• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Silver on Interview: "This Was a Failure on Tom Brady's Part"

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There could be one line saying brady is guilty and you'd still defend him...its in your nature. Use common sense man...

I don't think you have a clue what I've been discussing and believe.:L

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't this covered quite extensively before the SB when this all came up?

Refs do handle game balls a lot, but they aren't squeezing them. Lots of media outlets did tests with balls between 10psi and 15psi and asked people to tell the difference and it's something likely no one but the QB would notice. The force of their grip does change with that little difference, but no one else would likely know.

Now for the balls that other teams said was noticeable? If weather really does have an impact I'd guess if Brady was having them go down to 10-11 as it was AND it's cold and they shrank more it might be noticable by those that handle them every day? :noidea:

These continued desperate attempts to deflect are entertaining, but futile.

Playing with a ball at 10-11 psi isn't going to dramatically change the game. It just isn't. It was likely more a mental thing. At some point he had a fantastic practice/game with a lighter ball and so in his mind it made a difference and he wanted to keep doing them that way.

This is what makes it so fucking stupid. He can clearly still throw just fine with a regulation ball and yet in his own compulsive arrogance decided to throw the rules out the window and have his equipment guys cheat for him. The unmitigated gall to be that selfish for something that likely has nothing more than a mental impact on the game at all is astounding. For that alone he deserves his suspension.
I still believe that a softer ball helps in cold or wet weather..just try it. Gives you a better grip.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe that a softer ball helps in cold or wet weather..just try it. Gives you a better grip.
1. in cold/wet weather the ball naturally gets softer. It's the entire premise of their defense.
2. Brady has played in cooler weather with regulation balls and played fine.

I didn't say there is ZERO help in dropping them down, but it is so minor as to only be explainable as a mental thing. I play better with lighter balls so therefor I do. It's his confidence with having them that was the difference far more than actual impact on how he grips or throws the ball.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you have a clue what I've been discussing and believe.:L
Oh believe me we all do right or wrong you are the biggest pats defender out there. Just a little more educated than rock...but in the end it's all the same ball of wax.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Inside joke. Just giving my good buddy a bit of a ribbing.

I'm sure Rock is just busy selling nuclear reactor parts to the Iranians and not simply avoiding talking about this uncomfortable unpleasantness.

(That will be another inside joke.)

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. in cold/wet weather the ball naturally gets softer. It's the entire premise of their defense.
2. Brady has played in cooler weather with regulation balls and played fine.

I didn't say there is ZERO help in dropping them down, but it is so minor as to only be explainable as a mental thing. I play better with lighter balls so therefor I do. It's his confidence with having them that was the difference far more than actual impact on how he grips or throws the ball.
You may be right but we always let the air out a bit during cold weather otherwise you'd break a finger trying to catch that rock...it also made it easier to throw. During the rain the ball would get slick so the little extra grip didn't hurt either.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just stating the obvious.:pound:
Boy will you be in serious mental trouble when the Fins get better and you can't pull out that card to make you feel better....one day it will come probably sooner than you think.

In the meantime your poster child is hanging on the shit rope and with every lie he's sliding further down it....

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't this covered quite extensively before the SB when this all came up?

Refs do handle game balls a lot, but they aren't squeezing them. Lots of media outlets did tests with balls between 10psi and 15psi and asked people to tell the difference and it's something likely no one but the QB would notice. The force of their grip does change with that little difference, but no one else would likely know.

Now for the balls that other teams said was noticeable? If weather really does have an impact I'd guess if Brady was having them go down to 10-11 as it was AND it's cold and they shrank more it might be noticable by those that handle them every day? :noidea:

Playing with a ball at 10-11 psi isn't going to dramatically change the game. It just isn't. It was likely more a mental thing. At some point he had a fantastic practice/game with a lighter ball and so in his mind it made a difference and he wanted to keep doing them that way.

This is what makes it so fucking stupid. He can clearly still throw just fine with a regulation ball and yet in his own compulsive arrogance decided to throw the rules out the window and have his equipment guys cheat for him. The unmitigated gall to be that selfish for something that likely has nothing more than a mental impact on the game at all is astounding. For that alone he deserves his suspension.

I just want the smoking gun. I want an ex-teammate who knows something about this to speak out. I don't like the grey area here where we can all have to fill in the blanks. I don't see how this even helps the QB. He carved up that Seattle D just fine without any help from a "lighter" ball.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just want the smoking gun. I want an ex-teammate who knows something about this to speak out. I don't like the grey area here where we can all have to fill in the blanks. I don't see how this even helps the QB. He carved up that Seattle D just fine without any help from a "lighter" ball.[/QUOTE]

To be honest he probably only requested this from his ball boys during cold or wet games...fair weather such as the super bowl probably didn't matter to him. Hence the good results in those warm weather games without the pressure being dropped...makes perfect sense if you think about it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want the smoking gun. I want an ex-teammate who knows something about this to speak out. I don't like the grey area here where we can all have to fill in the blanks. I don't see how this even helps the QB. He carved up that Seattle D just fine without any help from a "lighter" ball.

To be honest he probably only requested this from his ball boys during cold or wet games...fair weather such as the super bowl probably didn't matter to him. Hence the good results in those warm weather games without the pressure being dropped...makes perfect sense if you think about it.[/QUOTE]
:L

:pound:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest he probably only requested this from his ball boys during cold or wet games...fair weather such as the super bowl probably didn't matter to him. Hence the good results in those warm weather games without the pressure being dropped...makes perfect sense if you think about it.
:L

:pound:[/QUOTE]

He has small hands for a QB so if his hands are cold dropping the pressure would obviously help him. If not why would he have said that he prefers a softer ball? You don't even know your own QB's preferences? I'm sure that he probably would prefer it all the time because that's what he was used to but it wouldn't be as much of a factor in the warm weather games...laugh all you want as you won't be laughing later.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone botching the quote feature all of a sudden?

Is it because of the weather conditions?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The leagues not innocent either but it doesn't make what brady did any better...

and the league admits they don't have their officials write down the psi of the balls before,during and after the games

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is everyone botching the quote feature all of a sudden?

Is it because of the weather conditions?

I'm not sure what happened there something screwy I blame deflated balls....

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has small hands for a QB so if his hands are cold dropping the pressure would obviously help him. If not why would he have said that he prefers a softer ball? You don't even know your own QB's preferences? I'm sure that he probably would prefer it all the time because that's what he was used to but it wouldn't be as much of a factor in the warm weather games...laugh all you want as you won't be laughing later.[/QUOTE]

Wholly crap are you an idiot.

Pioli described a "bad decision" he contributed to during his time in New England by selecting former Texas Tech quarterback Kliff Kingsbury back in 2003. Kingsbury had tremendous college production, but he also had the smallest hands among quarterbacks at the combine.

"We asked him to come to New England in inclement weather and try to throw the football and control the football; where you have someone like Tom Brady, who has an enormous hand," he recalled.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the league admits they don't have their officials write down the psi of the balls before,during and after the games

Doesn't change the fact Brady is lying....that's what's ultimately going to get him unless he changes his tune soon.