The Big 10 doesn't block individual networks.
What you seem to not grasp - is that 3rd tier rights don't infringe on the Big 10 Network/conference network, because it's content the Big 10 ALREADY REJECTED!!!!!

You can't hurt the conference with your own network of content your conference doesn't want!

Link?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are missing that no one cares. Texas can do no wrong in your eyes, we get it. The rest of us that aren't wearing burnt orange glasses can see the truth, you continue to try to justify everything to make yourself feel better.

Texas did what was best for them, and now that other schools like A&M are trying to do the same you have a major problem with it. You are two faced, and that is fine...if only you could admit it.

You completely miss the mark every time you post.

I never said Texas can do no wrong. Everything I've posted I've backed up with links, articles, facts. At least my opinions have a backing behind them other than simple hatred.

I don't have a problem with A&M leaving, I never did. I have a problem with A&M fans like you being dishonest about WHY you are leaving.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Link for what? There is no language in their contract that outright blocks any school from starting a network, none.

Nearly every school out there makes money off their 3rd tier rights, and Texas is no different.

Once again - Ohio State sold their rights for 110 million, there were no complaints by anyone, no one cared. Georgia has had their own network for years, no one cared. Florida will have their own network soon, and no one will care.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said Texas can do no wrong. Everything I've posted I've backed up with links, articles, facts. At least my opinions have a backing behind them other than simple hatred.

I don't have a problem with A&M leaving, I never did. I have a problem with A&M fans like you being dishonest about WHY you are leaving.

And you try to turn everything into "poor Texas". Not sure how I can be ANY clearer that A&M couldn't care less about Texas. We are going to a stronger conference because the XII is dying.

Tell me HOW that is wrong?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And why don't you tell me WHY my school is leaving, since you know so much?

You have posted a lot of crap, but I see very little fact. You can call it whatever you want, but it doesn't make it true.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BS. Perlman asked for Texas to surrender their 3rd tier rights. NO school in NCAA history had ever done that to that point.

Perlman KNEW that would not fly. That was his justification for leaving. It is what it is.

I'm not blaming anything on NU, but you need to be more honest here. There was no instability in the conference except from the schools that left. NU made this conference what it was, and they left it the way they chose to. But let's not try to rewrite history and say there was no commitment from Texas, when their clearly WAS.

First time for everything, right?

And blaming instability on Nebraska? LOL at you. teja$ was talking to 3 conferences. THREE! That shows teja$ was considering leaving the conference and in one case taking half the conference with them. Nebraska admin saw what was happening and was proactive. This is teja$' bed, now they can sleep in it as the conference burns down around them.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why don't you tell me WHY my school is leaving, since you know so much?

You have posted a lot of crap, but I see very little fact. You can call it whatever you want, but it doesn't make it true.

Yes, it is true.....and the articles I've linked back that up. The only one posting crap here is you.

I've TRIED to have a reasonable convo with you, but it's clear that's not going to happen. I'm not trying to insult you, as you are insulting me. I'm trying to have an honest discussion, but your feelings apparently keep getting hurt.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First time for everything, right?

And blaming instability on Nebraska? LOL at you. teja$ was talking to 3 conferences. THREE! That shows teja$ was considering leaving the conference and in one case taking half the conference with them. Nebraska admin saw what was happening and was proactive. This is teja$' bed, now they can sleep in it as the conference burns down around them.

Texas was talking to one conference. THREE conferences contacted Texas, not the other way around. Texas never denied it. They never hid it. And they told Nebraska up front that if they stayed, so would Texas. NU left. Texas stayed. Those are all facts that happened.

Once a team leaves, instability occurs. If NU does not leave, are you of the opinion that the conference falls apart?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you try to turn everything into "poor Texas". Not sure how I can be ANY clearer that A&M couldn't care less about Texas. We are going to a stronger conference because the XII is dying.

Tell me HOW that is wrong?

WHEN have I ever said anything about A&M doing something wrong??? You keep arguing things that have never been stated.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHEN have I ever said anything about A&M doing something wrong??? You keep arguing things that have never been stated.

I guess you don't remember calling A&M "crybaby bitches" in your other threads a week ago?

But you are right, you have NEVER blamed A&M for this mess.

Dude, you are a circus side show. You spin and spin like it is no ones business. You post crap as "fact", you straight up IGNORE posts that show Dodds is a lying POS and that you are dead wrong, and then you try to play the victim.

You are a joke and everyone here knows it.

