• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Jimmy Graham 2.0

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Jimmy Graham is his teammate now doesn't change Michael Bennett's opinion that the tight end is overrated.

In 2014, after the Seattle Seahawks beat the New Orleans Saints in a divisional-round playoff game during their Super Bowl run, Bennett called Graham "overrated" and also told 710 ESPN Seattle in a postgame interview that the tight end was "one of the softest players in the NFL."

"I still feel the same way, just because he's on my team I don't stop feeling that way."

i

Michael Bennett on Jimmy Graham

On Thursday, in an interview with "Justin and Gee" on 710 ESPN Seattle, Bennett said his take on Graham hasn't changed, but he'll be a good teammate to him now that the tight end is on the Seahawks due to a blockbuster trade with the Saints in March.

"I still feel the same way, just because he's on my team I don't stop feeling that way," he said. "Obviously I'm going to be a better teammate to him ... I can't do the things I was doing to him when we were playing him."

Bennett said his feelings toward Graham aren't as "harsh" now "because he's my teammate now" but said the Seahawks' games against the Saints had helped to shape his opinion of him.

After the Seahawks' playoff victory in 2014, Bennett labeled Graham as a player that doesn't block. On Thursday, he said Graham will have to change his playing style to adjust to the Seahawks' offense.

"We have a different philosophy than what he had with the Saints, so the things he was expected to do with the Saints are going to be different here. Obviously we're a running team so he's going to have to block and do all those things," he said.

Bennett also said Thursday that he never requested a trade from the Seahawks, refuting a report that originated out of Dallas earlier this offseason.

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because Jimmy Graham is his teammate now doesn't change Michael Bennett's opinion that the tight end is overrated.

In 2014, after the Seattle Seahawks beat the New Orleans Saints in a divisional-round playoff game during their Super Bowl run, Bennett called Graham "overrated" and also told 710 ESPN Seattle in a postgame interview that the tight end was "one of the softest players in the NFL."

"I still feel the same way, just because he's on my team I don't stop feeling that way."

i

On Thursday, in an interview with "Justin and Gee" on 710 ESPN Seattle, Bennett said his take on Graham hasn't changed, but he'll be a good teammate to him now that the tight end is on the Seahawks due to a blockbuster trade with the Saints in March.

"I still feel the same way, just because he's on my team I don't stop feeling that way," he said. "Obviously I'm going to be a better teammate to him ... I can't do the things I was doing to him when we were playing him."

Bennett said his feelings toward Graham aren't as "harsh" now "because he's my teammate now" but said the Seahawks' games against the Saints had helped to shape his opinion of him.

After the Seahawks' playoff victory in 2014, Bennett labeled Graham as a player that doesn't block. On Thursday, he said Graham will have to change his playing style to adjust to the Seahawks' offense.

"We have a different philosophy than what he had with the Saints, so the things he was expected to do with the Saints are going to be different here. Obviously we're a running team so he's going to have to block and do all those things," he said.

Bennett also said Thursday that he never requested a trade from the Seahawks, refuting a report that originated out of Dallas earlier this offseason.

And this is why i respect bennett, he tells it like it is and doesnt back down, hes honest.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i

Great players can get shut down by great defenses but that doesn't mean there overrated for having a bad game. I understand after the game emotions run high and Bennett said what he said, but now at this point let it go.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Bennett. Nothing worse than a person who all of the sudden changes their position because a player is now part of the team.

Doesn't mean Bennett is going to go fist fight the guy day 1 of training camp.

Graham is soft, I hate to say it. Ever since he ran away from Chancellor I can't call the guy tough. I'm happy to have Graham as part of this team because athletically he is gifted... he's a HUGE target and has some great hands and will unquestionably help this team (especially in goal line situations) but he's not a Gronk/Lynch/Watt type player.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to Bennett. Nothing worse than a person who all of the sudden changes their position because a player is now part of the team.

Doesn't mean Bennett is going to go fist fight the guy day 1 of training camp.

Graham is soft, I hate to say it. Ever since he ran away from Chancellor I can't call the guy tough. I'm happy to have Graham as part of this team because athletically he is gifted... he's a HUGE target and has some great hands and will unquestionably help this team (especially in goal line situations) but he's not a Gronk/Lynch/Watt type player.
Right, Graham is not a physically intimidating player. We all agree on that. However, he is a rare athlete that most teams can't deal with consistently. He doesn't have to be a tough guy to be effective, as he's proven the past few years.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Graham is one of the best off-season moves by any team. He will make a difference right away, which is more than I can say about a lot of the free agent moves. You were going to lose some guys with 2 straight SB's.
It's reload time and this is a very good start.....

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Graham is one of the best off-season moves by any team. He will make a difference right away, which is more than I can say about a lot of the free agent moves. You were going to lose some guys with 2 straight SB's.
It's reload time and this is a very good start.....
I agree about JG and I believe he will open things up for other players as well. Yet he is an expensive reload.
To remain near the top for the next few years, it will be of high importance to have a successful draft. With 11 picks, getting some solid depth is in tall order.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the AFC East is definitely better than before. The good news is that they tend to beat each other enough that the Patriots can still win the division.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the AFC East is definitely better than before. The good news is that they tend to beat each other enough that the Patriots can still win the division.

The defenses in the AFCE did get a whole lot better, but i'm no where near sold on the offenses for the Bills and Jets. Neither one has a QB as of now and Miami is one of those dark horse teams that I keep thinking could derail the Pats but fall flat. Top to bottom I still like the Pats to win the division and challenge for HFA. Regular season must be boring for you guys.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defenses in the AFCE did get a whole lot better, but i'm no where near sold on the offenses for the Bills and Jets. Neither one has a QB as of now and Miami is one of those dark horse teams that I keep thinking could derail the Pats but fall flat. Top to bottom I still like the Pats to win the division and challenge for HFA. Regular season must be boring for you guys.
You guys know that winning makes a boring game great! Winning all season makes a boring season really great!

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about JG and I believe he will open things up for other players as well. Yet he is an expensive reload.
To remain near the top for the next few years, it will be of high importance to have a successful draft. With 11 picks, getting some solid depth is in tall order.

Talking to a buddy of mine I mentioned that getting Graham won't allow other teams to stack the box, so don't be surprised if Lynch takes advantage of it and has one of his best years yardage wise.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking to a buddy of mine I mentioned that getting Graham won't allow other teams to stack the box, so don't be surprised if Lynch takes advantage of it and has one of his best years yardage wise.
Probably a couple different ways it can go. If defenses respect Graham to the degree that there are less players in the box, then I can definitely see Lynch holding his effectiveness or even improving it. However, it wouldn't surprise me to see defenses stick with what they think they must do, which is do everything they can to keep Lynch from beating them and hope to force us to turn more to the pass. If that happens, then RW & Graham should get some good matchups to take advantage of.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether the box is stacked or not, our O can present matchup problems for most defenses. I would expect more false looks from the D's we face in them trying not to show their hand. It should be fun and another great year.
Let's nail this draft!