• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jerry on Romo

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. A Cowboy fan starting a thought with "if the COWBOYS win the Super Bowl" and ending it with "Heaven help us all"??? I think that pretty much sums you up. Agenda over all else.

Do you actually know how to read? Speaking of Cherry picking and selective editing'
Nice job......Are you a relative of Jerry Jones?.....And I believe you were the one who was the OP
If I would have posted those articles, I would have been accused of THE ROMO AGENDA......
Jerry has been such a great GM the last 20 years.
Jerry once said, Jerry Jones the owner would not have tolerated Jerry Jones GM.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Bills could have interest in trading for Tony Romo.

The Bills have yet to make a decision on Tyrod Taylor, but can get out of his contract this offseason. Trading for Romo would give Buffalo a proven starter to complement a strong run game and defense. Romo would likely need to take a pay cut to facilitate any deal.
You know, that team would look pretty damn interesting with Romo. That said, the Taylor kid has a lot of talent, I think they would be wise to stick with that kid

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as if Troy never met Jerry before. Where has he been??? Welcome to our world Troy,,,finally...

Troy Aikman: Jerry Jones should shut up on QB situation | New York Post

“I’m just really dumbfounded by the comments, and not only the first time, but why they continue,” Aikman said Thursday on 1310 The Ticket. “I don’t understand why you would talk.”

Aikman doesn’t think Jones is right for dismissing what Prescott has done, including winning 11 of 13 games. Sure, Romo winning a Super Bowl with the Cowboys this year would be a great story, but Prescott becoming the first rookie quarterback to win a ring would be equally great.

“If Tony ends up getting in the game at some point, great,” Aikman told The Ticket. “But to dismiss what a young rookie quarterback has done — know what would be a great story would be if a rookie quarterback takes this team to a Super Bowl championship. That’d be a great story.”

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to see Troy Aikman taking my side..........
His sideline rant, in the NFL Network's A Football Life / Troy Aikman, kinda ripped Jerry a new one, also

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's as if Troy never met Jerry before. Where has he been??? Welcome to our world Troy,,,finally...

Welcome to our world, Troy.........REALLY?........you don't speak for me jarntt

He's a three time Super Bowl Champion and a Super Bowl MVP.......
He's kind of an expert on Jerry Jones......

And you would be?

My question is..........Where have you been jarntt?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to our world, Troy.........REALLY?........you don't speak for me jarntt

He's a three time Super Bowl Champion and a Super Bowl MVP.......
He's kind of an expert on Jerry Jones......

And you would be?

My question is..........Where have you been jarntt?
Did you eat paint chips as a kid???

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That moron Jerry Jones al

you left off that those morons Jerry and Garrett led us to a 4 win shitty season last year. thank God someone else took over this year and has us at 11-1...

Some of you need to get behind Dak and Garrett and I guess Jerry to and root for THIS team...or go find another team to root for. If you can't enjoy the ride this year you never will. This has been one of our best seasons so far, but some of you still find things to whine and be unhappy about

I guess Aikman shouldn't be complaining?
and maybe that former QB, who helped win three Super Bowls, should find another team.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that jerry....

I said this many time over the years and with jerry's 105 The Fan statement this past Tuesday it's worth repeating.

IF we ever win another championship, it will be in spite of all that Jerry Jones is and remains

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that jerry....

I said this many time over the years and with jerry's 105 The Fan statement this past Tuesday it's worth repeating.

IF we ever win another championship, it will be in spite of all that Jerry Jones is and remains
When all is said and done, the fans that lived through 20 years of passing on Randy Moss, trading for Roy Williams and Joey Galloway, hiring puppet coaches, drafting for backups, wanted to draft Johnny Football over Zach Martin, etc, will all know how bad a GM Jerry was....but....he rode Jimmy's coattails to 3 rings, and I think he has a shot to get a couple of more riding Stephens. He will have bought a franchise for millions, when he's gone it will be worth $5-6 Billion, and he will have at least 3 rings and be in the HOF. 50 years from now, he might be remembered as one of the best owners ever. Crazy