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jesus you just cant talk to some people.....read the article that was linked and then stars post they are pretty much identical yet star is an idiot and the omaha world herald must be making up lies to help out texas

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas was talking to one conference. THREE conferences contacted Texas, not the other way around. Texas never denied it. They never hid it. And they told Nebraska up front that if they stayed, so would Texas. NU left. Texas stayed. Those are all facts that happened.

Once a team leaves, instability occurs. If NU does not leave, are you of the opinion that the conference falls apart?

Oh, my god you are delusional.

I don't care if conferences contacted teja$. teja% talked back. If teja$ wasn't interested then teja$ admin says no thanks and nobody hears about it or even if it comes up the admin would say "we are not interested." End of story. And by the way, teja$ was quite deep in negotiations with the PAC. And nowhere is a categorical statement by teja$ that says "if you stay we stay." They would not commit if two teams left (CU & and at the time MU).
And I like your,"NU left. teja$ stayed. Those are all facts that happened." You are a liar by ommision. You know why and everyone else on this board knows why. Dodds had a conversation with Scott in Pasadena on Jan. 7th 2010. They came up with the expansion to 16 teams idea. AND tEJA$ WAS LOOKING TO TAKE THE ENTIRE SOUTH TO THE PAC. "But Nebraska, you need to make a pledge to the BXII!" LOL

Even in the article YOU posted it quoted Pearlman and Osborne as saying they were quite comfortable in the BXII and not looking outside the conference. UNTIL it became clear Nebraska could have ended up on the outside looking in if teja$ made a move to leave the conference.

Do you see halos above the heads of everyone associate with teja$? My god you are delusional...

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is what he said delusional.....yes texas was in talks so was ou,a&m,,, but it still came down to powers told perlman that texas would stay if nebraska stayed,,,, and star hasnt blamed anybody or called names and yet no one can have a discussion without blaming texas for it all

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, my god you are delusional.

I don't care if conferences contacted teja$. teja% talked back. If teja$ wasn't interested then teja$ admin says no thanks and nobody hears about it or even if it comes up the admin would say "we are not interested." End of story. And by the way, teja$ was quite deep in negotiations with the PAC. And nowhere is a categorical statement by teja$ that says "if you stay we stay." They would not commit if two teams left (CU & and at the time MU).
And I like your,"NU left. teja$ stayed. Those are all facts that happened." You are a liar by ommision. You know why and everyone else on this board knows why. Dodds had a conversation with Scott in Pasadena on Jan. 7th 2010. They came up with the expansion to 16 teams idea. AND tEJA$ WAS LOOKING TO TAKE THE ENTIRE SOUTH TO THE PAC. "But Nebraska, you need to make a pledge to the BXII!" LOL

Even in the article YOU posted it quoted Pearlman and Osborne as saying they were quite comfortable in the BXII and not looking outside the conference. UNTIL it became clear Nebraska could have ended up on the outside looking in if teja$ made a move to leave the conference.

Do you see halos above the heads of everyone associate with teja$? My god you are delusional...

Which is exactly what A&M saw as well, it just took our slow Aggie rears an extra 12 months to realize that TU did it once and they will do it again. So rather than sit and wait, A&M made the move to get the open spot in the SEC. Had we waited, maybe OU or some other school jumps and gets it, then A&M is in the same boat as Tech...playing the "please take us with you" game.

But to read what star writes, A&M are a bunch of crybaby bitches for trying to better themselves. Nothing anymore to do with TU, but he still thinks that is what ANYONE is saying.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is what he said delusional.....yes texas was in talks so was ou,a&m,,, but it still came down to powers told perlman that texas would stay if nebraska stayed,,,, and star hasnt blamed anybody or called names and yet no one can have a discussion without blaming texas for it all

LINK or bullsh. A&M wasn't in any talks until NU, CU, and TU/OU were talking to PAC.

And Star hasn't called anyone names or blamed anyone? REALLY.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...-discussion/44830-burnt-orange-begging-2.html

Try again, bone

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is exactly what A&M saw as well, it just took our slow Aggie rears an extra 12 months to realize that TU did it once and they will do it again. So rather than sit and wait, A&M made the move to get the open spot in the SEC. Had we waited, maybe OU or some other school jumps and gets it, then A&M is in the same boat as Tech...playing the "please take us with you" game.

But to read what star writes, A&M are a bunch of crybaby bitches for trying to better themselves. Nothing anymore to do with TU, but he still thinks that is what ANYONE is saying.

a&m had a seat in the pac along with ou,osu tex....but a&m wanted the sec(think they are a better fit) so the other 3 schools got tech

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3