• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bieniemy May be Getting Fired Effectively; Mahomes, Hill, Kelce, and Hardman May Have Been at Odds with Bieniemy; Other Juicy Gossip

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are issues, but I also don't buy some of that. Seems more like someone with an axe to grind. Things didn't look too bad offensively against Buffalo the week before when the game was on the line. I don't care what plays were called or who called them. Mahomes did a lot of stupid things in the Cincy game.
Where there are personalities, there are people that don't get along.
One of the reasons for my success in business, I don't let personality conflicts get in the way of making decisions.

What reporters don't know, they will make up.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where there are personalities, there are people that don't get along.
One of the reasons for my success in business, I don't let personality conflicts get in the way of making decisions.

What reporters don't know, they will make up.
pfff! my success in business, he says.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like that the Chiefs seem to be able to keep the coordinators together. I think fans can get into a trap thinking that their team is a mess if they dont win the SB but 31 teams are in that boat.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So an OC with the juice to override a game-plan of Andy Reid's. A HC who's damn near universally considered to be the NFL's leading offensive genius/guru/wizard. A game-plan that was co-signed by Mahomes who's God's gift to quarterbacking. Alrighty then, that sounds totally legit.

And unless those changes Bieniemy supposedly made were to blocking schemes. I'm not seeing a whole lotta anything working against that Bucs pass rush.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And unless those changes Bieniemy supposedly made were to blocking schemes. I'm not seeing a whole lotta anything working against that Bucs pass rush.
My theory as to what happened with the Bucs is that the Chiefs were afraid of going down the field and getting stuck in the red zone so they did a lot of big plays even against bad looks. Its hard to imagine the Chiefs doing much in the goal line with an entire backup oline against what was probably a top 2 starting dline that year.

The Bengals game, though, is pretty yikes. My best guess is that they just kinda choked.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, they screwed the pooch against the Bengals starting with that last play of the 1st half. Up to that point though. They looked like the Chiefs, or at the least, scored points like they were the Chiefs.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, they screwed the pooch against the Bengals starting with that last play of the 1st half.
Yeah. Sometimes winning a championship is as simple as a defender getting to his spot. Bengals did it against Tyreek Hill but couldn't stop Kupp on an end around in the SB.

Or teams just need to kick a FG and trust your defense

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Sometimes winning a championship is as simple as a defender getting to his spot. Bengals did it against Tyreek Hill but couldn't stop Kupp on an end around in the SB.

Or teams just need to kick a FG and trust your defense
No doubt. Those 3 points would've made a big difference. The Chiefs were trying to win the game right there

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like that the Chiefs seem to be able to keep the coordinators together. I think fans can get into a trap thinking that their team is a mess if they dont win the SB but 31 teams are in that boat.
Although true, every team knows where they really stand from a contention standpoint. Some teams have rookies at key positions where they're in rebuild mode, others are stuck in mediocrity (which for sure, is a bad place to be), then you have contenders. The Chiefs are in contender status right now - every year you don't win, you know that's a real opportunity missed. But on the flip side, at least you know your team has a legit chance to win a SB. As a Dolphins fan, I haven't been able to feel like that since the 90's.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all of the crap when this thread was introduced, how are things today?

Bienemy is still in place. Mahomes is still in place. Hill is history. Sometimes there is a problem that creates more. Has the turf been repaired? Have hurt feelings been soothed? The thing that we all forget is that players NFL lives are very short, no matter how great they are. Guys like Brady are extremely rare. Great coaches are in for life. You don't get rid of a coach at the whim of a player whose career could be over the next day in practice.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's how old I am...this thread reminded me of one of Chris Berman's all time great nicknames...Eric "Sleeping With" Bieniemy

Me too... in college in the dorms in late 80s we gathered in TV lounge to listen if any new ones.

Some of my favorites from many years ago...

Bert Be Home Blyleven
Eddie Eat, Drink and Be Murray
Lance You Sunk My Blankenship
Matt Son Of A Beech

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too... in college in the dorms in late 80s we gathered in TV lounge to listen if any new ones.

Some of my favorites from many years ago...

Bert Be Home Blyleven
Eddie Eat, Drink and Be Murray
Lance You Sunk My Blankenship
Matt Son Of A Beech
My favorite was Odibe Young Again McDowell

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the little Meggett run!