• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 49ers @ Seahawks, the lost season!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't a bad game, the players were fighting and showing some spirit out there. All the hooting and hollering we have seen in past weeks from this team never made sense because they were failing to often and showed no spirit during the plays. I liked seeing them excited AND backing it up on the field.

Hey if it wasn't for Everett the Hawks should have won this one 45-23, First real stinker we have got from Everett though. 4 rec for 7 yards, 2 of those 4 rec were Fumbled and both lost! One at the goal line then you have one target that goes as a INT that doinked off his hands and he booted up into the air AT THE GOAL LINE. Thats minimal 6 points ( two fg ) and possibly 14 and his lost fumble that wasn't at the goal line killed another drive that could have ended in points. Because of Everett the Hawks offense left a ton of points off the board.

Also I don't think Brooks is as bad as many of you feel. Yes he is not good in coverage and is late on his reads often but he is also flying around and finally getting some playing time. No he is no KJ Wright and I would rather have KJ than Brooks but he is showing promise. He was drafted to one day replace Bobby. Still he is like 4th or 5th in the NFL in tackles, of course Bobby is Number One. Brooks will get better, needs to in the passing game but he has the skills now just needs the brains and some technique. Wish KJ was here to teach him but as far as teaching Linebackers we got a great teacher of linebackers on this team. Ken Norton was and is still a great linebackers coach. Brooks has out performed Barton though so he deserves the playing time. Think about that for a minute, Barton looked like a stud last year.

Last edited:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the 9ers DBs commit PI it's actually not a bad plan.

I'm leaning on the 9ers winning but I wouldn't fall out of my chair if the Seahawks win as the 9ers typically have trouble with the Hawks.

Not having Deebo is a major concern for me as the guy is just a terror with the ball in his hands especially during the 3 game winning streak they've had. Being down two starting LBs with one of those being Warner could be an issue as well.

I expect it to be a good close game regardless.

Honestly, I thought the Niners were gonna get this one, they had more momentum, playing pretty good lately, in the playoff hunt … Russ is starting to look more like Russ, it’s obvious that finger was effecting him..

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I thought the Niners were gonna get this one, they had more momentum, playing pretty good lately, in the playoff hunt … Russ is starting to look more like Russ, it’s obvious that finger was effecting him..

Yeah i figured the Hawks would give this one away late and started hating myself when the 49ers started driving down the field there at the end.
Wilson Completed over 81% of his passes but he was also doing a lot of dinking and dunking. something they need to do more of when teams play with double high safeties. This is what many of us wanted to see, getting the RB and TE into the play more often bringing those safeties down with the short stuff when the running game is not clicking. 9 players caught at least 1 pass on the Hawks team. There was 11 balls caught by TE's or RB's and this is what helped them and would have helped them a lot more if EVERETT wouldn't have gave away 14 points and possibly 21 total points. The Hawks running game was not effective today even though it looks like it was, you remove that long run by Homer and it looks totally different but they did it with the short passing game. GREAT TO FINALLY SEE IT! Adds another dimension to the offense and forcing teams to defend against a part of the game we were not using AT ALL pretty much.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok was re-watching the game and DK needs to apologize to Tartt #3 on the 49ers.
go to 5:38 of the highlights of this video to see what I found in the game, i did link it at the 5:38 mark but it might not transfer over. SportsHoopla is kind of picky.

Just saw twitter is up in arms. Hope he gets fined to be honest and this offseason goes and gets help with his emotions.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
go to 5:38 of the highlights of this video to see what I found in the game, i did link it at the 5:38 mark but it might not transfer over. SportsHoopla is kind of picky.

Just saw twitter is up in arms. Hope he gets fined to be honest and this offseason goes and gets help with his emotions.

Eh he probably didn't see the guy or was in the moment... he turned to the left after he got up when Tartt was on the right of him (and behind after he came up) and wasn't looking down at him nor did he step over him or collide with him, etc.

Saying that based on the video I saw at 5:38, was there more after that? Was he taunting him after that clip ends? Would make no sense if he was as Tartt wasn't even really in on the play (just hopped over after the catch was already made and slipped).

