• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers @ Seahawks, the lost season!

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how are you going to prove that? Ya can't... so it's all speculation and a bunch of bullshit... clearly San Fran sideline had no issue with it, neither did Seattle... it wasn't mentioned in the game...

But instead a bunch of social media/LEFT dickheads who are living in their mom's basement, leaching off the government and MY tax dollars, and generally acting like complete and utter cognitively disabled fuckers, said it's a problem. Torch em' all... let's progress as a society for once.

On a less extreme note, this might be the stupidest social media rant of all time with respect to a football game. If this was Pittsburgh, New York, Dallas, or any other major East coast football team, DK would probably have a medal of honor by now.
The fuck? I'm not looking to prove it. If he did it on purpose (only he knows...) its a fucking chicken-shit move and he shouldn't be in the league.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck? I'm not looking to prove it. If he did it on purpose (only he knows...) its a fucking chicken-shit move and he shouldn't be in the league.

What?

So you said only he knows his motive but you 'believe' or 'think' you understand his motive and it's a chicken move, while not looking to prove it? If you're aspiring to be a lawyer, abandon that 'career' ASAP. You're one of the many reasons people paying a ton of tax dollars are opposed to free college.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Notice*

All real Seahawks' fans should:
*Be aware of DKs' celebration routines. When he flexes, he incorporates a forward footplant.
*Acknowledge that not one player or coach from either team, let alone the referee thst was standing right there, had any issue with this during or after the game. What does this tell you?
*The video evidence is, at best, inconclusive. I don't see how anyone other than drooling trolls can look at it and emphatically say with 100% certainty that he intentionally attacked a guy. All things considered It is a ridiculous notion and I am surprised people on this board are even questioning it.
*Nothing from the league office. If there was an issue they would have addressed it.

Anyone who can't acknowledge these points as fact then they probably should question where their loyalties lie.

*Case closed*

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

So you said only he knows his motive but you 'believe' or 'think' you understand his motive and it's a chicken move, while not looking to prove it? If you're aspiring to be a lawyer, abandon that 'career' ASAP. You're one of the many reasons people paying a ton of tax dollars are opposed to free college.
I have no idea what the fuck you are reading into my responses. Not looking to lawyer this; this is a character thing. If DK did it on purpose (again, only he knows) he is a fucked up person. I do not think he did it on purpose, but I don't know him personally.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea what the fuck you are reading into my responses. Not looking to lawyer this; this is a character thing. If DK did it on purpose (again, only he knows) he is a fucked up person. I do not think he did it on purpose, but I don't know him personally.
While I don't feel anyone here needs to be called out and reprimanded (except maybe Snuggles), I do have to ask how you even question whether or not it was intentional or not at this point. ALL evidence clearly shows this is whole controversy is troll bullshit. So despite this evidence why do you feel it is still a possibility.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't feel anyone here needs to be called out and reprimanded (except maybe Snuggles), I do have to ask how you even question whether or not it was intentional or not at this point. ALL evidence clearly shows this is whole controversy is troll bullshit. So despite this evidence why do you feel it is still a possibility.
I didn't

1638898052321.png

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn you, guys! Why do you have to make it so hard for us?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got that. I do think boogie is 100% wrong on this. But I'm just asking why you are still questioning intent. After the evidence provided do you still feel it is more of a possibility that DK was trying to stomp on him, or is it more likey it is just a celebration flex that had nothing to do with the defender?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a 49er fan, do you feel DK was trying to intentionally stomp on and injure Tartt, or was it incidental? Just your opinion on this.

I can't tell if he hit Tartt, and I don't believe there has been any statement from the Niners about it, so I don't think his foot actually made contact with Tartt. I didn't notice anything live except that DK was celebrating. If he did hit him, I think it was unintentional. Maybe stupid to do that near a player on the ground, but I don't think he intended anything but to celebrate.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got that. I do think boogie is 100% wrong on this. But I'm just asking why you are still questioning intent. After the evidence provided do you still feel it is more of a possibility that DK was trying to stomp on him, or is it more likey it is just a celebration flex that had nothing to do with the defender?
I think it was accidental, and I think he should have recognized what he did at the time and apologized at the time. Stomping on an ankle doesn't feel the same as stomping on solid ground, but its certainly possible he wasn't aware of his surroundings. TBH, if that is the case (not aware of his surroundings) it is something that he really needs to work on. A lot of stupid/easy 15 yard penalties happen because of careless celebrations; if he was flagged there, we probably lose the game because we probably do not score a TD with how inept our offense has been, and if we don't score there, the rest of the game goes very differently (in a bad way for us), in all likelihood.

EDIT: I am still discussing this because @Sharkonabicycle specifically called me out in his post. My take is that I don't think he did it intentionally (doesn't look like intentional to me and I can't imagine a decent person doing that on purpose), but it isn't inconceivable that it was an intentional cheap shot in the moment... DK has shown himself to be pretty hot-headed on multiple occasions this year.

