• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota Twins vs. Texas Rangers 8/30-9/1

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Grieve and Steve Busby, two former players, brought up the same issue about Yu not having the shutdown mentality yet during the broadcast. I'd say they qualify as having some expertise.
And they are both wrong. Them being players doesn't give their fault logic anymore clout. There is no shutdown mentality. You go out and battle each AB and try and get guys out. Sometimes you beat them and other times they beat you. This narrative about "being tougher in the clutch" is false. It's made up. It's simple people trying to describe something they don't understand, when actual facts don't back them.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't give a shit less who likes her. She's vapid and banal. I reach for the remote the instant I see her face. No clue why you care what a nobody likes me thinks about a fringe personality like her though.

Again, I don't care what you think about her. I was just setting the record straight as to her knowledge and credibility. She's a strange person to dislike so intensely when there's a list a mile long of DFW sports personalities who are truly terrible. You have to go a ways through that line of suckage before you reach Gina Miller. But dislike all you want.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they are both wrong. Them being players doesn't give their fault logic anymore clout. There is no shutdown mentality. You go out and battle each AB and try and get guys out. Sometimes you beat them and other times they beat you. This narrative about "being tougher in the clutch" is false. It's made up. It's simple people trying to describe something they don't understand, when actual facts don't back them.

No, you're the incorrect one. I can tell from all of your posts about logic that you've studied it to a certain level. But I can also tell that you haven't played sports to any kind of real level because there is a clutch factor to some athletes who are able to raise their game to higher levels in the most tense moments. It is 100% real and there have been books written and studies conducted on it by sports psychologists. I've personally seen athletes who shy away from big moments and others who crave them. That is real.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can smell the fear here really. Rangers can't beat bottom dwellers. The A's will put them out of their misery by next week.
You created an account to talk shit to us...seriously...do everyone a favor and cut your balls off so you cannot reproduce. No one if scared of that piece of shit team in Oakland.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a trend, we lose and fans start fighting amongst themselves

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agree Rev. You will never hear either of them make a comment such as "how come Murphy hasn't figured out yet how to not roll over and ground into a DP to 2nd?" or ... "how come it always looks like Rios is jogging out there?" or "how come AJ always swings at the first pitch?" ... or "Wonder why Wash is starting Murphy who is sub .200 for the month?"

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a trend, we lose and fans start fighting amongst themselves

It's a trend because 1 loss makes people incredibly negative (not saying you, just in general) and then all sorts of negative and angry statements, often with ridiculous hyperbole, get posted. Then people start arguing.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you're the incorrect one. I can tell from all of your posts about logic that you've studied it to a certain level. But I can also tell that you haven't played sports to any kind of real level because there is a clutch factor to some athletes who are able to raise their game to higher levels in the most tense moments. It is 100% real and there have been books written and studies conducted on it by sports psychologists. I've personally seen athletes who shy away from big moments and others who crave them. That is real.

The first two sentences are non sequitur. The third sentence is an appeal to authority and the final sentence is anecdotal evidence. None of those prove the existence of clutch.

What people call clutch is either small sample size noise, or an attempt to create drama for ratings. You are welcome to believe that clutch exists, but the data doesn't support your theory.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Again, I don't care what you think about her. I was just setting the record straight as to her knowledge and credibility. She's a strange person to dislike so intensely when there's a list a mile long of DFW sports personalities who are truly terrible. You have to go a ways through that line of suckage before you reach Gina Miller. But dislike all you want.

... you have to go a long way down to get to her because she has about 10 minutes of air time outside the local makket a week.

OT: TBR bases loaded, no outs, top of the 8th.

Edit ... 3-2 OAK 1 out

Last edited by a moderator:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first two sentences are non sequitur. The third sentence is an appeal to authority and the final sentence is anecdotal evidence. None of those prove the existence of clutch.

What people call clutch is either small sample size noise, or an attempt to create drama for ratings. You are welcome to believe that clutch exists, but the data doesn't support your theory.

Again, spoken like someone who has never set foot out of a classroom. The studies written on the subject by doctors a lot more knowledgeable than you and your Logic 101-speak are quite definitive.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, spoken like someone who has never set foot out of a classroom. The studies written on the subject by doctors a lot more knowledgeable than you and your Logic 101-speak are quite definitive.
I've spent plenty of time on the baseball field, but that's entirely irrelevant to the conversation. I don't know how to make you see that.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a trend because 1 loss makes people incredibly negative (not saying you, just in general) and then all sorts of negative and angry statements, often with ridiculous hyperbole, get posted. Then people start arguing.

I wouldn't think you would be talking to me, I haven't been "incredibly negative", I was frustrated during the game...fine now, it is what it is.

People are venting because we lost to a not very good team, it's a sports board, I've think that's an okay place to vent.

:noidea:

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... you have to go a long way down to get to her because she has about 10 minutes of air time outside the local makket a year.

OT: TBR bases loaded, no outs, top of the 8th.

Edit ... 3-2 OAK 1 out

No, you have to go a long way to get to her because complete boobs like Randy Galloway, Dale Hansen, Ric Renner, John Rhadigan, and Rick Gosselin can't even get basic facts correct or understand simple nuances of the game. You might not like some of the questions she asks, but she's got those other clowns beat by a mile.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you have to go a long way to get to her because complete boobs like Randy Galloway, Dale Hansen, Ric Renner, John Rhadigan, and Rick Gosselin can't even get basic facts correct or understand simple nuances of the game. You might not like some of the questions she asks, but she's got those other clowns beat by a mile.
Once again...low bar. Being better than Randy Galloway isn't very hard to do.