As for "Twitter is up in arms".... of course... Twitter is always up in arms about the stupidest things. I'm pretty sure the collective IQ of Twitter users hovers around 80.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't a bad game, the players were fighting and showing some spirit out there. All the hooting and hollering we have seen in past weeks from this team never made sense because they were failing to often and showed no spirit during the plays. I liked seeing them excited AND backing it up on the field.

Hey if it wasn't for Everett the Hawks should have won this one 45-23, First real stinker we have got from Everett though. 4 rec for 7 yards, 2 of those 4 rec were Fumbled and both lost! One at the goal line then you have one target that goes as a INT that doinked off his hands and he booted up into the air AT THE GOAL LINE. Thats minimal 6 points ( two fg ) and possibly 14 and his lost fumble that wasn't at the goal line killed another drive that could have ended in points. Because of Everett the Hawks offense left a ton of points off the board.

Also I don't think Brooks is as bad as many of you feel. Yes he is not good in coverage and is late on his reads often but he is also flying around and finally getting some playing time. No he is no KJ Wright and I would rather have KJ than Brooks but he is showing promise. He was drafted to one day replace Bobby. Still he is like 4th or 5th in the NFL in tackles, of course Bobby is Number One. Brooks will get better, needs to in the passing game but he has the skills now just needs the brains and some technique. Wish KJ was here to teach him but as far as teaching Linebackers we got a great teacher of linebackers on this team. Ken Norton was and is still a great linebackers coach. Brooks has out performed Barton though so he deserves the playing time. Think about that for a minute, Barton looked like a stud last year.
That is all fair enough.........but based on the raw pass defense numbers, Brooks has struggled quite a bit. His run D and tackling are stellar but his pass D is an issue.
Hopefully he becomes proficient at it as he is still learning and will theoretically continue to improve. But if your standard is to hold players accountable for their coverage then he fully deserves the criticism at this point.

I'll see if I can find some current pass defense numbers (targets, passer rating allowed, etc) for him. He was flat out bad earlier in the season (he was giving up like a 125 pr after 5-6 weeks or so) but I feel he has generally improved as the season has progressed so hopefully his hard work pays off.

What I have found are articles documenting his issues with screens. The articles state how proficient KJ was with them but how Brooks has struggled (note there were multiple articles but I just linked the one).

Last edited:

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really see much. He popped up after a great catch and celebrated a little. If he would have actually faced up with the defender and done anything egregious he would have been flagged as we have seen throughout the league this year.

What am I missing here?

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see much. He popped up after a great catch and celebrated a little. If he would have actually faced up with the defender and done anything egregious he would have been flagged as we have seen throughout the league this year.

What am I missing here?
His excited stomp was right on Tartt's ankle. Not intentional, but he definitely owes an apology and should have done it at the time.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah he’s got cut that @@$ out … He said he was gonna work in that, he’s failing, that was a sneaky little cheap shot …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His excited stomp was right on Tartt's ankle. Not intentional, but he definitely owes an apology and should have done it at the time.

I think that was intentional, just very sneaky … He’s gotta control that …

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that was intentional, just very sneaky … He’s gotta control that …
If it was intentional he should be suspended the rest of the year; that was really bad if it wasn't an accident

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he’s got cut that @@$ out … He said he was gonna work in that, he’s failing, that was a sneaky little cheap shot …
Now that it was pointed out to me I see the issue.

However there is nothing to indicate any intent. He stepped forward and did contact but it wasn't directly on the ankle or foot, and he was looking up and yelling to the crowd.
If he had looked down, and then stomped down then I would agree that it was egregious. But the reality is that there is nothing there. It didn’t even register with me as a possible issue until specifically pointed.

#nothingburger

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it was pointed out to me I see the issue.

However there is nothing to indicate any intent. He stepped forward and did contact but it wasn't directly on the ankle or foot, and he was looking up and yelling to the crowd.
If he had looked down, and then stomped down then I would agree that it was egregious. But the reality is that there is nothing there. It didn’t even register with me as a possible issue until specifically pointed.

#nothingburger

Yeah, he put a little extra torque on that step, he sold it well, so didn’t get punished, but he’s gotta learn to let it go, just ball out, beat um with your play …

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was intentional he should be suspended the rest of the year; that was really bad if it wasn't an accident

Hopefully it goes away and it’s not reviewed by the league.. NFL is so quick to punish … It sure looks intentional though, he put some pepper on that step …

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stepped forward emphatically while flexing and shouting to the crowd. He didn't target to stomp on the guy's foot and ankle.