Reactions: GNG

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When all is said and done, the fans that lived through 20 years of passing on Randy Moss, trading for Roy Williams and Joey Galloway, hiring puppet coaches, drafting for backups, wanted to draft Johnny Football over Zach Martin, etc, will all know how bad a GM Jerry was....but....he rode Jimmy's coattails to 3 rings, and I think he has a shot to get a couple of more riding Stephens. He will have bought a franchise for millions, when he's gone it will be worth $5-6 Billion, and he will have at least 3 rings and be in the HOF. 50 years from now, he might be remembered as one of the best owners ever. Crazy
The passing on Moss never bothered me because of the Irvin issues, the team was trying to clean it's image, now throwing all thise picks at Galloway and Williams was butt fuck stupid.

Reactions: GNG

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right, but if anything after watching the dallas cowboys for 50 years taught me was to never assume winning. It started back in 68 after Dallas lost to the packers for the right to play in SB's 1 & 2. HUGE favorites both in 68 and 69 and lost first round to Cleveland both years. This team has made it a habit over the years, and some of the strangest shit this league has ever seen involved Dallas. Gotta see it first

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right, but if anything after watching the dallas cowboys for 50 years taught me was to never assume winning. It started back in 68 after Dallas lost to the packers for the right to play in SB's 1 & 2. HUGE favorites both in 68 and 69 and lost first round to Cleveland both years. This team has made it a habit over the years, and some of the strangest shit this league has ever seen involved Dallas. Gotta see it first
You are 100% correct, not assuming it, but the foundation is there. To me, what gives this team a real shot over the next few years is that they have a couple of GREAT units in a league where very good gets it done. The Cowboys have a great OL and a great RB, both of which are comparable in talent to the early 90's Cowboys. The difference, of course, is this team doesn't also have Deion, Haley, DWoodson, Irvin, etc.. but on the other hand, you don't have to beat Reggie White's Eagles, Jerry Rice's Niner's and Bret Favre's Packers just to get to a 4 straight SB team like the Bills in today's NFL either

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sm53bs.jpg

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L THIS MFER

NFL playoffs: Jerry Jones is willing to use Tony Romo against the Packers on Sunday

Would the Cowboys consider going to their backup quarterback? The owner confirms it could happen

The Dallas Cowboys are preparing to open up their postseason on Sunday afternoon with a home matchup against the Green Bay Packers. Somehow the specter of Tony Romo continues to linger.

Sunday is the first playoff game for both rookie quarterback Dak Prescott and rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott. Many believe if the Cowboys got down to the Packers, they would consider throwing Romo in there and, in an NFL Network feature with Michael Irvin, Jerry Jones confirmed it's a possibility.

"Dak [Prescott], you see a quarterback that plays to the strengths and to the best of our team," Jone said. "Should that not be there, then we have a backup quarterback that's got a good chance to do some good things out there too."

Top 4 prop bets
MORE SPORTSLINE
Add that with what Jones said about the 2007 playoffs -- basically a loss to the Giants still stings him badly -- and it's not surprising he might be willing to break glass in case of emergency when it comes to Romo.

"In [2007], we let the Giants come in here and beat us with the same home-field advantage throughout that we have now," Jones said. "We have not only looked at that tape 15 or 20 times, I don't think I'll ever forget it. Being that close to touching it and letting it get by you. If it'€™s going to hurt you that bad, then you better circumcise the mosquito in terms of your thinking to get ready to go again."

The Cowboys probably won't get down 21-0 or 28-0 or some variation of three scores or more. But if they do, it wouldn't be surprising at all to see Jones see what Romo can pull off. Prescott led the team to a 13-3 record, losing only two games that actually counted this season.

But the Cowboys dream season can go up in smoke at any moment because of the single-elimination nature of the NFL playoffs.

Jones has been all over the place in terms of who he supports for the Cowboys quarterback gig and has even admitted he has no problem stirring the pot to generate more interest in his team.

TV schedule
In a bizarre quote, Jones also said he struck a deal with his higher power, willing to take a third Super Bowl (the one Barry Switzer won) in exchange for never winning another one.