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was accidental, and I think he should have recognized what he did at the time and apologized at the time. Stomping on an ankle doesn't feel the same as stomping on solid ground, but its certainly possible he wasn't aware of his surroundings. TBH, if that is the case (not aware of his surroundings) it is something that he really needs to work on. A lot of stupid/easy 15 yard penalties happen because of careless celebrations; if he was flagged there, we probably lose the game because we probably do not score a TD with how inept our offense has been, and if we don't score there, the rest of the game goes very differently (in a bad way for us), in all likelihood.
Fair enough. But since none of that actually happened (stomping on the ankle, getting penalized, etc.) this is only a wary note of caution due to some of DK's previous behavior with some added speculation.
Now if he had been penalized for it, even if he still hadn't intended to, then we might have something to talk about. But since nothing actually happened except for some twitter and reddit trolls planting seeds of chaos I don't get why Seahawks' fans are even questioning this.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't tell if he hit Tartt, and I don't believe there has been any statement from the Niners about it, so I don't think his foot actually made contact with Tartt. I didn't notice anything live except that DK was celebrating. If he did hit him, I think it was unintentional. Maybe stupid to do that near a player on the ground, but I don't think he intended anything but to celebrate.
Thank you. That is an honest response from a 49ers fan. Maybe this will cause some here to re-evaluate their stance.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. But since none of that actually happened (stomping on the ankle, getting penalized, etc.) this is only a wary note of caution due to some of DK's previous behavior with some added speculation.
Now if he had been penalized for it, even if he still hadn't intended to, then we might have something to talk about. But since nothing actually happened except for some twitter and reddit trolls planting seeds of chaos I don't get why Seahawks' fans are even questioning this.
Not to belabor the point, but the stomping on the ankle did happen; it just wasn't intentional. If you go to the point in the video that was posted earlier in the thread (5:38), it is easy to see that he did stomp on Tartt's ankle/foot. I think that if the ref actually saw it, intentional or not, it draws a flag. DK has an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, taunting penalty and and ejection this year already, and has appeared at risk of the 1st two multiple other times... so to me a discussion of those types of risky moves is pertinent to discussion of the Hawks.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you. That is an honest response from a 49ers fan. Maybe this will cause some here to re-evaluate their stance.

Someone posted about it on reddit some hours after the game, but when I looked it up online to see if there was anything in the news, I didn't see anything, which makes me think that nothing happened. I Googled "Metcalf stomp" and the only result was that reddit post.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to belabor the point, but the stomping on the ankle did happen; it just wasn't intentional. If you go to the point in the video that was posted earlier in the thread (5:38), it is easy to see that he did stomp on Tartt's ankle/foot. I think that if the ref actually saw it, intentional or not, it draws a flag. DK has an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, taunting penalty and and ejection this year already, and has appeared at risk of the 1st two multiple other times... so to me a discussion of those types of risky moves is pertinent to discussion of the Hawks.
I think you and others who claim it was a stomp on the ankle need to check it again. I've watched it about 20 times and there is minor contact in which the side of DK's foot slides off of Tartt's heel. It came nowhere close to the ankle and I wouldn't consider it a "stomp on the ankle" unless the ankle was underneath the foot and a follow through of force into the ground. None of that happened.

I've played a lot of competitive sports in my time and it was obviously purely incidental. If there had been any intent or excess physical contact we would have heard about it from Tartt, from his teammates, his coachs, the referees and the league at the time of the play and after the game. Yet here it is days later and not a peep from anyone but some twitter trolls. What does that tell you?

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone posted about it on reddit some hours after the game, but when I looked it up online to see if there was anything in the news, I didn't see anything, which makes me think that nothing happened. I Googled "Metcalf stomp" and the only result was that reddit post.
Same here. There is some discussion and controversy on the reddit thread also but it honestly seems to be about a 70%/30% split in favor of this being nothing of interest even with the trolls automatically trying to conflate it.

Thanks for the honest feedback and good luck on the rest of the year.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on your fantastic MS Paint work, APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT!? "He definitely owes an apology"..... for fucking what? You're admitting he's guilty or something and should apologize for the admission of guilt. That's the entirety of the conversation and what we've been talking about!

But this is what's being taught these days. Be offended and upset about everything, even when the evidence or logic makes zero sense whatsoever...

End of day, stop trying to backtrack..... we know where you stand... it's fine, it's fine... but stop being a douche about it. And up your IQ or something. I heard Cap'n Crunch can raise it by 5.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Has his judgment been an issue in the past? I've never thought of him as a potentially dumb player until that Steelers game some weeks ago when he didn't go out of bounds and the game clock would've run out had Freddie Swain not saved the day.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has his judgment been an issue in the past? I've never thought of him as a potentially dumb player until that Steelers game some weeks ago when he didn't go out of bounds and the game clock would've run out had Freddie Swain not saved the day.
He has gotten penalized for taunting a few times earlier in the year, which was unnecessary, and he has shown a penchant for minor confrontations in the heat of the moment stuff. He tends to let his emotions get the better of him but I think that will level off with a bit more experience.