• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the element that's being forgotten is that IF you're going to have all these elite offences throwing for all this yardage all over the field, you're BY DEFINITION going to have a bunch of defenses that are GIVING UP all those yards.

Do we see some gap responsibility missed assignments? Yep. Do we see some overpursuit? Yep, that's what got the brother Griffin benched.

But let's not act like there aren't a shit ton of other d's that are facing these same numbers.

Hell, the ballyhooed Rams D got gashed repeatedly BY US!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Fluker has a Grade 1 Hamstring pull... He could be out 2-3 weeks...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing to consider -- and I think it's significant -- is we are not turning the ball over hardly at all on offense, while creating a decent amount of turnovers on D. It's a huge equalizer for the big plays we are giving up. I am not sure you can always count on the D getting turnovers, but I'm pretty confident that our offense is going to continue their tight ball security based on style of play and track record of the QB at having a low INT number year in and year out.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing to consider -- and I think it's significant -- is we are not turning the ball over hardly at all on offense, while creating a decent amount of turnovers on D. It's a huge equalizer for the big plays we are giving up. I am not sure you can always count on the D getting turnovers, but I'm pretty confident that our offense is going to continue their tight ball security based on style of play and track record of the QB at having a low INT number year in and year out.

True - the Hawks are on pace to have the most turnover created (26-27) they've had since 2013, when they had 39.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that the element that's being forgotten is that IF you're going to have all these elite offences throwing for all this yardage all over the field, you're BY DEFINITION going to have a bunch of defenses that are GIVING UP all those yards.

Do we see some gap responsibility missed assignments? Yep. Do we see some overpursuit? Yep, that's what got the brother Griffin benched.

But let's not act like there aren't a shit ton of other d's that are facing these same numbers.

Hell, the ballyhooed Rams D got gashed repeatedly BY US!
No doubt about it. We have pretty much a middle of the pack D. It's not among the best, but it's also not nearly as bad as many of the others out there. We just gave up 400+ yards passing and won by damn near 30 points; the week before that, we had McCaffrey have pretty much the best game of his career on us yet we still won. It's about whether we can overcome what our defense is giving up, and more often than not we are doing it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fluker can't stay healthy :(

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Fluker has a Grade 1 Hamstring pull... He could be out 2-3 weeks...

That's actually a lot better than I thought based on his reaction and not being able to walk to the locker room. I was thinking a partial tear.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You try being 6'5" 360+, wrestling other huge men and try to keep everything in order.

Just hope he's back for the playoffs.

Yep it's just physics. Well physics + age.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved that game by Wags. He really took over that whole game on D. I also am loving the way McDougald has been playing. Sure tackling, huge int in Carolina. Obviously not the intimidation factor that Cam was but has been fantastic.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved that game by Wags. He really took over that whole game on D. I also am loving the way McDougald has been playing. Sure tackling, huge int in Carolina. Obviously not the intimidation factor that Cam was but has been fantastic.
Each year he has been getting better and better. Hopefully he can keep it up because when the lights shine the brightest i just hope he can stand tall back there and get it done.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the crowd reaction to Richard Sherman? I was kind of caught up booking my flight.
Pretty much a non event. He did get some cat calls from the crowd when he argued a penalty near mid field.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Wagner?

Still a ?mark to NFL followers.

BW is a top 3 ISL.
That is obvious, but he is BW.
Not a loud mouth like Bennett, Sherman, or a sour puss, like ET.

This guy thinks BW is the KEY to the D.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Wagner doesn't get the credit he deserves and never has. He's been better than Kuechly (who's great) every year in the league, but you'd never guess based on the attention they get.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bobby Wagner is a pretty sure bet for the HOF, so I won't jab a perceived lack of credit. I think most credible folks believe that he's at worst the 2nd best MLB on the planet, and I have to think he'll be on the all decade team.

Before last season, I was pretty confident there were 5 future HOFers on the roster -- RW, Bobby, ET, Sherm, and Kam. I think Kam's career ending injury probably makes him pretty iffy now, but I'm confident on the other 4.