• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady just can't put himself with all the

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so. But if I could have plugged Brady into Montana's role with the 49ers, I think he would have been OK there, too. Don't hate Brady for succeeding in a good system. Instead, wonder why your team isn't able to emulate the same success.

I hate you guys, but I do appreciate what you have done. Belichick took the West Coast offense, and morphed it with the spread offense to create what the Patriots have done, and it's ground breaking. Props for sure. Brady and Montana are the ultimate examples of being smart and taking what the defense gives you.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes always shown a great deal of humility about his place in nfl history.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by your own admission Tom Brady isn't a fundamental QB. You might even say his skills are severely eroded and a liability for the team. Personally, I just make it easy and say he's atrocious.

Eroding? Not quite. He had his 3rd or 4th best season ever this year. And he did it without HGH, too. Keep fucking that chicken, though. Eventually Brady will actually be declining and you will be ready.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had his 3rd or 4th best season ever this year.

Which isn't saying much for him. With the most amazing accumulation of offensive talent on one team in the history of the league, this season was an abject failure. He's holding a very great team hostage. They can't win with that bum under center.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes always shown a great deal of humility about his place in nfl history.

Right. And he also "cares very, very much about the integrity of the game" too. :rolleyes2:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which isn't saying much for him. With the most amazing accumulation of offensive talent on one team in the history of the league, this season was an abject failure. He's holding a very great team hostage. They can't win with that bum under center.

They've already won 4 Super Bowls with that "bum" under center. I'll take that every time.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've already won 4 Super Bowls with that "bum" under center. I'll take that every time.

I can think of maybe three years he's played that another team in the AFC was better. He's cost them. Lots!

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK...

He would be the greatest if he had Manning's receivers for his career.

If intangibles could be measured he would be the greatest.

If the NFL wasn't so pro Peyton he would be the greatest.

Anything else am I missing????

and the counter argument he wasn't even the best at Michigan when he played in college.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<Shudders>
Been thinking about him a lot with the OL the Pats fielded late in the season. Still has the record, sacked 59 times in one season.

I grew up watching those Grogan and Eason teams that were absolutely awful. I never expected that we would see them win a Title(let alone 4 of them). We have been very fortunate. And they should be right back at the top of the heap next year, too.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up watching those Grogan and Eason teams that were absolutely awful. I never expected that we would see them win a Title(let alone 4 of them). We have been very fortunate. And they should be right back at the top of the heap next year, too.
The bad years sucked but that's why it feels so go to have great teams now. Kids don't get that.
The news that Scar might be coming back puts a big smile on my face.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is the best example of just how easy it is to be a QB in this league now. Snap the ball, toss the ball 3 or 4 yards ahead to a fast or physical player and watch him gain the yards for you! Nah. Who needs to throw the ball down the field right? :dhd:

You do realize that Bill Walsh's, West Coast offense is based on this.?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that Bill Walsh's, West Coast offense is based on this.?

I do. The West Coast offense is the most QB friendly. One of the main reasons the Niners and Pats were able to be so successful. They both revolutionized it in different ways.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. The West Coast offense is the most QB friendly. One of the main reasons the Niners and Pats were able to be so successful. They both revolutionized it in different ways.

Exactly. And how many QB's fail at it. I never understood the bullshit about not throwing deep. Moving the chains and scoring is what matters. It doesn't matter if it takes two plays or twelve. The defense gets rest also.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. And how many QB's fail at it. I never understood the bullshit about not throwing deep. Moving the chains and scoring is what matters. It doesn't matter if it takes two plays or twelve. The defense gets rest also.

Yeah. That was always the downfall of Peyton's and Marino's offenses. The defenses suffered because they couldn't control the clock with the running game. They might have been better athletes, better equipped to throw the ball down the field, but it sure as hell isn't the smart thing to do. Ball control offense will always win in the end. Very few anomalies there. Those being Rodgers and Brees. Because they were just so damn good that it didn't matter and they didn't need to run the ball. I'll be the first to admit that in 2006, Peyton won that SB because of the defense and running game in the playoffs.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. That was always the downfall of Peyton's and Marino's offenses. The defenses suffered because they couldn't control the clock with the running game. They might have been better athletes, better equipped to throw the ball down the field, but it sure as hell isn't the smart thing to do. Ball control offense will always win in the end. Very few anomalies there. Those being Rodgers and Brees. Because they were just so damn good that it didn't matter and they didn't need to run the ball. I'll be the first to admit that in 2006, Peyton won that SB because of the defense and running game in the playoffs.

You can add the Jim Kelly Bills to that list also. The K-Gun was fun to watch but that defense was on the field way too much. Add Favre too.

I always that Marino would get back to the SB. Unfortunately the Bills were in his way. And the one year they got screwed when playing the Chargers.

Health is so important at the end of the year. Athletes hate to use it as an excuse but as fans, come on. Bob Sanders was huge for the 2006 Colts. No Rodney Harrison for in the same game. There is a long list of teams and games.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What else do you expect from the GOAT?

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gonna be cool seeing Julian Edelman in the HOF next to Jerry Rice.