• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 9 Seattle Vs Bye Week

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to say that we are not happy with where the Hawks sit at 3-5 going into the bye week but I think we can get a dominate win here. :) all kidding aside I wanted to talk a little about Wilson. We know he got his pin out a few days ago but I do not think Wilson will be ready for the Packers, more like I would hate for them to rush Wilson just for it to happen again. What are your feelings about this and would you like Wilson to come out a week early and face reinjuring the finger or give it another 1 to 2 weeks? Even with Wilson I do not know if we could beat the Packers in Green Bay so is it worth risking it? Many of you feel like we have to win out but all the Hawks have to do is be better than every other 2nd place team in the NFC East, North and South and the playoffs will fall in their laps, also i think the Hawks will leap frog the 49ers shortly in the standings. Having TB beating the Saints would have helped Seattle but they now lost their QB for the Season so I expect to catch them. The one that Hurts and I think and will haunt us is the loss to the Vikings.

Your thoughts? should they Rush Wilson back or wait till he is truly 100% even if it means missing the Packers and possibly the Cards games?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly @Screamin12th , mentioning you instead of quoting you, I'm a 50/50 on this.

On one side, I love LOVE to stick it to the Packers and their semi arrogant base. And we might need all hands on deck vs Arizona.

On the other, what if we are losing, this is a hypothetical situation, 31-29 to Dallas in the NFC Championship game late in the 4th and Russ injures himself worse? Were screwed....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly @Screamin12th , mentioning you instead of quoting you, I'm a 50/50 on this.

On one side, I love LOVE to stick it to the Packers and their semi arrogant base. And we might need all hands on deck vs Arizona.

On the other, what if we are losing, this is a hypothetical situation, 31-29 to Dallas in the NFC Championship game late in the 4th and Russ injures himself worse? Were screwed....

So you are in the boat of "got to go for it now because if he is going to get injured there is no stopping it" is that right? Yeah I guess I am just worried that teams will target that hand, and I all ready know the Rams and Cards will target it if they don't think it's 100%. The Rams are selling the farm to win it all now and the Cards did so also in the offseason.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are in the boat of "got to go for it now because if he is going to get injured there is no stopping it" is that right? Yeah I guess I am just worried that teams will target that hand, and I all ready know the Rams and Cards will target it if they don't think it's 100%. The Rams are selling the farm to win it all now and the Cards did so also in the offseason.

No. I'm 50/50 . I don't want him injured when we need him the most as much as I want to sick it to them

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russ says he's healthy and the docs clear him than that's good enough for me.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to say that we are not happy with where the Hawks sit at 3-5 going into the bye week but I think we can get a dominate win here. :) all kidding aside I wanted to talk a little about Wilson. We know he got his pin out a few days ago but I do not think Wilson will be ready for the Packers, more like I would hate for them to rush Wilson just for it to happen again. What are your feelings about this and would you like Wilson to come out a week early and face reinjuring the finger or give it another 1 to 2 weeks? Even with Wilson I do not know if we could beat the Packers in Green Bay so is it worth risking it? Many of you feel like we have to win out but all the Hawks have to do is be better than every other 2nd place team in the NFC East, North and South and the playoffs will fall in their laps, also i think the Hawks will leap frog the 49ers shortly in the standings. Having TB beating the Saints would have helped Seattle but they now lost their QB for the Season so I expect to catch them. The one that Hurts and I think and will haunt us is the loss to the Vikings.

Your thoughts? should they Rush Wilson back or wait till he is truly 100% even if it means missing the Packers and possibly the Cards games?

Honestly? It depends on how Rodgers reacts to the COVID. If Rodgers is out against Seattle as well (unlikely), and Russell feels good, maybe let him dress and play backup and see how the first half goes with Smith in start #4. But, Rodgers full go ? IDK if the Hawks can afford another loss right now.

Granted this all depends on how he feels. Not just how he says he feels, but how he looks throwing the ball. I don't wanna rush him back just because he says he can play.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't wanna rush him back just because he says he can play.

