• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Silver on Interview: "This Was a Failure on Tom Brady's Part"

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice initially got 2(before the video emerged). Josh Gordon got 2 games for failing a drug test. You think this is worse than punching women and failing drug tests?
Yes I do. I can keep on saying this over and over if it will eventually sink in, but he LIED about it and OBSTRUCTED an investigation. These make it bad enough to do more.

We aren't asking which is a worse thing to do as a human being, we are asking which should bring a bigger response from their employer. Doing something to cheat the game (no matter how minor many perceive it) should be a bigger deal than being a jackass on your off time.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do. I can keep on saying this over and over if it will eventually sink in, but he LIED about it and OBSTRUCTED an investigation. These make it bad enough to do more.

We aren't asking which is a worse thing to do as a human being, we are asking which should bring a bigger response from their employer. Doing something to cheat the game (no matter how minor many perceive it) should be a bigger deal than being a jackass on your off time.

So, players that fail drug tests aren't "cheating the game"? Interesting.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Media columnist Michael Silver: 'This interview was a failure on New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's part' - NFL Videos

Watch the video.

Michael Silver (NFL Media Relations) says Tom Brady's interview was avoidance bullshit and at the end calls it what it is; "a joke!"

He has two options if he's innocent (which, of course, we all know he is NOT):

1.) Answer the questions with a logical response (not amateurish avoidance bullshit), or
2.) Come clean. Tell the truth. Apologize. Be bathed in the glory and love of Pats fans everywhere.
What Clinton Cash and Deflategate have in common

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Rice used stickum on his gloves after it was banned in the NFL.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are equating someone caught under the substance abuse policy to someone caught in a sting orchestrated after complaints of in game cheating? Interesting.

I don't care how many ways you ask it or how many prior cases you try to dredge up. Cheating is bad. Lying about cheating is worse. Obstructing a case looking into your direct involvement in cheating is really bad. The latter should draw AT LEAST 4 games. I've been very very clear on this.

Show me where anyone else has willfully cheated, lied about it, and stood in the way of an investigation and I'll say they too should have faced at least 4 games. There is no inconsistency here. Just fans of the Pats desperately trying to turn this into something it is not.

This isn't about Rodgers saying one time he liked his over the limit. I don't recall hearing him say he did so in games and had people take balls after they were checked and overinflated them before taking them to the field. If he did then he too should face at least a fine. Why just a fine and not suspension? Because he was fucking honest about it. It's really that simple.

This has nothing to do with domestic violence or drunk driving or anything else that happens outside of the game.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the former teammates saying how they noticed this practice with the football? What about the refs that handle the ball on every snap? Nobody ever noticed?
Most football players never even touch the ball.

Only a QB would know IMO.

I don't even know why a ref would be thinking about it.

It was a miracle that an intercepting linebacker noticed.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice in the report how the NFL brushes their poor handling of everything is brushed under the rug, and relegated to foot note. :nod:

Putting aside for a moment whether TB12 tampered with footballs, I think the bigger scandal is the league office and how it handles everything.

Said the Patriot's fan.

It's not my cheating team. Again.

It's the league.

What a joke!

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice got a 2 game suspension last year before the video came out. I certainly don't think what Brady (maybe) did is as bad as that; or a failed drug test.

He cheated between the white lines, Bro!

Having an adverse effect on the other team.

Arguably the off the field stuff is bogus, but on field?

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forget who it was, but someone already went there on one of these threads.:lol:

Birds of a feather

Flock together.

Jerry Sandusky/Tom Brady.

2 guys who will look you in the eye and lie to your face.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh believe me we all do right or wrong you are the biggest pats defender out there. Just a little more educated than rock...but in the end it's all the same ball of wax.

It seems more like Dumb & Dumber to me.

I wouldn't know how you find one to be brighter than the other.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems more like Dumb & Dumber to me.

I wouldn't know how you find one to be brighter than the other.

I see a killing spree in Thumper's near future.

Still melting down I see. :pound:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has small hands for a QB so if his hands are cold dropping the pressure would obviously help him. If not why would he have said that he prefers a softer ball? You don't even know your own QB's preferences? I'm sure that he probably would prefer it all the time because that's what he was used to but it wouldn't be as much of a factor in the warm weather games...laugh all you want as you won't be laughing later.[/QUOTE]

Smile%20Now%20Cry%20Later-134051.gif

Pats fans.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has small hands for a QB so if his hands are cold dropping the pressure would obviously help him. If not why would he have said that he prefers a softer ball? You don't even know your own QB's preferences? I'm sure that he probably would prefer it all the time because that's what he was used to but it wouldn't be as much of a factor in the warm weather games...laugh all you want as you won't be laughing later.

Smile%20Now%20Cry%20Later-134051.gif

Pats fans.[/QUOTE]

Thumper in full meltdown, :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are an investigator I suggest that you change professions.....if you were a squirrel you wouldn't find a nut..never mind a deflated football. I remember why I don't enjoy chatting with you as you don't seem to have 1 ounce of common sense when it comes to the pats.

Good stuff, FlyerFinFan!

Whatever he investigates, there must be a lot of happy people pulling stunts right under his nose and laughing about it.

42b5384b728af513f75b3996e3419190.jpg

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice initially got 2(before the video emerged). Josh Gordon got 2 games for failing a drug test. You think this is worse than punching women and failing drug tests?

Yes.

That's off the field stuff.

This is between the lines cheating on the field.

And lying.

Covering up.

Failing to cooperate.

Acting arrogant.

Thumbing his nose at the Comissioner and the League.

Embarrassing the League and the game.

Full year suspension.

Should teach him. Maybe he just retires. No loss. He's a Lying Scumbag.

Never again will he mentioned along with the great QBs of the game.

Baugh, Unitus, Starr, Staubach, Tarkington, Bradshaw, Montana, Farve, Elway, Manning, Marino.

Brady will be forgotten. And the Patriots. Who sucked for 40 years before they cheated their way to a few titles when the rest of the league was down but playing fair.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Failing for smoking pot?

Or steroids?

Either way, arguably doesn't really help.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thumper meltdown

:pop2::pop2:

No matter what you do- 81+ negative ratings of my posts that you haven't even read-

I will still have a few more Hundred positive ratings than you.

:comeatmebro:

All you've got is Patriot Nation. Those of them who will lower themselves to do your bidding.

Me? I've just got the American Nation behind me. The good guys of Sportshoopla.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No matter what you do- 81+ negative ratings of my posts that you haven't even read-

I will still have a few more Hundred positive ratings than you.

:comeatmebro:

All you've got is Patriot Nation. Those of them who will lower themselves to do your bidding.

Me? I've just got the American Nation behind me. The good guys of Sportshoopla.

:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Go on.

:pop2: