• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wins are not a QB stat...but here's one that is

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lamar chokes on peen
Dick Wolf Yes GIF by Wolf Entertainment

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins are absolutely tracked as a stat for QBs. Fair or not, Ws count just as much as Ls for QBs. Write a letter to Rodger Goodell expressing your displeasure that they are if you don’t like it…

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins are absolutely tracked as a stat for QBs. Fair or not, Ws count just as much as Ls for QBs. Write a letter to Rodger Goodell expressing your displeasure that they are if you don’t like it…

all day

we idolize Tom Brady and Joe Montana and people know who the fuck Terry Bradshaw is because they won big games.

Jim Kelly is a few plays away from being all time.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even as a Browns fan go look at Bernie Kosars stats...even adjusted for generation they aren't anything crazy special

But he was the qb that led Cleveland to 3 AFC titles appearances

So his status is elevated

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all day

we idolize Tom Brady and Joe Montana and people know who the fuck Terry Bradshaw is because they won big games.

Jim Kelly is a few plays away from being all time.
That's kind of my point, Jim Kelly IS all time. Is it his fault Norwood missed the kick?

It's a team sport, the most team sport there is. No QB wins a game alone.

Or are we saying Jimmy 5 playoff wins Garoppolo is better than Lamar 2 playoff wins Jackson? That's 150% more playoff winning for the pretty boy.

Bradshaw is a good example no one puts him on all time great lists above 10

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of my point, Jim Kelly IS all time. Is it his fault Norwood missed the kick?

Bradshaw is a good example no one puts him on all time great lists above 10

they don't now

they did in the 90s

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh yeah a lot fewer QBs then. Again, Kelly is an all time great. That Bills team is arguably one of the best ever, no other team has been to 3 SBs in a row let alone 4.

do you think people see Kelly in a larger light than Bradshaw?

really?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put it this way, if someone told me Bradshaw was a better QB than Jim Kelly, I'd tune most everything else after that.

I'd most certainly put Kelly over Bradshaw. I'm just saying in terms of historical relevance when you're telling the story of the NFL many are going to view Bradshaw one way and Kelly another. and it is because of wins on the big stage.

Dan Marino is arguably the most talented qb ever. But he never won the big game. His legacy is what it is because of it.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd most certainly put Kelly over Bradshaw. I'm just saying in terms of historical relevance when you're telling the story of the NFL many are going to view Bradshaw one way and Kelly another. and it is because of wins on the big stage.

Dan Marino is arguably the most talented qb ever. But he never won the big game. His legacy is what it is because of it.
It's about the conversation you are having. Casuals will look at guys with rings and assume they were better. People that pay attention know all about Marino, you can make a case HE was GOAT.

Legacy, sure, the stories we tell about sports is a big part of it. The Bills' legacy is 4 losses in a row, but even a tiny bit of critical thinking and you realize holy shit getting to 4 SBs in a row is crazy and may never happen again. That was an all time great team.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my whole thing here is obviously wins is not the be all end all for qbs and we want to use a guy like Jimmy G to point out why it's flawed.

I'm just stating there are reasons why it'd a factor. End of day they are the leader of the team and it separates qbs by tier imo. How would Eli be viewed if he didn't go on 2 Super Bowl runs?

It has made or broken a few legacies

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelly had nothing to do with Norwood missing the FG.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jim Kelly conversation is interesting. The Scott Norwood miss in the first one is the big story. But vs Washington, he played awful. Under 50% passing with 4 picks. He did have his only 2 SB TD passes vs. the Skins. The first Dallas loss, he got hurt early and knocked out of the game but had 2 picks and was sacked twice before that. Then was okay in the second Dallas match-up but 0 TDs and 1 Int. Granted at that time the NFC was such a dominant conference but Kelly was not a big game player in those moments. Having said that, he had a great career and had he even won one of those, his legacy could have been different. After all, Peyton Manning never played great in the big game but has 2 rings in his 4 trips. Not taking anything away from Manning here but the SB is a different animal than the regular season as we all know.