This 100% this. You know, as we all know Wilson wants to play and would play on a broken leg if they let him. That's what worries me, we know he is tough but some times these guys can be a little overly anxious and Wilson seems like that type.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just hoping Rodgers earned himself a 1 game suspension next week for his Covid lying bullshit.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here is what i was talking about. "Wasn't supposed to throw for a few weeks" Getting strong SA vibes.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This right here is what i was talking about. "Wasn't supposed to throw for a few weeks" Getting strong SA vibes.

Hmmm, I'm old enough to remember when Shaun Alexander mentioned religion was helping him to get better from his foot injury quicker and he got absolutely roasted for it. Strange Wilson hasn't been subjected to the same type of attack for his similar statement. I guess people just like Russell better than Shaun?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, even with a healthy Russ, we never win in Lambeau so I say wait and make sure the hand is 100%. I've had a pin in the hand amd even after getting it removed, it took some time to feel right. Couldn't really grip my hockey stick properly for a couple weeks. Mind you, that was a long time ago and I wasn't lucky enough to be a pro athlete with the best medical care and rehab money can buy.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, as for the bye week, our defense will probably still give up 400 yards.
You mean our 11th ranked defense, only 0.2 ppg from being 9th ranked?

I know that there are other factors, including yardage, but the criticism of the D without acknowledging the recent improvements, and the actually decent ppg ranking (which is the most relevant stat imo) is a bit disingenuous.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, I'm old enough to remember when Shaun Alexander mentioned religion was helping him to get better from his foot injury quicker and he got absolutely roasted for it. Strange Wilson hasn't been subjected to the same type of attack for his similar statement. I guess people just like Russell better than Shaun?

Man, people hate/hated Shaun. I'm kind've surprised there hasn't already been a post of how he was overrated and just a product of his offensive line.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, people hate/hated Shaun. I'm kind've surprised there hasn't already been a post of how he was overrated and just a product of his offensive line.

Yeah it is really unfair the treatment SA gets from some Seahawks fans, It doesn't help that the Hawks ended up with Lynch and it seemed to make even more people hate Shaun. I have good memories of SA and it was the Injuries that derailed a very VERY good career. SA fell off a cliff and his decline was rapid but they say the brightest stars burn out the fastest :P.

Yes and that is why I brought this up. Wilson is no SA lol and he has proven to be one tough SoB but he is not Wolverine with special healing powers. We all heal in and around the same time and with all outside factors being equal. He in my eyes is "forcing it" and this can go in two ways he is a little bit more ready to go ( not much ) or he ruins any chance to be 100% for the rest of the season.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Hawks make a play for Odell? I think we all know what he brings beside his pass catching but man Lockett, Metcalf, Odell would have to be the top WR group in the NFL. Would be amazing but i say "pass". Hawks do have 12 million cap space though.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the Hawks make a play for Odell? I think we all know what he brings beside his pass catching but man Lockett, Metcalf, Odell would have to be the top WR group in the NFL. Would be amazing but i say "pass". Hawks do have 12 million cap space though.

If it helps us be better in any sort of way....

Do it

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current waiver wire order up to the Seahawks.
  1. Detroit Lions
  2. Miami Dolphins
  3. Houston Texans
  4. Jacksonville Jaguars
  5. New York Jets
  6. New York Giants
  7. Washington Football Team
  8. Philadelphia Eagles
  9. Seattle Seahawks
I see a LOT of teams that will/should/could put in a claim in this list well before the Hawks get a chance.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it helps us be better in any sort of way....

Do it

Honestly, he's disgruntled himself out of Cleveland while leading the team in targets. I just don't think he'll be happy being a third option - even if it's for a team who has a better QB than Baker (when Russ comes back). I'd say hard PASS, DK doesn't need any more reasons to want to go diva on the Seahawks - and playing with Beckham may not be in DK's best maturation interests. I'm happy enough with Swain and Eskridge (when he comes back).