• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Silver on Interview: "This Was a Failure on Tom Brady's Part"

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And have still been caught less times than the Skins. LMFAO

Your QB, who is about to get sat down for a year, lies and cheats and we all know it.

Lose a first round draft pick and get a hefty fine as a REPEAT OFFENDER.

And YOU know it to.

You're hurting.

You can take it out on me.

I've got strong shoulders that you can cry on.

So I'm there for you.

But your pointless deflections about other teams demonstrate your true frustration and pain.

Nobody will think Brady and the Pats don't cheat because some other team had a salary cap violation.

Fans don't care about that stuff.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your QB, who is about to get sat down for a year, lies and cheats and we all know it.

Lose a first round draft pick and get a hefty fine as a REPEAT OFFENDER.

And YOU know it to.

You're hurting.

You can take it out on me.

I've got strong shoulders that you can cry on.

So I'm there for you.

But your pointless deflections about other teams demonstrate your true frustration and pain.

Nobody will think Brady and the Pats don't cheat because some other team had a salary cap violation.

Fans don't care about that stuff.

Go on. :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

:pop2::pop2:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually popcorn sounds good. Think I'll grab some for later while out picking up dinner.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Bullshit and rainbow smileys flying left and right.

:pop2::pop2:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now someone is using the report button. Come on guys, let's not get so worked up here.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Failing for smoking pot?

Or steroids?

Either way, arguably doesn't really help.

So, failing for "performance enhancing" drugs doesn't cheat the game? It doesn't affect the action on the field? Amazing stuff.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, failing for "performance enhancing" drugs doesn't cheat the game? It doesn't affect the action on the field? Amazing stuff.

It might or it might not really. Messing up one's body. Maybe short term.

Thumper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like air in the football "might or might not" help?

It is a rule. And Brady said in a quote a few years back that he likes an under inflated ball. Did you know that?

I trust him to know what works best for him.

But Manning didn't get that edge.

We agree sometimes but in this cases I think they should throw the book at Brady as he is mocking the league and the game itself.

And guys get hit hard for peds, I thought. But it doesn't matter. Apples & oranges.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because I am a Lions fan and have never had any hope for a Super Bowl, or maybe it's because I am a Wolverine fan and Brady was a back-up quarterback, but I don't see what the big story is. Was it because the ball was under inflated (because the officials couldn't tell) or because he lied about it (Obama told me I could keep my doctor and we re-elected him)?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because I am a Lions fan and have never had any hope for a Super Bowl, or maybe it's because I am a Wolverine fan and Brady was a back-up quarterback, but I don't see what the big story is. Was it because the ball was under inflated (because the officials couldn't tell) or because he lied about it (Obama told me I could keep my doctor and we re-elected him)?
Because he lied.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why he lied, it stupid, but I understand. It it worthy of a suspension? Does he have an obligation to tell us the truth? I don't see the story.
You are right. From now on we should have zero consequences for not being honest. I mean that won't lead to even more people lying since nothing happens if you get caught or anything. :L

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand why he lied, it stupid, but I understand. It it worthy of a suspension? Does he have an obligation to tell us the truth? I don't see the story.
It sure is worthy of some time off. Looked what he put the NFL thru. For what? Like you said it was stupid to lie. Shoot air pressure isn't a big deal....but to have equipment personnel tamper with it after they have been checked, it's going to look bad, thus the lieing begins. Now the NFL had to do a big investigation , receive all this bad PR. So yeah the hammer is coming down. Count on it.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. From now on we should have zero consequences for not being honest. I mean that won't lead to even more people lying since nothing happens if you get caught or anything. :L

It sure is worthy of some time off. Looked what he put the NFL thru. For what? Like you said it was stupid to lie. Shoot air pressure isn't a big deal....but to have equipment personnel tamper with it after they have been checked, it's going to look bad, thus the lieing begins. Now the NFL had to do a big investigation , receive all this bad PR. So yeah the hammer is coming down. Count on it.

I understand what you are saying, but the press made it a much bigger story than it should be. Had Matthew Stafford under inflated the football ... no story.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we should make huge stories out of some homeless dude stealing some crab legs just like we do very public figures like Winston.

Makes sense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we should make huge stories out of some homeless dude stealing some crab legs just like we do very public figures like Winston.

Makes sense.
He's in the NFL now. He lied. Never came clean. Has a Hiesman. Was the # 1 pick. Good lord what has the NFL become allowing liars to play in their precious league? People get off your high horse about the lieing. Cheating I got it. Cover up I got it. But telling a lie really hypocrits?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So sarcasm with extremes as a rebuttal means I'm championing killing all liars?

Ok, if you say so.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Difference is for one, Pats have a clearly established pattern of cheating. I always respected what they had done prior to this and dismissed Spygate as an overblown issue, but looking back now everything they've done is tainted. Look at how close their SB wins have been. Any advantage in helping them win OR get there, hiwever slight, may have been the tipping point in them winning it all. Can you say Jerry Rice systematically cheated over and over again? Of course not.

The most laughable assertion is that the Pats are going to "make the league pay" next yr. This isn't 2007. Pats struggled through a good portion of the regular season and tough they were the best team last yr, certainly weren't dominant. I'd put my money on 9 or 10 wins, tops.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is for one, Pats have a clearly established pattern of cheating. I always respected what they had done prior to this and dismissed Spygate as an overblown issue, but looking back now everything they've done is tainted. Look at how close their SB wins have been. Any advantage in helping them win OR get there, hiwever slight, may have been the tipping point in them winning it all. Can you say Jerry Rice systematically cheated over and over again? Of course not.

The most laughable assertion is that the Pats are going to "make the league pay" next yr. This isn't 2007. Pats struggled through a good portion of the regular season and tough they were the best team last yr, certainly weren't dominant. I'd put my money on 9 or 10 wins, tops.

And at some point soon Brady is going to have to hang em' up. My guess is at this point it's all about racking up yards and dollars because he's going to look horrible next season.