• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

New rumor - Texas will not have to share LHN revenues with Pac 16

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
STFU already. I'm not sure what part of WE ARE USING WHAT WE HAVE TO BETTER OURSELVES BY LEAVING A DYING CONFERENCE you don't like, but it can't be said any other way.

God, you are a titty baby of the highest proportions.

Like I said, you don't get it, and you never will. Real men solve their problems, not run from them, like A&M is.

You don't get that. So you try to insult me, which is fine......this is WHY you are a crybaby bitch, you are being who you are.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Texas and Oklahoma to the Pac12 is a DISASTER waiting to happen lol.

Oklahoma and Texas, states and fanbase full of Republican, Christian, Conservatives joining a league based in a region full of liberal, athiests, hippies who don't give a flip about College Football. This should be entertaining!

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and Oklahoma to the Pac12 is a DISASTER waiting to happen lol.

Oklahoma and Texas, states and fanbase full of Republican, Christian, Conservatives joining a league based in a region full of liberal, athiests, hippies who don't give a flip about College Football. This should be entertaining!

Probably. But I'd prefer that to the ACC. I'd take nearly any conference over going to the ACC.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this entire thread, and find it funny.
1)Nebraska fans saying Texas killed the big 12, when it fact they are the ones that left the big 12, while Texas stayed. Nebraska fans can say "but Texas was talking about leaving", the fact is Texas stayed, nebraska left. Please, get over it huskers. Quit crying about Texas.
2)The aggie fan said "we aren't crybaby bitches", then said "the LHN tried to show HS games, that's not fair". This is crying, especially since the LHN will not be showing HS games.
3)The LSU fan chimes in, because he's mad that Texas/OU would rather be associated with the southwest, and pacific west, instead of the Nascar conference.

Bottom line is all schools own their 3rd Tier rights, Texas just sold them the best. Packaged them, along with the olympic sports, and started a network. Bravo Tejas, that school of business in Austin must be amazing.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this entire thread, and find it funny.
1)Nebraska fans saying Texas killed the big 12, when it fact they are the ones that left the big 12, while Texas stayed. Nebraska fans can say "but Texas was talking about leaving", the fact is Texas stayed, nebraska left. Please, get over it huskers. Quit crying about Texas.

:L :brick:

for the last time.

Nebraska asked Texas, if Colorado and Missouri left, can they still guarantee stability in the Big 12. Texas said No and that is why Nebraska left.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L :brick:

for the last time.

Nebraska asked Texas, if Colorado and Missouri left, can they still guarantee stability in the Big 12. Texas said No and that is why Nebraska left.

This is not accurate. This is why we called you guys disengenious.

Texas did not say no. They said they can't make that guarantee YET. THEN NU asked Texas to give up their 3rd tier rights. They knew that was going to be a solid no.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anybody gives a fuck that you want to show Rice vs Texas on the Longhorn network.

It's when you started talking about showcasing High School players that got all this started.

In the end though, you have been wrong on just about every rumor involving the LHN since it started so whoever you are getting your 'rumors' from are worthless.

EXCEPT, EVERY. SINGLE. RUMOR. I've posted has been 100% true, but hey, who's counting???

Like I said.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said what? It's a rumor, not a prediction - and it was quoted in multiple sources, so YES, it was true

:fencing:

Round and round we go.

Whats the next rumor? Score is 1-0 me.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:fencing:

Round and round we go.

Whats the next rumor? Score is 1-0 me.

Nope, not even vaguely. A rumor is just that, a rumor.....it may be true, it may not. Doesn't change the fact the rumor existed and was cited by multiple sources.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
orangebloods and ?

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is fucking annoying.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not accurate. This is why we called you guys disengenious.

Texas did not say no. They said they can't make that guarantee YET. THEN NU asked Texas to give up their 3rd tier rights. They knew that was going to be a solid no.

So star thinks Nebraska should have waited for teja$ to make a decision as to whether they would stay or go. "Hey Nebraska, why don't you guys wait and see what we do. THEN you guys can figure your situation out." That is pure comedy. IF teja$ was truely commited, they they should have said so. Not, "We can't commit yet." And don't you think if NU was asking teja$ to commit 3rd tier rights, they would have been willing to themselves?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So star thinks Nebraska should have waited for teja$ to make a decision as to whether they would stay or go. "Hey Nebraska, why don't you guys wait and see what we do. THEN you guys can figure your situation out." That is pure comedy. IF teja$ was truely commited, they they should have said so. Not, "We can't commit yet." And don't you think if NU was asking teja$ to commit 3rd tier rights, they would have been willing to themselves?

Texas DID make a committment.....being disengenious there again I see.

They told NU point blank, if you stay, we stay. NU asked if 2 or more teams left if they would stay......which you and I both know requires an evaluation of the situation, you can't just say for CERTAIN that you would, and NU knew that as well.

And once again.....no one in history to that point had given up 3rd tier rights. NU KNEW Texas wanted to sell their rights and create a network.

Before asking the questions NU already knew what the answers would be because they were loaded questions.

Try being honest about what happened. What UT had to say really didn't matter, NU was going to leave regardless.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas DID make a committment.....being disengenious there again I see.

They told NU point blank, if you stay, we stay. NU asked if 2 or more teams left if they would stay......which you and I both know requires an evaluation of the situation, you can't just say for CERTAIN that you would, and NU knew that as well.
Before asking the questions NU already knew what the answers would be because they were loaded questions.

Try being honest about what happened. What UT had to say really didn't matter, NU was going to leave regardless.

You know damn well that you are the one being disingenuous. You know because you have been told repeatedly the Big 12 and Texas were asking Nebraska to commit to the conference regardless of who left.

You also know we simply turned it around on Texas. They wanted us to commit with no disclaimers so we simply forced their hand. What is your commitment if two teams leave?
Yeah we knew the answer for us and we also knew the answer for Texas. They wanted us to commit while they were not willing to.

And you also know "the evaluation of the situation" had been done long before this meeting and Texas was trying to force Nebraska to a schedule they felt the B1G would not meet.
And how'd that turn out?

In the infamous words of Hoyt, "Not too good!"

Now I got to go spread some rep around so I can neg your disney ass again tomorrow.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know damn well that you are the one being disingenuous. You know because you have been told repeatedly the Big 12 and Texas were asking Nebraska to commit to the conference regardless of who left.

You also know we simply turned it around on Texas. They wanted us to commit with no disclaimers so we simply forced their hand. What is your commitment if two teams leave?
Yeah we knew the answer for us and we also knew the answer for Texas. They wanted us to commit while they were not willing to.

And you also know "the evaluation of the situation" had been done long before this meeting and Texas was trying to force Nebraska to a schedule they felt the B1G would not meet.
And how'd that turn out?

In the infamous words of Hoyt, "Not too good!"

Now I got to go spread some rep around so I can neg your disney ass again tomorrow.

The funny thing that star won't cop to is that if OU, NU, teja$ and aTm stuck togeather, anybody else could have left. And nobody else would have. Colorado jumped to shut out Baylor in a potential BXII destroying move of the entire BXIIS to the Pac. But if teja$ hadn't been in deep negotiations with the PAC in the first place NONE of this would have happened the way it did. And even if other teams left, do you think there aren't quality schools (at least as good as the ones that left) out there that would not want to join a conference with a foundation of OU, NU, teja$ and aTm. Oh and I love the, "no one in history to that point had given up 3rd tier rights." Yeah, so? Someone did do it and recently. The BXII would just have been the first to do so. And again, Nebraska was willing to do it for the betterment and stabilizing force it would have brought to the conference.

But spin away star...

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO at this thread still going and going and going...

bunny.gif