• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Silver on Interview: "This Was a Failure on Tom Brady's Part"

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Media columnist Michael Silver: 'This interview was a failure on New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's part' - NFL Videos

Watch the video.

Michael Silver (NFL Media Relations) says Tom Brady's interview was avoidance bullshit and at the end calls it what it is; "a joke!"

He has two options if he's innocent (which, of course, we all know he is NOT):

1.) Answer the questions with a logical response (not amateurish avoidance bullshit), or
2.) Come clean. Tell the truth. Apologize. Be bathed in the glory and love of Pats fans everywhere.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really obvious and poor use of cliches in that ridiculous farce last night. What do you expect from NE fans? Do you think they are going to show any integrity and call out the PATS for wrongdoing? Heck no! They should equally expect that the rest of the world is going to call BS on them.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really obvious and poor use of cliches in that ridiculous farce last night. What do you expect from NE fans? Do you think they are going to show any integrity and call out the PATS for wrongdoing? Heck no! They should equally expect that the rest of the world is going to call BS on them.

:pound:

I was honestly waiting for him to say "But but but what about Aaron Hernandez!" :L

Embarrassingly bad is what that was. That was about as sharp as a 20 yard Brady pass.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question : Is Tom Brady a cheater?
Tom Brady: No I don't think so.

So if the cops asked you if you're a murderer (and you're innocent) you look them in the eye and said "No, I don't think so"???

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm not a cheater. I'm not, I'm not, I'm not!!!" - Tommy Terrible

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible body language by Tom Brady, always breaking eye contact whenever he was asked something. He has "no time to digest" the report? BS. A report that will destroy any credibility for him? yet he hasn't had time, nor interest. Right! He is a disgrace to this league, along with the patriots. I hope he ends as the Lance Armstrong of the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On his comment about not quite having time to digest the report one of the media folks said "If this were Peyton Manning by this point he would have had the thing memorized and a 150 page rebuttal refuting everything in the report." You can't tell me he hasn't had time to digest this. Heck they have been questioning him and he has been communicating with the other two guys knowing exactly what the investigators found. This is what happens with lying is once you start it is hard to climb out of that hole that you keep digging. His response to me if I was the guy handing out the punishment just made me tack on a few extra games as the smug attitude and way he answered the questions was ridiculous. How about show some understanding of the situation and that this is a big deal to the media and to us as fans.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was a real man, a real leader, he'd own up to his actions. Instead the deceit continues.

1. His face is stiff and rigid, a sign that he's uncomfortable
2. When asked about the Super Bowl being tainted, he says "absolutely not" while nodding his head up and down in a "yes" motion. In psychology, that is known as a subconscious tell that he's lying. I learned this in a basic high school course!
3. This is not about whether or not the Patriots would have won vs. the Colts with or without ball deflation, this is about integrity of the game.
4. The football is literally the name of the game. It is the centerpiece, the most sacred part of the game. You can't tamper with the football AFTER inspection, and then attempt to justify it by "we would have won anyway".
5. Anyone still trying to deflect, and throw Aaron Rodgers under the bus for his alleged comments: he said that he liked to overinflate and then "let them take air out if they want", meaning he still allowed inspection of the balls by the officials. Brady's offenses occurred AFTER the official inspection, which is why it is outside the rules.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was a real man, a real leader, he'd own up to his actions. Instead the deceit continues.

1. His face is stiff and rigid, a sign that he's uncomfortable
2. When asked about the Super Bowl being tainted, he says "absolutely not" while nodding his head up and down in a "yes" motion. In psychology, that is known as a subconscious tell that he's lying. I learned this in a basic high school course!
3. This is not about whether or not the Patriots would have won vs. the Colts with or without ball deflation, this is about integrity of the game.
4. The football is literally the name of the game. It is the centerpiece, the most sacred part of the game. You can't tamper with the football AFTER inspection, and then attempt to justify it by "we would have won anyway".
5. Anyone still trying to deflect, and throw Aaron Rodgers under the bus for his alleged comments: he said that he liked to overinflate and then "let them take air out if they want", meaning he still allowed inspection of the balls by the officials. Brady's offenses occurred AFTER the official inspection, which is why it is outside the rules.

The problem with reading body language is that if you don't have a base to work with on the individual you have to take what you're detecting with a grain of salt.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course this was after he awkwardly tried to let the crowd answer for him.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible body language by Tom Brady, always breaking eye contact whenever he was asked something. He has "no time to digest" the report? BS. A report that will destroy any credibility for him? yet he hasn't had time, nor interest. Right! He is a disgrace to this league, along with the patriots. I hope he ends as the Lance Armstrong of the NFL.

Perfect example of what I just posted. For example I have a tendancy to look down when asked a question, "breaking eye contact". It's how I go into thought regarding the answer. Body language is not real reliable as a general use and requires extensive training and knowledge of the individual being questioned.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with reading body language is that if you don't have a base to work with on the individual you have to take what you're detecting with a grain of salt.
Holy shit. You're even going to argue body language? You're boy got caught in a lie already but you're going to believe every thing because well, he's your boy.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. You're even going to argue body language? You're boy got caught in a lie already but you're going to believe every thing because well, he's your boy.

Oh he very well could be lying. And I was just pointing out you shouldn't jumped to conclusions on body language. You know, act and think like an adult.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the former teammates saying how they noticed this practice with the football? What about the refs that handle the ball on every snap? Nobody ever noticed?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are the former teammates saying how they noticed this practice with the football? What about the refs that handle the ball on every snap? Nobody ever noticed?

Notice in the report how the NFL brushes their poor handling of everything is brushed under the rug, and relegated to foot note. :nod:

Putting aside for a moment whether TB12 tampered with footballs, I think the bigger scandal is the league office and how it handles everything.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh he very well could be lying. And I was just pointing out you shouldn't jumped to conclusions on body language. You know, act and think like an adult.
He's already a PROVEN liar when he said he did not know who McNally was. That's when he knew he was busted and he's been lying about it since.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Rice got a 2 game suspension last year before the video came out. I certainly don't think what Brady (maybe) did is as bad as that; or a failed drug test.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's already a PROVEN liar when he said he did not know who McNally was. That's when he knew he was busted and he's been lying about it since.

Lol, that's the smoking gun. You got it all figured out inspector Clouseau.:pound:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not as bad as Joe Paterno was when it comes to the lies now, is he?? Penn State! Lol! Cast those stones!!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not as bad as Joe Paterno was when it comes to the lies now, is he?? Penn State! Lol! Cast those stones!!

I forget who it was, but someone already went there on one of these threads.:lol: