• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 Most Important People to your organization

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much half of my list is gone now or will be gone… Dan, KC, Ben… I don’t even recognize this team anymore
Well now that the dust is starting to settle... Here is a new list:

The Obvious:
1. Rooney Family... Ownership & franchise culture is one of the most valuable assets this team has. It radiates outward from them: to the staff, the personnel, the city, etc. I haven't been big on Art Rooney II since he took over. He's quiet & doesn't seem to have the control that his father or his grandfather had. But he's still finding his own way. Losing Dan & Patricia in recent year left some gigantic craters in this family & the team culture. Artie II has been maintaining their legacy & business model.

2. HC Mike Tomlin... I would have put the new GM here, but I get the feeling that Tomlin is assuming more responsibility now that Kevin Colbert is gone. A new GM will be eager to please his established HC.

3. GM Omar Khan... He is going to be filling some big shoes left behind by Colbert. Khan has been with this FO for decades so he's no stranger to running a tight ship. Considered a cap wizard by many. He will have some help with newly hired assistant GM Andy Weidl.

4. AGM Andy Weidl... His resume speaks for itself, but I'm more concerned about the loss of Brandon Hunt in the scouting department. Weidl will need to bridge that gap with his scouting & personnel prowess.

Players:
1. Cam Heyward... This lockerroom is incredibly young and severely lacking leadership amongst its players. They have a great group of unselfish guys, but they will need more leadership when adversity strikes. Heyward is one of the last remaining leaders in this lockerroom.

2. TJ Watt... Not many players in the NFL are making the impact that TJ does on every single snap.

3. Kenny Pickett... I'm bigger on this kid than most. But I truly believe that this team's future rests on his shoulders. If they are going to contend again any time soon, then it will hinge on Pickett's ability to rise to the occasion. Trubisky is serviceable, and maybe he surprises this year, but drafting Pickett changes his outlook in Pgh. Trubisky's time as a Steelers could be rather short-lived if Kenny proves to be more pro-ready than most think he is.

4. Minkah Fitzpatrick... Minkah was a piece to the defensive puzzle that this team lacked for years. This secondary sported a decent amount of talent, but didn't have the centerfielders to bring it all together. They struggled for years to compete against the elite QBs in the league.

5. Najee Harris... I was neither for or against drafting this kid, but he exceeded expectations as a rookie behind a piss-poor OL. And the team chose to rebuild this offense around a workhorse RB. Not a bad philosophy, especially since they didn't put the premium on OLineman like they should have. But this offense will need to lean on Najee a lot this year while they experience some growing pains. I hope Najee becomes a leader on offense as well.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're going to add Owners/Coaches/GM's to the list then that only leaves room for 2 guys to impact the actual team...and while coaches can be good/bad, and GM's can be boom/bust - players certainly can make bad coaches/GM's look great, and bad players can make good coaches/GM's look horrible...

Players for Bengals, In order:

1. Burrow
2. Reader
3. Chase
4. Awuzie
5. Boyd

Now, for many who don't know...that defense starts and revolves around Reader at the NT position. He's one of the best in the game, and missing him in 2020 and having him healthy for a full 2021 showed just how big of an impact he has on that defense as a whole, not just the DL. He was the main reason for helping to stonewall that Titans run game in the playoffs (yes, though I know Henry wasn't 100%).

Awuzie was one of the best DB's in the game last year, and was the best CB in the AFC, IIRC - and even if not THE best, he was easily top 5. His ability to come in and replace an injured (again) Waynes was huge.

There are several guys you could put for the 5 spot, IMO (Hubbard, Hendrickson, Wilson, Bates), but IMO Boyd doesn't get enough credit for having 2 young WR's come in, steal a bunch of focus and catches, and still he just shows up and goes to work every day. When his number is called, he's ready. No ego. No complaining. Just going out there to do his job. It would have been really easy to moan and groan like so many WR's do when they see their targets drop, or suddenly are not the main focus of the passing game, but he accepts his role, excels, and just gets the job done.

(Nothing on Burrow/Chase - pretty sure that is self-evident)

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say any of the 5 of the 537,000 Packer stock shareholders who on an annual basis vote at the annual meeting for the people who sit on the Packer Board of directors who then make the decisions on which people are best to run the club

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say any of the 5 of the 537,000 Packer stock shareholders who on an annual basis vote at the annual meeting for the people who sit on the Packer Board of directors who then make the decisions on which people are best to run the club
Hungry Lick Lips GIF by JcrOffroad

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in my opinion. But I like fucking with RTK. Due to the amount of stupid shit he says he deserves it.
I know. That was more for him than you :heh:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. That was more for him than you :heh:

I'm anxiously awaiting RTK 100% spot-on week by week team rankings. Always good for a laugh.

That fella knows so much about the game how is he not the Eagles GM? Wait, I forgot he swings on Carson's junk like it's a jungle gym. He should be Washington's GM.

I remember last season he said he hoped that jackass in cleats Mayfield injured his shoulder throwing a pass. So either the same week or the following week hiz boy Wentz somehow sprained both of his ankles in a game.

You ever hear of an NFLer spraining both ankles at the same time? That's proof RTK's a jinx. Glad he doesn't root for any of my teams.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like the type of person that could get stuck in a revolving door. He could be missing brain cells.

I bet he's a meeeechegan fan.
I think you might be right

JcrOffroad
9350 Shaver Rd, Portage, MI 49024

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks like the type of person that could get stuck in a revolving door. He could be missing brain cells.

I bet he's a meeeechegan fan.
Lol. Have u been to the PF?