• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maiocco: Roethlisberger suspects 49ers targeted his ankle December 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hey Ben maybe you shouldntalk the the guys on yiur defense. Some of them clearly go after peoples heads. And i believe all the sacks were clean? No penalties. He got the crap beat out of him, and cant help but think if we wanted to target his ankle, he would have been out of the game. We had every oppertunity to do it.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So much whining in the NFL now a days. Can't target their head, knees, ankles, next thing you know it's thighs, torso, player -- I really hope a new this safety movement is put to an end and we get back to watching football players.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this even news? It's been going on in the league for decades.
You always hear former players say they would test out an opposing players injury to see if they could hold up.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at this thread and what do I see,3 guys talking out there ass and SMOKE who hates the STEELERS and will jump on ahy thread that is against th4em

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't hate Ben or anything but man is the guy a drama queen.

Of course they targeted your ankle you dolt. It's what any defense worth their salt would've done. Every player should know if you go into the game with an injury especially a high profile one and you're a high profile player a defense is going to aim to make you as miserable as possible.

Why do you think coaches do everything to manipulate the injury report or defenses aim to hit a QB every time he throws the ball or a WR when he catches it.

That doesn't mean they put a bounty out or they were trying to end your career Ben and I don't doubt your defense would've done the same exact thing it it was Alex Smith with the bum ankle.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Should've knocked him completely out of the game.

There's nothing wrong with this. I'm sick of the media trying to turn the NFL into a pussy sport. Even back in high school we tried (and got rewarded) for knocking opposing players out of games.

Get. Over. It. Pussy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep, if you're injured and still want to play......what did you expect?

did you expect to be treated like you're wearing a red practice jersey?

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deliberately going for the ankle would be a violation of the Brady Rule...assuming that it doesn't apply only to Brady.

I give Ben credit for his willingness to play hurt, but he shouldn't bitch. No sense expecting the defense to lay off.

For what it's worth, it looked like the Niners played clean to me. And Coach Tomlin should thank his lucky stars for that. I normally have a lot of respect for him, but he shouldn't have let Ben go out there. Had there been a career-ending, further injury to that ankle, he might have lost his job.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Deliberately going for the ankle would be a violation of the Brady Rule...assuming that it doesn't apply only to Brady.

I give Ben credit for his willingness to play hurt, but he shouldn't bitch. No sense expecting the defense to lay off.

For what it's worth, it looked like the Niners played clean to me. And Coach Tomlin should thank his lucky stars for that. I normally have a lot of respect for him, but he shouldn't have let Ben go out there. Had there been a career-ending, further injury to that ankle, he might have lost his job.

The Brady rule only applies when a defender is on the ground and he grabs below the knee. What Ben was saying it he felt the 9ers were giving his ankle an extra twist or poke in a pile.

To be somewhat fair to Ben he was answering a question but he still just should've kept his mouth shut on it. Now your just adding fuel to a fire that didn't need fuel added to it.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding of the rule was that a defender can't hit the QB in the legs. Wrapping or grabbing legs OK, but not hitting. That's the impression I've gotten from the talking heads on TV, though I've not seen the rule in black and white.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Brady rule only applies when a defender is on the ground and he grabs below the knee. What Ben was saying it he felt the 9ers were giving his ankle an extra twist or poke in a pile.

To be somewhat fair to Ben he was answering a question but he still just should've kept his mouth shut on it. Now your just adding fuel to a fire that didn't need fuel added to it.

and you aren't adding fuel to the fire by starting this thread,,,,yeah ben should have kept quiet but then you should have to,,,I can ignore stupid shit but this thread is nothing more than stirring the shit

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at this thread and what do I see,3 guys talking out there ass and SMOKE who hates the STEELERS and will jump on ahy thread that is against th4em

and you aren't adding fuel to the fire by starting this thread,,,,yeah ben should have kept quiet but then you should have to,,,I can ignore stupid shit but this thread is nothing more than stirring the shit

tumblr_lx23tnZOTB1qfpid4o1_400.jpg

Grayghost to the rescue!!!!! How predictably dull. I actually like the Steelers quite a bit but think that Big Ben is the biggest drama queen in the league now that Hines Ward has retired.

grayghost668

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_lx23tnZOTB1qfpid4o1_400.jpg

Grayghost to the rescue!!!!! How predictably dull. I actually like the Steelers quite a bit but think that Big Ben is the biggest drama queen in the league now that Hines Ward has retired.

like I said I can ignore stupid shit,,,,and you fall right into that catagory hell you're head of the class,,,,,or should I say no class

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you even read my post?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status
Not open for further replies.