"The third Super Bowl that I had a chance to be involved in, I made a deal with the man upstairs and said 'If you'll just do it for me, I'll never ask again. This will be it, if you let me win this third Super Bowl, I won't ask again,'" Jones recalled. "I've been trying to re-trade that deal for the last 20 years. And I've put a lot on the line. I'm going to shove almost every bit of it out there this time if he'll make this deal with me and let me go one more time."

Whoops. Talk about premature. It's 1996, you've owned the Cowboys for seven years, you've already won two Super Bowl titles, you're only 54 and you're swapping one more Super Bowl win for an eternity without any more titles?

That's a terrible gamble! But it's also insight into how badly Jones wants to win a Super Bowl. He knows he has a chance this year, which is why it shouldn't be surprising he's willing to use Romo to get there.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, nothing to see here. Jerry wants his facetime. Of course it COULD happen. It's win or go home. Garret is a smart man. He knows Dak is the present and future. If he shits the bed horribly and Garrett chooses to go to Romo so be it, but we aren't switching just to switch and I'd say it's about a 5% chance at best. If Garrett makes the switch it will mean things are really not going well and Dak is playing horrendously. He isn't going to do it just to do it. This is just white noise. Whatever Garrett does I will trust him today. Go Cowboys!!!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L THIS MFER

NFL playoffs: Jerry Jones is willing to use Tony Romo against the Packers on Sunday

Would the Cowboys consider going to their backup quarterback? The owner confirms it could happen

The Dallas Cowboys are preparing to open up their postseason on Sunday afternoon with a home matchup against the Green Bay Packers. Somehow the specter of Tony Romo continues to linger.

Sunday is the first playoff game for both rookie quarterback Dak Prescott and rookie running back Ezekiel Elliott. Many believe if the Cowboys got down to the Packers, they would consider throwing Romo in there and, in an NFL Network feature with Michael Irvin, Jerry Jones confirmed it's a possibility.

"Dak [Prescott], you see a quarterback that plays to the strengths and to the best of our team," Jone said. "Should that not be there, then we have a backup quarterback that's got a good chance to do some good things out there too."

Top 4 prop bets
MORE SPORTSLINE
Add that with what Jones said about the 2007 playoffs -- basically a loss to the Giants still stings him badly -- and it's not surprising he might be willing to break glass in case of emergency when it comes to Romo.

"In [2007], we let the Giants come in here and beat us with the same home-field advantage throughout that we have now," Jones said. "We have not only looked at that tape 15 or 20 times, I don't think I'll ever forget it. Being that close to touching it and letting it get by you. If it'€™s going to hurt you that bad, then you better circumcise the mosquito in terms of your thinking to get ready to go again."

The Cowboys probably won't get down 21-0 or 28-0 or some variation of three scores or more. But if they do, it wouldn't be surprising at all to see Jones see what Romo can pull off. Prescott led the team to a 13-3 record, losing only two games that actually counted this season.

But the Cowboys dream season can go up in smoke at any moment because of the single-elimination nature of the NFL playoffs.

Jones has been all over the place in terms of who he supports for the Cowboys quarterback gig and has even admitted he has no problem stirring the pot to generate more interest in his team.

TV schedule
In a bizarre quote, Jones also said he struck a deal with his higher power, willing to take a third Super Bowl (the one Barry Switzer won) in exchange for never winning another one.

"The third Super Bowl that I had a chance to be involved in, I made a deal with the man upstairs and said 'If you'll just do it for me, I'll never ask again. This will be it, if you let me win this third Super Bowl, I won't ask again,'" Jones recalled. "I've been trying to re-trade that deal for the last 20 years. And I've put a lot on the line. I'm going to shove almost every bit of it out there this time if he'll make this deal with me and let me go one more time."

Whoops. Talk about premature. It's 1996, you've owned the Cowboys for seven years, you've already won two Super Bowl titles, you're only 54 and you're swapping one more Super Bowl win for an eternity without any more titles?

That's a terrible gamble! But it's also insight into how badly Jones wants to win a Super Bowl. He knows he has a chance this year, which is why it shouldn't be surprising he's willing to use Romo to get there.
:burt::facepalm5::facepalm3::L:gaah: