• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota Twins vs. Texas Rangers 8/30-9/1

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's an article on Yahoo today regarding the Mets making a run to get Elvis Andrus for next season. I found this article to be of little substance. It's all about how good EA would fit there, and what a great lead-off hitter he'd be, etc. Yet, it says nothing about who they've got which "might" make this an attractive situation for the Rangers. It's only logic is, well then the Rangers can move Profar to SS.

I don't know much about the Mets, but Zach Wheeler is a good young SP who I like. Of course, I'm not anxious to part with Elvis and I don't see how the Mets dealing Wheeler helps them much, even if they could get Elvis in return.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
packaging profar and others for wheeler would be fantastic. ive never even really thought about it. that kid is a stud

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's an article on Yahoo today regarding the Mets making a run to get Elvis Andrus for next season. I found this article to be of little substance. It's all about how good EA would fit there, and what a great lead-off hitter he'd be, etc. Yet, it says nothing about who they've got which "might" make this an attractive situation for the Rangers. It's only logic is, well then the Rangers can move Profar to SS.

Went to check out the story but couldn't find it. Could you post a link please?

Without reading seems like typical east coast media mentality. They think players just move to NY teams in exchange for money (FA process). Am sure there are quite a few examples of NYM or NYY trading for talent ... I just can't remember one that was a success. Help me remember. For the most part IMO ... they got squat in their farm system worth having a conversation about.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without reading seems like typical east coast media mentality. They think players just move to NY teams in exchange for money (FA process). Am sure there are quite a few examples of NYM or NYY trading for talent ... I just can't remember one that was a success. Help me remember. For the most part IMO ... they got squat in their farm system worth having a conversation about.

I can't get this linked for shit. Sorry. The story is 2 hours old and written by Matt Musico. But you've already got it nailed. It's just your typical "if it's good for me, then who gives a crap about you" kind of stories. It's on Yahoo in the center section if you want to put your finger in the pen sharpener anyway.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
packaging profar and others for wheeler would be fantastic. ive never even really thought about it. that kid is a stud

Frankly, this is what makes this article such nonsense. If they got Profar plus package, yet gave up Wheeler, then what are they thinking. The Mets are in no position - at least the little I read about them - to be trading away assets.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can't get this linked for shit. Sorry. The story is 2 hours old and written by Matt Musico. But you've already got it nailed. It's just your typical "if it's good for me, then who gives a crap about you" kind of stories. It's on Yahoo in the center section if you want to put your finger in the pen sharpener anyway.

Here it is ... Y! SPORTS

And you are right ... Musico does not offer anything in the way of how the Mets could deal with TEX.

... "Alderson finally has flexibility to spend money this winter, but there aren't many attractive free-agent options at shortstop. The situation the Texas Rangers are currently in have the makings of an interesting winter -- one that the Mets could benefit from".

Last edited by a moderator:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT ... hint on posting a link. Just highlight the URL in the URL window at the top of the story ... Control + C ... and then put your cursor in the window here and Control + V. Presto ... link is posted.

Thanks again. Damn if I didn't try this and it worked too. hahaha Seriously, appreciate it.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TX leads all AL Divisions with .586 according to MLB standings. Great job Rangers.
BOS .585
DET .582

I was glad Detroit beat Oakland but it was ridiculous that everyone on every network with the MLB being shown or talked about went on and on about how great the Tigers are and with Verlander and Scherzer and so on. Yet not once did they mention that their amazing comeback in the 9th avoided the Tigers from being swept in a 4 game series at home.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ball "speed off the bat" is different than bat speed. Have to think about the physics of angular velocity and ball compression/rebound.

Am just thinking about a pro golfer who it does not appear to be swinging hard/fast either but the acceleration in the last 2" that you don't pick up with your eye that you miss. The new read of speed off the bat that commentators have available now isn't bat speed. Somehow measuring angular speed and acceleration is not within current technology to read.

Wow were you an artillerymen once? Add in MET, rotation of the earth pitch and yaw; two forks and you have a better picture. With regards to how hard Beltre hits the ball I would factor in apogee:)

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow were you an artillerymen once? Add in MET, rotation of the earth pitch and yaw; two forks and you have a better picture. With regards to how hard Beltre hits the ball I would factor in apogee:)

Going back to my days now working on Fire and Forget weapons. How about you see the ball and you hit the ball really well. And when you are on fire the ball looks like a volleyball. And you do not become a mental case otherwise it looks like a peanut and you swing at everything-aka Hamilton. :laugh3:

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Harvey and Wheeler came from their Farm. Don't think they have a RHB OF prospect with power to meet one of our needs. They did get that prospect catcher D'Anauld (sp) in the RA Dickey package from the Jays.

There is one lone wolf Mets poster here on the Mets sportshoopla section that can opine on this. I will give him a ping.

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, this is what makes this article such nonsense. If they got Profar plus package, yet gave up Wheeler, then what are they thinking. The Mets are in no position - at least the little I read about them - to be trading away assets.
I still think are best bet is to deal with the Cards. They need and want a top of the line shortstop....we have 2. They have lots of big bats we'd love to have.....but not Holliday!!! the guys a GIDP machine!!!

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well Harvey and Wheeler came from their Farm. Don't think they have a RHB OF prospect with power to meet one of our needs. They did get that prospect catcher D'Anauld (sp) in the RA Dickey package from the Jays.

There is one lone wolf Mets poster here on the Mets sportshoopla section that can opine on this. I will give him a ping.

See ... this is what I mean. Musico opines about how Elvis would be a fit for NYM ... yet then sounds like TEX is like a SS/2b retail store and all they got to do is get TEX to agree to the cash NYM have to come up with to buy a middle infielder.

Looking at TEX wish list ... which always starts with SP candidates ... right now only has RH COF and C on it. With Alfaro sitting only about 2 - 2.5 years away (if he jumps from AA like Pudge did) ... then 24-yo d'Arnaud (MLB #! catcher) who is just 10 games into his ML career might not have the near term value when measured against the time remaining before Alfaro (MLB #4 catcher) arrives.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pilot. Does getting shot at count?

Sure it does.

Ran the targeting effort and Joint ATO during the surge in Iraq (late 2006 to early 2008). Had loads of my time in the Army with Air Force and Navy types.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Edit from above: Musico makes it sound like EA's fit for NYM is something unique ... which is like saying that Felix Hernandez would be a good fit.

I'm not saying EA would be the guy you would build a team around but he's going to be a fit for the majority of teams in either league.

Since I like analogies ... saying this a totally different way. Was just in Turkey. At a major oriental rug center. Lady was looking at a gorgeous silk on silk 1400 knots to the inch 10' x 15' rug. Price tag was north of $23k. The lady liked the rug because the colors in it would go well with her furniture and wall colorings. Huh? Lady ... if you spend $23k for a rug you don't worry about it matching stuff you got ... you get new stuff and new paint. Well its the same with high end SS ... you don't worry about whether he's a fit or not ... you go out and get the surrounding pieces that complement "the rug" ... or the SS.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See ... this is what I mean. Musico opines about how Elvis would be a fit for NYM ... yet then sounds like TEX is like a SS/2b retail store and all they got to do is get TEX to agree to the cash NYM have to come up with to buy a middle infielder.

Musico, give google a try.

First on your search list,
Jon Daniels.

That is all