I don't see any proof of intent at all. All I see is a bunch of speculation. Nobody on the field at the time even seemed to notice it, let alone take umbrage with it. Not the refs, not the announcers, not the SF sidelines, and not even the guy who was supposedly taking the force. The only thing I can find online about it is 1 redditt thread who also have nothing to add.

Please explain how this indicates DK's guilt. Speculating that he might have done any of this intentionally is just that: pure speculation without any facts to back it up.

If there was an actual trial it would be an embarassing loss for the plaintiff unless they had a lot more than the video evidence we are looking at. Frankly, I'm shocked that Seahawk fans are declaring him guilty based on this flimsy case of a lone, inconclusive (in regards to intent) video. Maybe that is based somewhat on DKs past behavior?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He stepped forward emphatically while flexing and shouting to the crowd. He didn't target to stomp on the guy's foot and ankle.

I don't see any proof of intent at all. All I see is a bunch of speculation. Nobody on the field at the time even seemed to notice it, let alone take umbrage with it. Not the refs, not the announcers, not the SF sidelines, and not even the guy who was supposedly taking the force. The only thing I can find online about it is 1 redditt thread who also have nothing to add.

Please explain how this indicates DK's guilt. Speculating that he might have done any of this intentionally is just that: pure speculation without any facts to back it up.

If there was an actual trial it would be an embarassing loss for the plaintiff unless they had a lot more than the video evidence we are looking at. Frankly, I'm shocked that Seahawk fans are declaring him guilty based on this flimsy case of a lone, inconclusive (in regards to intent) video. Maybe that is based somewhat on DKs past behavior?

AHHH I see it now... what everyone is up in arms about... which end of day is nothing... DK Metcalf has 'stomped' before on PURE grass, it's just kind of what he does... I doubt he even knew the other guy was there. Tartt jumped over at the end of the play, didn't make contact with either player, Metcalf never acknowledges him or even sees he's there... And he didn't HARD press on the guys ankle or add torque as someone else said... his full weight landed on the turf... not the players ankle (like Suh intentionally did with Rodgers and was not suspended at all).

I still don't see any intent there, and it's NOTHING like Suh so @kcden I have zero clue what you mean by suspend him for the rest of the year.... that's the same stupid overreaction that everyone hates about the NFL front office.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AHHH I see it now... what everyone is up in arms about... which end of day is nothing... DK Metcalf has 'stomped' before on PURE grass, it's just kind of what he does... I doubt he even knew the other guy was there. Tartt jumped over at the end of the play, didn't make contact with either player, Metcalf never acknowledges him or even sees he's there... And he didn't HARD press on the guys ankle or add torque as someone else said... his full weight landed on the turf... not the players ankle (like Suh intentionally did with Rodgers and was not suspended at all).

I still don't see any intent there, and it's NOTHING like Suh so @kcden I have zero clue what you mean by suspend him for the rest of the year.... that's the same stupid overreaction that everyone hates about the NFL front office.
Re-read... I said "if it was intentional...".... and I stand by that; if he intentionally stomped on Tartt's ankle, he doesn't belong in the league. Intentionally attempting to break someone's ankle is some criminal bullshit. I don't think he did it on purpose, and I certainly hope he did not.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re-read... I said "if it was intentional...".... and I stand by that; if he intentionally stomped on Tartt's ankle, he doesn't belong in the league. Intentionally attempting to break someone's ankle is some criminal bullshit. I don't think he did it on purpose, and I certainly hope he did not.

And how are you going to prove that? Ya can't... so it's all speculation and a bunch of bullshit... clearly San Fran sideline had no issue with it, neither did Seattle... it wasn't mentioned in the game...

But instead a bunch of social media/LEFT dickheads who are living in their mom's basement, leaching off the government and MY tax dollars, and generally acting like complete and utter cognitively disabled fuckers, said it's a problem. Torch em' all... let's progress as a society for once.

On a less extreme note, this might be the stupidest social media rant of all time with respect to a football game. If this was Pittsburgh, New York, Dallas, or any other major East coast football team, DK would probably have a medal of honor by now.