• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota Twins vs. Texas Rangers 8/30-9/1

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sure it does.

Ran the targeting effort and Joint ATO during the surge in Iraq (late 2006 to early 2008). Had loads of my time in the Army with Air Force and Navy types.

Never fully trusted Army types touching ATOs. Yea ... they knew what was needed ... but didn't necessarily understand which hammer was the better hammer or the risks. That's what happened to the AC-130H during Storm. Great area defense weapon as long as the bad guys don't have a Stinger in their pocket. Ergo ... bad ATO that day resulted in a sitting duck/smoking hole. Wrong weapon in that environment.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Red Sox are planning on moving my not so ex favorite Ranger - Ryan Dempster - to the BP. Now there's a guy I truly do not miss. And speaking of the pen, Wash said one more outing from Feliz and if all goes well, then he'll be back in a "YTB" determined role.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of the Mets, I was questioning why Matt Harvey wasn't rushing off to surgery earlier in the thread.

Well, a little reading does wonders...I should know better.
After reading about 10 articles, it makes sense. There isn't any need to make a decision right now. And Harvey has only consulted with the Met's Physician which is understandable at this point, he's out for the season anyway.
The swelling is undoubtedly still present, and they will want another MRI after the swelling has diminished, obviously giving them a better idea of how severe/minor this tear is.

Having said that, even minor tears have not bode well for the majority of pitchers. The surgery is probably imminent. But Harvey is consulting with pitchers, similar tears that did not have the surgery and had recovered. Can you blame him? He's just absorbing all of this...little doubt he will do what is advised in the end.
If he rushes off today for the surgery, (which by everything I am reading would NEVER happen, they need an a MRI with less swelling) does it make that much of a difference?
Not really. He's out for the majority or all of next season anyway.
Mechanics been a problem? I can't find anything on Harvey's mechanics that indicate a problem, in fact the opposite.

Over pitching before the MLB, could be a culprit.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Red Sox are planning on moving my not so ex favorite Ranger - Ryan Dempster - to the BP. Now there's a guy I truly do not miss. And speaking of the pen, Wash said one more outing from Feliz and if all goes well, then he'll be back in a "YTB" determined role.

Dempster has been a bull most of his career, he's just getting older. He's an incredibly likeable guy, I understand why fans were disappointed last year, but I still think it was a good move by JD.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes he does, I do my best not to notice

Yuck. :doh:

images

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never fully trusted Army types touching ATOs. Yea ... they knew what was needed ... but didn't necessarily understand which hammer was the better hammer or the risks. That's what happened to the AC-130H during Storm. Great area defense weapon as long as the bad guys don't have a Stinger in their pocket. Ergo ... bad ATO that day resulted in a sitting duck/smoking hole. Wrong weapon in that environment.

this is good reading, I wish I had a clue.

I do know we taught some unsavory characters how to use those Stingers...and it came back to haunt us in Mogadishu...
to put it mildly. :(

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did not try to do the ALO's job nor the CAOC's job. I gave them the requirements/effects and they went to their toy box and filled the request. It was much different fighting a counterinsurgency with air assets more suited for LIC (the old term). My job was to work with the ALO on the proposed assets that would fly 48 hours out and match it with the maneuver synch matix of operations ongoing. Tough job in a counterinsurgency when you don't exactly know the time/space for the needed asset other than a planned Air Assault mission.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is good reading, I wish I had a clue.

I do know we taught some unsavory characters how to use those Stingers...and it came back to haunt us in Mogadishu...
to put it mildly. :(

Those were actually Soviet Block RPGs (grenade launchers) they used to down the helos in Mogadishu.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dempster has been a bull most of his career, he's just getting older. He's an incredibly likeable guy, I understand why fans were disappointed last year, but I still think it was a good move by JD.

This one didn't work out so good. But hey, no one hits everything they swing at and JD is no exception. One of the things which I think "psychologically" helps this team is JD is always trying to make the team better, and they know it. See this seasons additions of Rios and Garza. Gotta be a mental lift when the GM is out there hustling.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to my days now working on Fire and Forget weapons. How about you see the ball and you hit the ball really well. And when you are on fire the ball looks like a volleyball. And you do not become a mental case otherwise it looks like a peanut and you swing at everything-aka Hamilton. :laugh3:

:lol:

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the Spectre/Spooky, in Iraq they only flew at night and for SF. Only one conventional type mission comes to mind in early 2007 but was controlled by an SF JTAC. Still at night. Best suited for special ops.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to my days now working on Fire and Forget weapons. How about you see the ball and you hit the ball really well. And when you are on fire the ball looks like a volleyball. And you do not become a mental case otherwise it looks like a peanut and you swing at everything-aka Hamilton. :laugh3:

lol, well played.

That post immediately brought up Bull Durham in my head.
"You hit the ball, you throw the ball, you catch the ball. You got it?!"

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were actually Soviet Block RPGs (grenade launchers) they used to down the helos in Mogadishu.

:agree: But once you start handing out weapons to the "unsavory characters" we have to deal with, it's walking a tight rope for sure. Enemies of enemies make strange bedfellows.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks. :doh: I could have googled, but my first thought about "Stinger" were the grenade launchers.
I told you I didn't have a clue.

Stinger missile?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, well played.

That post immediately brought up Bull Durham in my head.
"You hit the ball, you throw the ball, you catch the ball. You got it?!"

Is Yaseil Puig the author of this quote? Just kidding.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See Murph is in left so Gentry on the bench. Want Gentry's speed. Do not care if a righty is pitching.