• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

A few notes based on reading the posts while I took my break.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I was proposing is just go with Colt until you can draft and develop. Colt is the same roll of the dice as Mccarron but much cheaper. Spend that saved money on really bolstering the defense. We are going to need it.

We don't need the money to go crazy in FA. If you sign McCarron for 15 mil a season and 25 mil guaranteed, there is a chance we get something for him when our rookie is available. Colt is shit.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't want to rush a rookie into starting if he isn't ready. McCarron not only can be a placeholder but he can still improve. If he improves his stock, we can trade him or the rookie two years down the road.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct, the conversation primarily focused around one or two issues and got a bit repetitive. I will be happy to get back to the game of football.

Whether I agree or disagree you came up with a solution which is more than some. If Cousin's is gone after this year I would be okay with giving him a shot.

I think one thing everyone is going to need to wrap their head around is the price for a QB is going way up no mater what unless you have a rookie. I think Colt is only signed through 2018 so he would cost a ton after that. Whatever a ton is in 2018 money.

Agreed, I said it after the 2015 season's failed negotiations and it looks inevitable now that there must be a plan in place....cause Kirk Cousins is a year to year rental and there's nothing that indicates that Kirk's going to be here beyond this season. I didn't think that this team was ready to make any real run at a 'ship so here we are two years later and all the talk NOW is about going on without him. (notable exception is Dean) Looking back, with the knowledge that we have now concerning his status here, I don't believe that there would be many disagreeing with me as was done then about getting as much as we could for him when it was more profitable to do so. Right now, unless they are willing to pay Kirk another 28-30+ M on a one season rental for 2018, the ONLY real way to get some sort of actual return for that asset is through the Non-exclusive tag.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with all of this tbh.

He has a very small sample size to go off and its really not even very impressive statistically despite being in an excellent situation. His film is unimpressive at best and hes a 26 year old 5th round pick who will cost us a significant chunk of change. That is not the profile of a player likely to worth their contract (or even a good QB).

The reason not to want him is that he could easily be awful while we're paying him a lot of money. His downside isnt just significant - its also pretty likely to happen.

Why forget Colt, Suds, or a rookie? Theyre all better options than McCarron at what he'll cost.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Cousins win a SB with this team?
Chasing the “Elite” QB, Who do we replace him with?
The team will be “set-back” without Kirk, with a rookie or someone else.
Best that we’ve had in 20 years, Doug Williams:

Wow Sty, pretty thorough and respectable post, some of my thoughts.
-- Although the playoff record may not show it, I do believe he was on his way to leading the team to a superbowl. What that means is, with more team upgrades in the same offensive system -- I don't see why
the Redskins couldn't have made an appearance in a few years.

Chasing the “Elite” QB
I have similar thoughts to @j_y19.
While I wouldn't be disappointed with McCarron because he knows the system -- I'd prefer McCoy or a reboot.
Money seemed to be an issue with Kirk, and obviously he needed more help from the defense and running game. That would be where I'd put the money first. I believe the franchise would want a fresh face anyway.

Best that we’ve had in 20 years
I know there are disagreements about what we've accomplished these past two years, but Kirk still had to make the plays. He did that, and he deserves the credit, because he got the blame when we missed the playoffs.

Doug Williams: hard to even speak on this PR move, lol.

Again, great post as usual Sty.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Sty, pretty thorough and respectable post, some of my thoughts.
-- Although the playoff record may not show it, I do believe he was on his way to leading the team to a superbowl. What that means is, with more team upgrades in the same offensive system -- I don't see why
the Redskins couldn't have made an appearance in a few years.

Chasing the “Elite” QB
I have similar thoughts to @j_y19.
While I wouldn't be disappointed with McCarron because he knows the system -- I'd prefer McCoy or a reboot.
Money seemed to be an issue with Kirk, and obviously he needed more help from the defense and running game. That would be where I'd put the money first. I believe the franchise would want a fresh face anyway.

Best that we’ve had in 20 years
I know there are disagreements about what we've accomplished these past two years, but Kirk still had to make the plays. He did that, and he deserves the credit, because he got the blame when we missed the playoffs.

Doug Williams: hard to even speak on this PR move, lol.

Again, great post as usual Sty.

Since there's some splitting of hairs because of language, let me be clear. Kirk can absolutely LEAD this team to a SB win, QB being a natural leading position.

This is different than can Kirk WIN a SB. Joe Flacco and Pussy Manning lead their respective teams to SB wins, Neither WON that game because, much like Kirk the team around him would have to be strong enough to win. I believe that this is what everyone is alluding to when there is mention of vastly improving both the defense and our running game. It's a crazy NFL world man, but I'm sticking with the old reminder......QB's get too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to be back thanks man! The number one reason being not wanting to take a step back, the team is finally being put together for a real run, Colt can't carry A.J's jock. The number 1 thru 1oo reasons that everyone seems to be against A.J. is because he can't beat out Dalton, right? (haven't seen or read any other one except that) Well, let me remind everyone that there's a certain starting QB, who these same folks apparently forgotten couldn't beat out he who shall remain nameless here.
so you would pay 15 mil plus for AJ who had less of a track record the KC who the team wouldnt pay 12 mil for ? hell we didnt pay KC 16 mil when he brokeout with his record setting numbers . AJ hasnt shown anything to be in the same conversation as KC at all

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I am hoping Dan has a brainstorm and pays Cousins next year. None of the other options are suitable to me.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you would pay 15 mil plus for AJ who had less of a track record the KC who the team wouldnt pay 12 mil for ? hell we didnt pay KC 16 mil when he brokeout with his record setting numbers . AJ hasnt shown anything to be in the same conversation as KC at all

Kirk isn't in the equation long term, let's start there, after all that was the basis upon which you offered the challenge to "give a name." I have never expected anything other than opposition, when I offered that name and that's been true to this point. So let me ask you, considering the make up of this team and where we are in the rebuild, give me a name other than the guy 3/4 of the way out of the door, that comes cheaper AND offers either less than a full step back or .....clutch the pearls, an improvement as I believe A.J to be. ( we'll agree to disagree on this last point)

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to be back thanks man! The number one reason being not wanting to take a step back, the team is finally being put together for a real run, Colt can't carry A.J's jock. The number 1 thru 1oo reasons that everyone seems to be against A.J. is because he can't beat out Dalton, right? (haven't seen or read any other one except that) Well, let me remind everyone that there's a certain starting QB, who these same folks apparently forgotten couldn't beat out he who shall remain nameless here.
Actually, he did beat RG3 out. Apparently it was noticed as early as season 2. But the owner and GM/Pres would have none of it until Gruden and SM convinced them that they had to make the change (basically put their careers on the line).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, but it was only Theismann saying Cousins should start. What the hell does HE know about playing QB after all?? :trash: